PDA

View Full Version : CFB Week 7

quercus alba
10-09-2017, 07:38 AM
Getting a little tougher now in conference play, injuries to key players, redshirts getting burned on the last play of the game. I could pick the cupcake games and inflate my record but I don't roll that way, us Goodhunters have to do things the hard way.

NC State 35
Pittsburg 17

TCU 31
K. St 16

Upset Special
Indiana 28
Michigan 24

Texas Tech 38
West Va 28

Tennessee 27
S. Car 21

Wisconsin 30
Purdue 24

Miami 28
Ga Tech 27

Auburn 30
LSU 14

Oooo, I don't want to pick this one

Oklahoma 27
Texas 26 ( my heart says Texas but I can't do Posty that way. I'm biting the bullet for ya man)

Navy 31
Memphis 30 (I'm gonna regret this one I think)

A&M 27
Fla 17

AZ 38
UCLA 35

Bama 101
Piggies -21

Chicken Dinner
10-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Have I mentioned you make me nervous when you pick the Pack? I'd love to see you wrong on SC/TN as well. I need that opening week loss to look better than it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
10-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Only beating the hogs by 26 didn't help the gamecocks resume either. Old nick can probably name his score this week

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Have I mentioned you make me nervous when you pick the Pack? I'd love to see you wrong on SC/TN as well. I need that opening week loss to look better than it was.

Are you saying QA is like Corso?

BkB

Chicken Dinner
10-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Yes...

quercus alba
10-09-2017, 10:44 PM

Chicken Dinner
10-11-2017, 05:47 AM
Man, Bama and Georgia are 30+ point favorites over Arkansas and Mizzou. Coaches should be fired over that on general principles. It almost doesn't matter what happens on a he field.

quercus alba
10-11-2017, 07:02 AM
I agree. If Saban can't beat the Hogs by more than 30+ then it's time for a change in Tuscaloosa. That's inexcusable

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2017, 07:33 AM
Bulimia is fighting for his job, Arkansas has at times played Bama close, Bama is showing chinks, .....

nah.

BkB

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2017, 08:47 PM
The injury to the Clempson qb is on Dabo Sweeney IMO. The young man couldn’t defend himself or escape from defenders so putting him in the exposed him.
There ain’t no excuse for that. Selfish bastard.

I hope Syracuse beats them like a red headed stepchild.

BKb

Big Muddy
10-13-2017, 08:53 PM
Syracuse leading at half 17-14, so I hope you get your wish. ;)

quercus alba
10-13-2017, 10:18 PM
shades of Houston Nutt. If I had to play a cripple because I hadn't developed a backup I could trust then I need to step down as a coach

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Their pain eases some of mine.

Wazzou and Cal is the late game. Nice fall night of college football!

There are people there wearing gas masks. Whoa, this is gonna be good.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-13-2017, 11:12 PM
Good news, Tpost, your Sooners are back in the hunt, now that Dabo screwed the pooch, tonite.....you just need a few more teams like Geogia, Penn. State, and Wash. State to stub their toes, too. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Its early!

BKb

Big Muddy
10-14-2017, 12:20 AM
Maybe not.....looks like #8 Wash.State might bite the dust tonite, too.....must have something to do with this Friday the 13th crap. ;)

Btw, they just mentioned your Sooners on Espn, as maybe clawing their way back into the top 5.

However, I hate to be the wet rag, but if ya'll lose to Texas, tomorrow, then it's lights out.....but, I'm pretty sure you already know that.....either way, I'll be rootin' for ya.

Big Muddy
10-14-2017, 09:08 AM
When ole pizz played Cal. a few weeks ago, my first thoughts were heck, ole pizz scheduled a bunch of left coast fairies.....then, the fairies beat the sheeit outta ole pizz.....man, those guys have a good football team, led by a jam up accurate QB in Ross Bowers, who incidentally is from Washington.....he was passed over, and was never offered a scholly to Wash. State.....and, their only 3 losses are to
very good teams: #5 Wash., #13 USC, and Oregon.

Luke Falk, the Wash. St. QB, has been listed among the top five Heisman candidates.....he got his azz completely stuffed last night, while Bowers looked spectacular.....I love it when underdogs really shine !!! ;)

Chicken Dinner
10-14-2017, 09:18 AM
The two front runners stubbed their toes big time last night. This has a nice look this morning. I sure hope State can hold serve against Pitt today.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171014/6d3feb369bf5b9f189ffc392452dacde.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2017, 09:25 AM
Thanks, Muddy. After last week’s beatdown I expect the Sooners to come out of the gate foaming at the mouth. If they don’t I’m gonna call them nasty names.

Who’d a thunk two top ten teams would go down on Friday night?

It gives me hope for Arkansas!

BKB

Big Muddy
10-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Got my fingers crossed that the Hogs will at least make a good showing.....Tuscaloosa is a killing field. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2017, 01:33 PM
That’s why they have to go play the games! You just never know with 18 year olds.

I will say this, I actually like Saban. And I like him even more after his ‘rat poison’ comments!

BKb

quercus alba
10-14-2017, 02:45 PM
The people that hate Satan er I mean Saban are usually the ones that he just mashed or is about to mash. I strongly suspect that he runs a clean program, at least by SEC standards. I like him too

The Fighting Illini need to change their name to The Rented Mules or The Red Headed Stepchildren. Letting Rutgers Beat up on them is shameful

The odds of the Hogs making a show against Bama is so miniscule that it's not even considered an integer, a number, fraction or even a decimal place.

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2017, 03:45 PM
I think that pass traveled 60 yards IN THE AIR.

Holy crap.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Dang, QA. You got that NC State score right on the money.

quercus alba
10-14-2017, 04:20 PM
and you called me Corso

I'm devastated

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2017, 05:28 PM
BC took down Louisville. Petrino may be gone sooner than he thinks.

BKb

quercus alba
10-14-2017, 06:00 PM
contrary to popular belief, I don't don't relish seeing Petrino led teams getting beat

quercus alba
10-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Naw, I'm lying.

I love it

Big Muddy
10-14-2017, 07:36 PM
There ya go, Tpost, you got the win, and what a great finish it was.....think I'll have another amaretto sour. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Horrible officiating. Glad we pulled it out. For some reason, we overpursued on every third down in the game and they owned us on screens. That is exactly what Iowa State did to us.
I still think our defense should have been coached up for those obvious weaknesses. Mike Stoops has to go.

OTOH, the players on both teams left it all on the field. A good one to watch. I think i got my cardio in just sitting in my chair yelling ‘They’re holding you blind m——————-s!’

BKb

Chicken Dinner
10-15-2017, 07:10 AM
and you called me Corso

I'm devastated

For the record, Barry called you Corso and I just agreed with him. Onto Notre Dame in two weeks.

Nice win for the Mountaineers yesterday. Hopefully, they're back on track now. Anybody else notice that Mike Leach is still a whiny little prick?

DeputyDog
10-15-2017, 07:41 AM
I'm amazed at what a simple head coaching change has made at Purdue.

Jeff Brohm was brought in after years of horrendous coaching and recruiting by both Danny Hope and especially Darrell Hazell who has to be the worst recruiter in Big 10 history.
Brohm has changed the attitude and things actually look positive for Purdue football for the first time since Joe Tiller left.

They played Louisville close at the start of the season, and were leading Michigan at halftime. Yesterday after an slow start against Wisconsin where they allowed 14 points in the first ten minutes then held them to a field goal for the rest of the game they played them tough.

Hopefully he can recruit as good as he coaches.

quercus alba
10-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Brohm is as good as gone unless

a) he's a hometown boy and Purdue is his dream job or
b) they throw a tremendous amount of money at him

his name is already drawing a lot of attention around the country by desperate teams with lots of cash floating around