PDA

View Full Version : How many uses are there.....

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2017, 01:35 PM
......for an empty five gallon bucket.

They are the duct tape of containers.

Here’s a few to start.

BKB

1. Carrying shit to and from the duck blind. Dekes, thermoses, dead ducks, whiskey, shells, extra clothes, you name it. And where we hunted, the place was crossfenced with electric fence that was about nutsack high. So when to go to step over it, you can push the wire down with the bucket of crap you’re toting.

2. Makes a handy seat for fishing or hunting. I’ve spent some quality time sitting on a plastic bucket. You can just feel your character growing while you’re doing it.

3. They make great kid distractors. When you take a kid fishing, a bluegill in a bucket of water is about as much fun as anything you can have. A gallon jar is better but buckets don’t break.

johnboy
10-19-2017, 02:04 PM
An absolutely critical component of any ice fishing rig. Tote your gear in it, sit on it, prop your rod on it and carry the fish home in it. Gotta have at least one!

LJ3
10-19-2017, 03:38 PM
I saw a guy duct tape 3" pvc pieces around the outside and use it as a fishing pole holder in a canoe. Throw extra baits and crap in the middle. I've thought about doing something similar but I KNOW that I will forget about it and go right under low hanging branches and watch my loomis rod snap, or something similar.

Thumper
10-19-2017, 04:15 PM
When you slip one over the head of a fugly wimmins, it improves their looks and will sometimes make them boinkable. ;)

Arty
10-19-2017, 05:45 PM
I throw tools In it when I’m working on something. Walk over to whatever I’m workkng and dump the tools on the ground. Then flip it over and sit on it. Worked great last time I did that.
You can also toss a couple beers in the bucket if there’s room.

LJ3
10-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Let's not forget the shitter!

quercus alba
10-20-2017, 10:31 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBhsySvR_Mc

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Its number one when you gotta number two!

Marketing genius.

But that’s a one gallon bucket not a five gallon one. That’s a topic for another post.

Besides, remember we have Thumper in our midst. He’d blow the bottom right out of a paint can.

BKb

LJ3
10-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Speaking of Jimmy and guitars.

Big Muddy
10-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Turn a 5 gal. bucket upside down on an outside water faucet, so that the bucket is resting on the ground, and the faucet won't freeze.....this prolly won't work for you yanks, canukians, or eskimos. ;)

Thumper
10-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Well, according to these posts, a 5-gal. bucket can be used as a stool. So P-hole and Tic, grab your buckets, then fall in .... front and center!

Captain
10-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Recently use one to pickup and a half a truck load of Walnuts.
Feed cows
Carry minerals it to mineral feeders
Carry off doves after you clean them
Fish.....

airbud7
10-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Life would suck without a 5 gallon bucket!...best invention since the wheel...

Big Muddy
10-21-2017, 09:04 AM
Hey, Cap, maybe you could use a bucket to pick up and send me some more of those big azz acorns you found.....day'um things were big as golf balls !!! ;)

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2017, 10:00 AM
In not sure why anyone needs to dirty a bucket just to poop outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
10-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Ha, because some folks are so well-endowed that their junk drags the ground, when they squat.....just ask Thump.....I'll bet he says that when his hits the ground, it starts scavenging for nuts and berries. ;)

Captain
10-21-2017, 12:46 PM
I could use a bucket to carry all the dollars Posthole owes me from fishing bets but he won’t pay up.