Iowa st 41
TTech 38

Iowa 21
NWestern 17

Auburn 69
Arkansas -7

Chicken Dinner
10-16-2017, 09:06 AM
I can't argue with anything there other than I'm not sure Arkansas will only be negative seven.:D

If I was going to nitpick, I'd say be careful with Penn State. They haven't play anybody yet this year. Their season literally starts this Saturday. FSU and Louisville is a tough call. Two good teams that have been very disappointing so far. I'll also be watching Notre Dame/USC very closely as State has the Golden Domers in South Bend in two weeks. I still think State is a 2-3 loss team. It's be nice of that second loss was ND or Clemson and not any one else left on the schedule. Who knows? Maybe South Carolina was our oops this year.

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Some tough matchups this week. The Semenholes likely won’t have much chance against that carpetbagging a-hole from L-ville though. That’d be my only disagreement with your picks.

BKB

quercus alba
10-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Boston college scored 45 on Petrinos boys. Fla st has a much better defense plus its in Tallahassee.

I picked penn st because they're home and Michigan can't score. If it had been in Ann Arbor, I'd have went the other way. In a toss up game it's hard to go against the home team. However it's possible I miss them all.

Except the Hawg game. I might have picked it too close

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm really looking forward to that Penn State/Michigan game tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-21-2017, 10:49 AM
I’m looking forward to OSU-Texas. It ought to be another clue as to who’s for real in the big 12 and who ain’t.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2017, 11:39 AM
That's in my early game list if I can get my chores done.

BarryBobPosthole
10-21-2017, 12:46 PM
And the Big 12 refs are at it again already!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2017, 03:54 PM
I sure didn't see 13-10 coming in that one...

BarryBobPosthole
10-21-2017, 04:32 PM
I’m not sure anything got settled. It sure is setting up for Bedlam to be YUGE if they both win out. And if they both win out they should meet again for a Bedlam Big 12 Championship.
I’m rooting for that sine we’re both in what is basically a Texas based conference.

BKB

quercus alba
10-21-2017, 06:57 PM
the Bama machine just keeps on rolling.

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2017, 08:02 PM
I’m not sure anything got settled. It sure is setting up for Bedlam to be YUGE if they both win out. And if they both win out they should meet again for a Bedlam Big 12 Championship.
I’m rooting for that sine we’re both in what is basically a Texas based conference.

BKB

Fuque Tejas!

BarryBobPosthole
10-21-2017, 08:11 PM
Man, that Mayfield is a cool customer.

Fun to watch, but hard on an old man.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-21-2017, 09:37 PM
I heard three different annoucers in three different games say that a quarterback in their game was the best in college football. And one claim to the best overall player.

Think they exaggerate much?

BKB

Big Muddy
10-21-2017, 09:39 PM
the Bama machine just keeps on rolling.

Yep, but gotta brag a little on my MS State boys, too.....laid waste to the KY jelly boys 45-7, today.....we're 5-2, and our only losses are so-called good ones.....#3 Georgia and, at that time, #11 Auburn.....so, we're pretty happy, so far.....gotta thank Petrino for releasing his def. coord., Todd Grantham, and MS State hiring him.....he's turned our defensive performance completely around.

quercus alba
10-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Arkansas is a really bad team in every facet of the game. We've got some talent on the team but our coaching staff either cannot or is not utilizing them very well. I really want Coach B to succeed because he's a nice guy with integrity but it looks like he's over his head without Alvarez to bail him out

Aside from our weakness at offense, defense, special teams, strength and conditioning, nutritionist and game planning, we're very average

quercus alba
10-21-2017, 10:26 PM
I guess Notre Dame is putting to rest all the talk that USC still has a shot at the playoffs

Chicken Dinner
10-23-2017, 08:10 AM
I guess Notre Dame is putting to rest all the talk that USC still has a shot at the playoffs

And, Penn State is better than I thought. It should be interesting to see if they can keep it up for the rest of their schedule that looks pretty tough. I'll be anxiously awaiting your NC State/Notre Dame pick this week.

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2017, 08:46 AM
What I think will be interesting is if Notre Dame gets a pass on the effect of not having a conference championship or not.

I’m standing ready to feel persecuted.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-23-2017, 08:51 AM
Feeling a little burned about last year's BCS, Barry? Didn't the Big 12 "fix" that for this year?

I take back what I just said about PSU's schedule. Overall, it's a complete cup cake. Other than Michigan, tOSU and maybe Michigan State, they will have played nobody this year.

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2017, 09:12 AM
No, we didn’t deserve to go to the CFP last year. But neither did Ohio State as they were not a conference champion and in fact didn’t even participate in the conference championship. Penn State didn’t deserve it either with two losses, so they should have selected the next suitable one loss conference champion. As there were no other one loss teams, the next team up should have been Washington or Oklahoma. I’d have picked Washington if I had been on the committee because of their champioship game win. But both had a better case than Ohio State who didn’t even play in theirs.

BkB

Big Muddy
10-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Tpost, I heard your "buddy", Mark Stoops, had a meltdown in the locker room, after KY's loss to my State boys. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2017, 09:38 AM
All three of those brothers are pretty emotional. I can only imagine what went on in their back yard back in the day. I’ll bet there were pop knots involved.

BKB