PDA

View Full Version : Just Going to Put This Out There

Big Skyz
09-26-2017, 09:13 AM
You know, aside from the obvious amount of "fake news" broadcast these days I think what annoys me just as much is what is considered news these days. The fact the celebrities and professional athletes are given any air time at all is amazingly stupid to me. The is not a unit of measurement in the entire world that can measure how little I care about what either have to say. With major natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornados, floods, earthquakes, and fires all over the world. Plus serious politically motivated physical threats to the US and the rest of the free world. You'd think the news media could find something more to report about than what some overpaid, out of touch, idiotic waste of time has to say about anything. However, such is not the case. Headline news gives natural disasters, terrorists, war, and celebrity opinions equal billing. Just makes me shake my head most days. Okay rant over, go back to your regularly scheduled unrelated tangents to each thread. ;)

Thumper
09-26-2017, 09:22 AM
I doubt I've ever agreed with ANY post I've ever seen here, more than I agree with this one.

I couldn't give a squat about ANY of those types and people used to think I was crazy for not caring back when I worked in Hollywood and Beverly Hills. I was surrounded by those movie industry idiots and people around me were incredulous that I didn't get all giddy when dealing with them. Some were cool and genuinely nice people, but for the most part, overpaid jerks. The same goes for sports. I dealt with a ton of Dodger and (then) L.A. Raiders mucky-mucks. I'd get showered with free tickets to their games on a weekly basis, but always gave them away.

WTF? Why is ANYTHING these dipwads have to say even considered newsworthy? I don't get it ... and probably never will.

BarryBobPosthole
09-26-2017, 09:47 AM
Sadder still, IMO, isn't the lack of respect for our national sybols but its the lack of respect that people have lost for anyone but themselves and those who think like themselves. That lack of respect makes it impossible to have a political discussion even between friends. We draw invisible lines now and with friends we don't want to lose, we don't cross them. I've tried to figure out what has caused this, who is to blame, but the answer I keep coming up with is maybe we've lost respect for one another because we ourselves put too much value in stupid stuff. Like what celebrities do, as Troy says.

A good example is here. I don't talk politics any more on here, at least not much, because I am afraid to. I'm not afraid of what anyone else's opinion is, but I am afraid of losing more friends be ause of what their reaction might be to mine.
JB was the first to point it out. And he was right too.

BK

HideHunter
09-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Totally agree, Sky.. Like Jim (though not to that extent) I rubbed elbows with many "outdoor celebrities". Just like "regular" people - some I liked - some I didn't.

Re: BBP's post, I agree here, too. Here's a quote from one of the smartest men I "know"...

“Our current state of red/blue politics is like the final throes of a bad marriage. It’s become not about achieving reconciliation, or even an end, but how much pain can be inflicted before one side walks away…” Will .. 1/24/2013

BarryBobPosthole
09-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Chilly Willy does have a purty mouth don't he?

BKB

Captain
09-26-2017, 10:51 AM
I think they should fire everyone of them and never print their names again or give them one bit if TV or press.

LJ3
09-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Sadder still, IMO, isn't the lack of respect for our national sybols but its the lack of respect that people have lost for anyone but themselves and those who think like themselves. That lack of respect makes it impossible to have a political discussion even between friends. We draw invisible lines now and with friends we don't want to lose, we don't cross them. I've tried to figure out what has caused this, who is to blame, but the answer I keep coming up with is maybe we've lost respect for one another because we ourselves put too much value in stupid stuff. Like what celebrities do, as Troy says.

A good example is here. I don't talk politics any more on here, at least not much, because I am afraid to. I'm not afraid of what anyone else's opinion is, but I am afraid of losing more friends be ause of what their reaction might be to mine.
JB was the first to point it out. And he was right too.

BK

Pussy.

BarryBobPosthole
09-26-2017, 12:09 PM
You are what you eat, man.

That's what us liberal foodies say anyway.

BKB

Thumper
09-26-2017, 12:16 PM
One problem I see with the "sports world" pulling the shit they're pulling these days, is that the kids idolize and look up to them. What a great example ... NOT! (A major fear resulting from these influences, once the kids become of age, they'll become registered Democrats!) :stirthepot

BarryBobPosthole
09-26-2017, 12:57 PM
OTOH, I hope all of my kids and grandkids never have to have someone tell them they have to live by someone else's definition of service. If service of or to anything is mandatorily dictated by some other bunch of assholes, then its no different than what the North Korean people are forced to do in honor of their own nutbag leader. Its only honor and its only service if it is somethng that comes from your own heart.
I think if you listen these athletes you speak of pretty much unanimously view it as not being intended as a dishonor.

As we used to say in the old days of AO......Flame on!

BKb

LJ3
09-26-2017, 02:36 PM
I agree with BBP. Also. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Big Skyz
09-26-2017, 04:36 PM
"if you listen these athletes" and therein lies the problem. Some people actually listen to these athletes and celebrities. The fact that either have a voice in how the entire nation is run is deeply disturbing. When the few rule the masses it's literally the tail wagging the dog.

airbud7
09-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, out. He's fired.

LJ3
09-26-2017, 04:52 PM
"if you listen these athletes" and therein lies the problem. Some people actually listen to these athletes and celebrities. The fact that either have a voice in how the entire nation is run is deeply disturbing. When the few rule the masses it's literally the tail wagging the dog.

Luckily, I was successful in raising my kids to see these douchecicles for what they are.

Hombre
09-26-2017, 04:59 PM
I could give 2 shits about celebrity or professional athletes opinions. They're so far detached from every day life that their opinion is literally useless in my opinion. That being said when I go to an event I'd prefer it be about what I paid for, I'll watch and put up with a bit, but when it becomes more about their message than the entertainment I paid for I just quit going, watching or whatever.

Big Skyz
09-26-2017, 05:01 PM
^^^YUP!^^^