PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of rodents getting into vehicles......

Big Muddy
09-28-2017, 12:48 AM
Wife came home complaining about a bad rattle under her car's hood.....I took a look, and couldn't find anything out of place.....however, as I slammed the hood, it sounded like marbles rolling around.....wtf???......I raised the hood, again, then, I noticed a small hole in a pocket of the insulated hood liner.....I opened it up a little wider with my finger, and a little hard brown nugget, about the size of a live oak acorn fell out......I poked around the hole further, and a few more nuggets fell out.....wtf???

At first I didn't recognized what they were, and I was really getting curious, so I removed the retainer clips, holding the insulation next to the hood.....this is what I found, and they all fell out, when I pulled it away from the hood......it's Sandy's frigging dog food !!!.....that day'um rat had stored all of it between the hood and liner, while the car was parked under the carport......little bastages. ;)

HideHunter
09-28-2017, 06:16 AM
I have to stay on top of this problem constantly.. I live on the river with timber at my back and 80 acres of prairie at my front.. Anything, including vehicles, that sits for a few days at a time is in danger of a having a field mouse nest - or something being chewed on.. Danged near ate the entire wiring harness off my outboard two years ago.. I have all manner of traps and poison is my friend.

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2017, 09:58 AM
A mutual friend of me and Hombre (actually his FiL) bought an old Ranger Cherokee a few years ago. Its the only all aluminum Ranger hull I know of. He and his BIl tore out the whole interior, reran all the fuel and wiring lines and then TIG welded an all aluminum floor and decking in it with brand new seats.

And then promptly parked it outside for a year. The rats got where a person never could and ate up all his electrical and fuel lines. At Dogtooth this year I know he was talking about using jerry cans for fuel but I never ran nto them so I didn't get to ask what they had to do to get it runnng right.

Those damned rats are destructive bastards.

BKB

Thumper
09-28-2017, 10:46 AM
Sue Toyota ... it's all their fault for using soy based insulation. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2017, 10:52 AM
lol right!

BkB

Captain
09-28-2017, 11:02 AM
A mechanic friend of mine tapes one of those rats kill food block under the hood of every car he works on.
He swears by them.

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2017, 11:13 AM
Back home on the farm, it wasn't all that uncommon to walk out to my truck in winter and fire it up to have all hell break loose under the hood. Our barn cats used to climb up on the engine block to keep warm. It made for quite the eye opener on their way out on a cold winter morning.

BKB