PDA

View Full Version : Hey Johnboy ....

Thumper
10-01-2017, 09:54 AM
... I hope any of your acquaintances in and around Edmonton are ok. Congrats to the EPS for their excellent police work.

BTW, have you had any communication with Marg over the last few years? Any clue how she's been doing?

airbud7
10-01-2017, 10:15 AM
just read about that

A POLICE officer was stabbed and terrified pedestrians mowed down during a terror attack in Canada.

The 30-year-old rammed a van into a police car sending the officer flying 15ft into the air.

Pictures show a U-Haul truck on its side with the windscreen smashed out

He then jumped out the car and knifed the cop "several times" and fled on foot as a dramatic manhunt was launched.

Police chased down the attacker as he drove through the packed out streets in downtown Edmonton.

He then ploughed into four pedestrians leaving them with multiple injuries before he was arrested after flipping the van on to its side.

Edmonton Police Chief Rod Knecht said the incidents are being investigated “as an act of terror” and that the attacker acted alone.

The rented van had an ISIS flag in the front seat, he confirmed.

johnboy
10-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Hey Thump, yeah, been on the news this morning. Another nutbag attack. Not even safe in Rubberboot, Alberta. One thing I wish was that the 'news' types stop saying that these are 'lone wolf' attacks. I like wolves and that demeans them. How about a 'rabid dog' attack instead?

Spoke to Marg a while back and she seems to be doing ok. To my shame, I am the absolute worst at keeping in contact with people. It's a character flaw.

Thumper
10-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Ha! I never thought about it, but yeah, "rabid dog" would be more appropriate. BUT ... there IS the dictionary definition of "lone wolf" and it fits the scenario.

lone wolf

lōn ˈwo͝olf/
noun
noun: lone wolf; plural noun: lone wolves

a person who prefers to act or be alone.

Glad Marg seems to be doing ok. Thanks for the update.