Just joshing with the upset. Actual pick

ND. 35
NC st. 26

Real upset special

Iowa st. 31
TCU. 30

Chicken Dinner
10-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Ha! Here I was going to offer to buy you a beer if we ever meet up...

In all honesty, I don't think I'd bet on the Wolfpack either. We're having a good run, but have a couple of weaknesses that will end up costing us at some point. Despite how good and experienced the defense is, we give up way too many points. Second, we don't have a dependable FG kicker. I'd take 1-1 over the next two weeks and would rather beat Clemson if I had the choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
10-23-2017, 12:39 PM
I kind of live by the philosophy of go with the home team in a close matchup and you'll win more than you lose.

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2017, 01:04 PM
They have a strong schedule. If they survive this murderers row they deserve a seat at the table.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-24-2017, 07:26 PM
I read a good analysis today in the NC State/Notre Dame match up. State has the #6 run defense and ND has the #6 run offense. This could be interesting.

quercus alba
10-25-2017, 07:12 AM
I have a bit of a conundrum, first off I hate Ohio st with every fiber of my being. On the other hand I absolutely loathe James Franklin of Penn st.

Is it possible for both of them to blow each other out? Or maybe Ohio st wins 3-0 in a sloppy game in which James Franklin gets trampled by a herd pf 350 lb offensive linemen?

Or maybe I could just fantasize about both of them being in the SEC west and having to face Nick Saban every year

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Why the Franklin hate? He’s a great recruiter who has had success every where he’s been. Out of all the teams in the BCS hunt right now, I’d most like to see PSU do well. It’s probably the redemption story combined with the fact that I’ve got a couple neighbors that went to Penn State and that’s a really great fan base.

If Bama and tOSU never won another game, I’d be perfectly fine.

Penguin
10-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Hehe I saw that NC State pick and thought "Wow, that man has some cajones!" .... but then you backed off.... only to come in with an even bigger upset with the Clones taking down the Frogs. That's a big one and I hope you are right buddy. :)

Unfortunately I think you are right about the 'eers going down to the cowpokes. Alas my Mounties just don't have a lot of players on defense this year. Gibson is really coaching his backside off but he just has a bunch of guys with a talent for being in the wrong place.

quercus alba
10-25-2017, 09:39 AM
James Franklin had a couple of players at Vandy beat up and raped a girl a few years ago and ended up in prison about it later on. They said franklin knew about it and pulled an art briles. Then suddenly it went quiet, not a word. I kept up with the story and believe the players were telling the truth. Now franklin is strutting around talking smack like he's the queen of England and he's never won anything.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Fair enough. I do remember about the Vandy thing now. It true, not cool at all. I’d be surprised if Penn State would take that kind of risk after the Sandusky/Paterno deal. But, who knows?

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2017, 09:11 AM
This is Baker Mayfield’s last shot at Tech. I have a feeling he’s gonna torch them.

BKB

quercus alba
10-27-2017, 10:09 AM
I'm a big mayfield fan, I do like kingsbury too. I'd rather see the Sooners win since they thumped Ohio state

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2017, 10:39 AM
I have nothing against Kingsbury, even though I think he mishandled Mayfield’s situation at Tech and then tried to screw him out of a year of eligibility. But its not a crime to be an asshole. What Tech did to Mike Leach though is a crime. And it took the Texas legislature to shield Tech from getting the crap sued out of them.

That and the number of teams that get jobbed by refs when they play in Lubbock are the two main reasons I hate their ass.

BKb

quercus alba
10-27-2017, 11:50 AM
I have nothing against Kingsbury, even though I think he mishandled Mayfield’s situation at Tech and then tried to screw him out of a year of eligibility. But it's not a crime to be an asshole. What Tech did to Mike Leach though is a crime. And it took the Texas legislature to shield Tech from getting the crap sued out of them.

That and the number of teams that get jobbed by refs when they play in Lubbock are the two main reasons I hate their ass.

BKb

If it was Petrino would be doing 20 to life

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2017, 10:20 PM
You are truly on an amazing run, QA.

I like your PSU-OSU pick. I’m about halfway paying attention to the Friday night game but its hard to miss how much love Ohio State is getting right now. If I were Penn State I’d be po’d. Or maybe happy. Underdog can be good.
The Big Ten is again very weird this year.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2017, 07:51 AM
Okay, here’s my “games of the week” three team parlay.

WVU +7.5 v. OSU
NC State +7.5 v. Notre Dame
tOSU -7 v. Penn State (God, help me!)

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Good luck against aTm Muddy! Hope they had their rice bran today!

With a side of Seafoam.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Whoa. Wake up on the Lying Petrinos. 14-3

BKb

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2017, 07:14 PM
0 for 3. I guess I’ll keep my day job.

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Dang. Iowa State is for reals.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Nice call on the upset special.

quercus alba
10-28-2017, 09:38 PM
I come real close to picking Wake over The lying Petrinos too. Don't know if that would have been classified as an upset, Wakes been kinda under rated

Big Muddy
10-29-2017, 10:45 AM
Good luck against aTm Muddy! Hope they had their rice bran today!

With a side of Seafoam.

BKB

Thank you, sir.....I already posted this on your bedlam thread, but it bears repeating.....pretty sure it was the mustard greens and cornbread.....saving the seafoam and rice bran for Bama. ;)

HAIL STATE !!!!!.....35-14 over the faggies !!!!!

GO TO H3LL OLE PIZZ!!!!!.....YOU BUNCHA PRICKS GOTTA PLAY THE FULL 60 MINUTES !!!!!.....HOGS WIN 38-37 !!!!!