PDA

View Full Version : Insurance companies suck big fat donkey dicks!

Thumper
09-18-2017, 04:03 PM
That is all ... until further notice. :AR

LJ3
09-18-2017, 04:13 PM

BarryBobPosthole
09-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Its unAmerican to bitch about corporations that make profits.

(and I hope everything is okay)

BKB

airbud7
09-18-2017, 05:08 PM
I have life insurance that ain't worth a shit to me....and they still want money every month?... From Me!...../ WTF!

BarryBobPosthole
09-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Why do you ask, George Bailey?

BKb

airbud7
09-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Why do you ask, George Bailey?

BKb

Not an ask....its a tell.

Big Muddy
09-18-2017, 07:03 PM
Don't leave us hanging like that, Thump......tell us what your gripe is with your ins. company......in 50 words or less. ;)

DeputyDog
09-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Ha! 50 words or less from Thumper. Just kidding Jim.

I figured you must be having some issues if I couldn't draw you out with an Indycar post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain
09-18-2017, 07:55 PM
50 words or less for Thumper would be mumbling on his death bed....

Thumper
09-19-2017, 11:52 AM
All o'youse need to grab a stool and form a line!

Booger
09-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Jim prolly ain't got "flood" coverage and ins company told him to fuck off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thumper
09-19-2017, 06:48 PM
That's a good part of it Booger ... PLUS some! I DO have hurricane insurance though and the way it's looking, if I'd have had flood insurance and no hurricane insurance, all my damages would be attributed to a "hurricane". As it is, with hurricane coverage and no flood insurance, everything is attributable to "flooding". I told 'em I didn't have any fucking flood and was told ... "anywhere water ends up where it doesn't belong, is considered a flood". I asked about the fucking 10' deep swimming pool that now rests a foot higher that it's supposed to and was told that is from "rising water" ... which falls under "flood" coverage. My smart-ass question back to them was, "So, you're telling me the fucking GROUND WATER does not belong under ground???" This is frigging FLORIDA, I have a 10-foot deep pool. Evidently the ground water came up to 9-feet deep ... in turn floating my pool a foot above ground level! Rat bastards!

Oh, I have 100 more bullshit issues like that, but no time for a Thump post right now. Besides, I can already feel the blood pressure rising. :pissed

BarryBobPosthole
09-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Keep after them. I imagine right now they are getting their own asses handed to them aswell.

BKB

Thumper
09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
I just had a call from an adjuster who said he'll be here Saturday morning. I told him my privacy fence is blown all over creation and he said it is not covered. I told him my fencing is covered by my homeowner's insurance under "wind damage" and then he told me this damage falls under "hurricane damage" and fencing is not covered by their hurricane policy! WTF??? EVERYTHING I throw at them, they have an out. I could fill the page with similar b/s, but it's suppertime.

You're in good hands with Allstate! Ha!

BarryBobPosthole
09-19-2017, 07:30 PM
I'll say the same thing to you that we say when we accidently kill a fish we intended to release.

"Turtles and snakes gotta eat too"

BKB

Trav
09-19-2017, 09:54 PM
Do you have fire insurance, no reason just asking.

Thumper
09-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Do you have fire insurance, no reason just asking.

Odd you should mention that. I have a $1000.00 deductible on my homeowners policy, but the deductible is $4986.00 on the hurricane policy. I have no choice in that matter as the insurance company sets the deductible amount. I asked them how the heck they calculated an odd deductible like that. I was told the deductible on hurricane insurance is 2% of the home's value. WTF? This place never has been and never will be worth a quarter million $$$! It's assessed at $108,000. Heck, I PAID $115,000 over 28-years ago, but this area never really recovered from the recession. I'm assuming the insurance company is taking into account every stick of very expensive furniture that I DON'T have. (?) So, the tax collector says my house is worth $108,000, INCLUDING the real estate, and the insurance company says it's worth $250,000, NOT including the real estate (1-acre). That's convenient, I don't have a clue what the land is worth, but 2% of the HOME's value ain't even close to $5000!

So, coincidentally, just this evening I said to Lynn, "Dang, I guess that means if this place burns to the ground, the insurance company will write me a check for $250,000 and we'll still have a very nice lot!" She told me to never say something like that out loud! Yeah, I could probably mention that jokingly to the adjuster and with my luck, this place would catch fire the next day! :slaphead

Big Muddy
09-20-2017, 12:47 AM
So, are you going to get even a red cent outta your ins. company for your damages???

Thumper
09-20-2017, 06:40 AM
I dunno. The adjuster is supposed to be here sometime between 8:00-9:00 am on Saturday. From what they've told me so far, it's sounding like the piddly stuff they WILL cover, won't even meet the deductible.

Chicken Dinner
09-20-2017, 08:18 AM
You probably know this, but don't take the first "no" as the final answer. It's part of the business model for these bastages that a certain percentage of claims will get frustrated and give up. You certainly bought this insurance thinking, and they wanted you to believe, that you'd be covered for any eventuality. Be the squeaky wheel.

Thumper
09-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Yessir, this IS the second go-around. I first went through the claims center as instructed and they were of NO help. They scheduled an adjuster to come out "within 7-to-10 days", but pretty much informed me it would most likely be a waste of time. I called back the next day, told them to stuff their "Not Covered" repetitions where the sun don't shine, then told them to cancel the adjuster appointment.

I then contacted my LOCAL agent directly, told her they've covered my automobiles (for many years, as many as 7 of them including my company vehicles) for the past 42+ years without ANY major claims, and they've covered my houses for 37+ years, also with zero major claims. Yet, now that I actually NEED the crappy insurance I've been paying for all these years, they pull out their bag of 20,000 excuses to deny my claim. I then told her I would no longer communicate with the claims center and I want her to PERSONALLY handle the claim as I was finished screwing with the rat bastards.

20 minutes later, an adjuster called to let me know he'd be here Saturday and he'd do his best to cover as much as possible. Time will tell, but I still don't expect much from those parasites.

Captain
09-20-2017, 11:44 AM
You know I been trying to find some smart ass comment to make about this but to be honest this ain't funny...
At a time you need help they seem to be all excuses. Looks like they are just going to screw as many people as possible during what is surely one of the worse storms in their lifetime.
I hope you whoop a mudhole in his ass and then stomp the water out...

DeputyDog
09-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Good luck Jim. I've seen and heard of a lot of horror stories about Allstate. I had a crash where one of the drivers had Allstate and were in no way, shape, or form at fault for the crash, but Allstate told them they would only cover part of the damage since they were "partially" at fault. My crash report had no fault assigned to them at all. The driver later was told that Allstate had him partially at fault just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and getting involved in a crash of someone else's fault entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
09-20-2017, 03:06 PM
That's pretty much what I'm running into Deppity. I have hurricane coverage. What is a hurricane anyway? High winds and a massive amount of rain, right? Sounds simple enough. In the case of my fencing, it's covered for "windstorms", but not for "hurricanes"! The water damage is not due to the hurricane, its due to "flooding", but I don't have flood insurance! The pool? Oh, that's due to "rising water"! Not covered. WTF?

BarryBobPosthole
09-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Sounds like Filipino taxi logic. If you get in a cab in Manila and they have an accident you are partially, or sometimeswholly at fault because if you had not hired them, they would not have been there.

BKb

Thumper
09-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Yep, similar crap in Thailand. It's crazy.

Another bit of craziness. One time I was riding my motorcycle (in Thailand) and a damn chicken ran in front of me. I squished the old hen. I stopped but the Thai buddy I was riding with motioned for me to get the hell out of Dodge! He later explained that if I'd stuck around, the villager would have demanded payment for his chicken. I told him I'd have no problem with that even though it was not my fault. He then explained that (just pick a number, I'll use $1 for simplicity) the chicken would cost me a dollar, BUT ... that chicken would have laid a bazillion eggs in it's lifetime and could have produced a bazillion more chickens ... and THOSE chickens could lay a bazillion eggs in their lifetimes, etc, etc, etc. So, that one scraggly dead chicken was actually worth elebenty-bazillion dollars!

I said screw that, I'd just buy him a new chicken, give it to him and we'd call it even. I was informed it doesn't work that way! We used to call it Thai logic. ;)

I was once in Baja Mexico for a motorcycle race. The day before the race, my partner and myself were riding down the road and some Mexican clown decided to pull a U-turn right in front of us. My buddy ditched his bike and slid under the back of the car, breaking his collar bone and a couple of ribs. The Mexican hauled ass and when the cops got there, they arrested my buddy and hauled him to jail ... along with his bike. In those days, we spent a LOT of time in Mexico and always kept a Mexican attorney on retainer, so I called him. The Red Cross patched my buddy up but said he needs to go to the hospital. The attorney showed up and arranged (reduced) bail to get my buddy out of jail, but they kept his motorcycle as collateral until we went to trial to straighten the mess out. I asked what kind of f'ing system is it when my buddy did nothing wrong, but he's being charged? I was told they HAVE to charge SOMEBODY and since the other guy took off, my buddy was the only one left to charge! WTF???? Anyway, I had to load him up and took his ass to San Diego to the hospital, then returned to L.A. with his truck and my motorcycle on the trailer. After a couple days, I went back down (to San Diego) to pick him up and bring him back home to L.A, then we returned that weekend to get his motorcycle out of impound before the Rosarita Police Chief's son received it as a birthday gift! The attorney had worked out a release of the property, but I can't remember if we had to pay any impound fees. The funny part? When we went to pick up his bike, they had it locked in a cell at the city jail! ;)

airbud7
09-20-2017, 06:23 PM
hahaha....that last thump post was kinda funny/....good luck with the insurance company though.