The Cuse. 30
Fla st. 28

Army. 28
Air Force. 24

Notre Dame. 41
Wake. 27

Arkansas. 5
Coastal Car. 4

Everyone of these games has the potential to go the other way with the exception of Bama. Probably the toughest week to pick thus far this season.

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2017, 10:52 AM
Lots of trap games!

LSU oughta scare the britches off of Bama fans.

Your WVA/Iowa State pick is intriguing. That oughta be a good one.

I stand in awe of your record this season!

BKB

quercus alba
10-30-2017, 11:06 AM
Separating the men from boys this weekend

Including the game pickers

Bama will put 8 in the box to shut down Guice and make Etling throw the ball to beat them and that ain't happening

Big Muddy
10-30-2017, 11:38 AM
LSU oughta scare the britches off of Bama fans.

BKB

Game is at Tuscky town, so LSU might oughta bring their sugar cane machetes. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2017, 11:39 AM
I would say that would be a winning game plan against Bama too. I ain’t convinced Jalen hurts is much punk under pressure.

BKB

quercus alba
10-30-2017, 11:43 AM
The scary part is bama's back up QB is as good a runner as Hurts and twice the passer.

Chicken Dinner
10-30-2017, 11:51 AM
You are on a roll, QA. I've hung up my prognosticating hat and just going to root for the teams I like (and against the ones I don't!) from here on out. Go, Wolfpack, Mountaineers and Hokies!

Anybody else think Penn State got jobbed by dropping to 7th after a one point loss to OSU. I guess it really does pay to lose early if you're going to do it.

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2017, 12:05 PM
Yeah but......Speaking of a cupcake schedule. Look at who they’ve played and for my special interest in the Heisman, look at who Saquon Barkley has run up over 100 yards rushing against. And 44 yards rushing/23receiving in a signature game isn’t exactly putting the team on your back.

Penn State is like the rest of the Big 10, OVERRATED.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Okay boys. We gots work to do. We gotta get victories for NC State, LSWho?, and the Sooners.

And oh yeah, victories over those powerhouses of UMASS and Coastal Carolina.

WTF is a chanticlear anyways?

BKb

Big Muddy
11-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Wow, just now saw the updated CFP rankings, and Bama ain't ranked #1, anymore......Georgia sits on top of the heap, now, and I'm gonna jump on their bandwagon..... it's time for Bama to loosen their grip on the SEC. ;)

It's gonna be quite interesting when/if Bama and Georgia play for the SEC championship, then could eventually play for the nat'l championship.....if so, the Domers will go ballistic, if they're still at #3. ;)

quercus alba
11-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Chanticleer I think

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2017, 02:34 PM

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Come on Iowa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
11-04-2017, 06:18 PM
arkansas losing to a glass lighting fixture 28-17

quercus alba
11-04-2017, 07:38 PM
I wonder which two big ten teams will be in the playoffs now

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Wisconsin? Or, no Big 10 Teams.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Its Bedlam.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Bama lost a ton of guys to injuries, last night, against the bayou bungholes.....however, until some team really steps up and gives them some real trouble, they're prolly gonna remain at least #2.....my MS State boys play Bama in Starkvegas, this weekend, but I just hope we don't have too many injuries from it.

Chicken Dinner
11-06-2017, 06:22 AM
Pretty strong week again, QA!

quercus alba
11-06-2017, 08:00 AM
thanks, kinda surprised my own self. Some days you're the statue some days you're the pigeon

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2017, 10:33 AM
You’re doing better than anybody I know that gets paid to talk about it. Of course, the real handicapper guys are amazing at how they do it, especially college basketball. I dunno how they do it but they are good at it.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2017, 10:42 AM
November is fun for college football ain’t it?
BKb

http://espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/130665/auburn-is-the-only-thing-standing-between-the-sec-and-getting-two-teams-in-the-playoff
http://es.pn/2hLdD5L

Chicken Dinner
11-06-2017, 11:09 AM
I’m sorry, but if you play for your conference championship and lost, you don’t belong in a 4 team tournament. I’m going to be pissed if that scenario plays out and both Bama and Georgia got in. We need to see the best teams from different conferences duke it out. The question of the SEC’s best would have been asked and answered.

Big Muddy
11-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Heck yeah, Chick.....it would be a great game on ESPN, between the possible Mountain West champ, Fresno State, and Clemson or Oklahoma.....not!!!.....it ain't a perfect system by any stretch of the imagination, but strength of schedule has got to be utilized in determining the final CFP teams, not conf. champions.

Maybe my MS State boys will vault into the #2 slot, after pounding Bama senseless, this weekend.....ha, I doubt either will actually happen. ;)

Chicken Dinner
11-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Don’t be obtuse. Nobody’s talking about the Mountain West. But, in that scenario one of the other “Power 5” champions should get in.

quercus alba
11-06-2017, 01:01 PM
why we need eight teams....earn it on the field

Big Muddy
11-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Ha, Chick, you musta been watching Shawshank Redemption, lately, to come up with such an obtuse word, as "obtuse"......just kiddin' with you.....I intended to be obtuse with my Mountain West statement.....the whole day'um CFP is obtuse !!! ;)

Case in point.....I am still absolutely amazed at how Wisconsin is even mentioned in the top 25, let alone at #6 in the CFP.....it's gotta be an inside job.....they have not played a single ranked opponent, this year.....maybe we'll see what they've really got, when they play #25 Iowa, this weekend, followed by #21 Michigan.....their only two quality wins are over Fla. Atlantic at 6-3 and Northwestern at 6-3.....all their other wins are over 2-7, 3-6, and 4-5 teams.....that smells like dog sheeit pie, any way you slice it !!!.....even if they do go undefeated, they'll only deserve a seat at the kid's table. ;)

Chicken Dinner
11-06-2017, 03:50 PM
I can definitely agree that the entire thing is obtuse.

How’s this for a scenario? The Committee and ESPN are butt boys for Notre Dame which is a GDI. So, if they win out (Notre Dame plays Miami this weekend.). It could be Bama, Georgia, ND and one school (prolly Clempson) from the remaining four power conferences. If that happens, you can bet your last dollar it’ll expand to an 8 team playoff next year.

Big Muddy
11-06-2017, 04:16 PM
I hope you're correct about the 8 teams !!!.....sidenote, I would replace Clemson with the Sooners at the #4 spot, however, based on their strength of schedule.....Clemson doesn't face anybody else on their schedule to help their cause other than the 6-3 Gamecocks......Sooners gotta get past TCU and WV, and a win over the 8-1 Horny Frogs would certainly feather the Sooner's nest.

quercus alba
11-06-2017, 04:36 PM

Great Horny Toads!!

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2017, 06:17 PM
As long as the entrants are decided subjectively by a farging committee it is still a mythical national championship I don’t care if they have 64 teams. Like the basketball championship. Its not a trie tournament when the entrants are decided subjectively.
If you want a playoff, then set the criteria ahead of time and make the participants earn their way in by the same rules for everyone. No computers scoring, no committees, no nuttin. And if that results in a Mountain West - SEC final then fine. The way it is now the rules change every week in November.

And it all ain’t any more justly decided than the old system was. Its just decided by a committee so they can spread the blame around when they screw up. Last years picks were an abortion.

BKB

Trav
11-06-2017, 08:17 PM
As far as Wisconsin being in at 6 it probably is a inside job, you know Barry Alvarez is on the committee right but I don’t care I love the Badgers second only to the Sooners. On Wisconsin and Boomer Sooner!!!

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2017, 08:38 PM
tOSU’s AD is also on the committee so its a lead pipe cinch somebody is gonna get hosed regardless how bad it looks.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Just make it a tournament of conference champions like the NCAA basketball tournament when it was 16 teams. No at larges. Hell, the FCS has a true play off. How’s that work?

TBH, I had no issue with the Old
Bowl system with the polls selecting the champion. This was whole argument was very predictable.

BarryBobPosthole
11-07-2017, 05:17 AM
Just make it a tournament of conference champions like the NCAA basketball tournament when it was 16 teams. No at larges. Hell, the FCS has a true play off. How’s that work?

TBH, I had no issue with the Old
Bowl system with the polls selecting the champion. This was whole argument was very predictable.

Yep!