PDA

View Full Version : For those needing foodplot fertilizer......

Big Muddy
10-06-2017, 05:56 PM
I normally buy my foodplot fertilizer in bulk, and it can be a fairly expensive item for wildlife foodplots, especially if you have several of them.....I was in the Walmart garden center, yesterday, picking up some plants for my wife, and happened to see a stack of 10-10-10 blended fertilizer, which is regularly priced at $11.00 per 40 lb. bag.....it was marked down to $2.50 per bag, since summer is nearly over, and they want to get rid of it......at that low price, I did a quick calculation in my head, and figured on a one acre foodplot, I could make a starter application of 3 bags per acre, and get a total of 120 lbs. for $7.50.....that's dirt cheap, so I bought the entire stack of 15 bags.

Then, I had to go back today, and danged if they didn't have a pallet with about 45 bags, sitting in the aisle at $2.50 per bag.....I backed my truck up to the door, and they loaded the whole pallet in my truck with a forklift.

So, if anyone's interested, you might wanna check your Walmart garden center for some fertilizer specials.

BarryBobPosthole
10-06-2017, 06:14 PM
The grass is green wherever Captain walks and talks for some rason.

It must be the fertilizer.

BkB

Big Muddy
10-06-2017, 06:16 PM
It's all those tomatoes that he eats. ;)

Thumper
10-07-2017, 09:20 AM
The grass is green wherever Captain walks and talks for some rason. It must be the fertilizer.

Ain't that the truth! Heck, he even fertilizes the AIR wherever he walks!