PDA

View Full Version : I NEEEEEEED a high capacity magazine because........

Niner
01-16-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm a bad shot.
:D :D :D

HideHunter
01-16-2013, 12:02 PM
I've never owned an EBR but my experience with high capacity clips (okay, magazines) is the damned things jam about half the time anyway.

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
HH, that is correct.

I hate them banning anything that NINER might want. But I don't want one. I want 10 low-capacity magazines. I hate the jamming big ones.

But as DH says, it's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

Big Skyz
01-16-2013, 12:18 PM
I have 3 30 magazines for my AR-15. I've never used any of them. They were given to me a few years ago and all they do is collect dust. I do use my 20 round magazine almost exclusively while hunting. I keep a 10 round magazine full and in my day pack as back up if I run out of ammo in the 20 round. That's only happened twice in 3 or 4 years. I use those 30 round mags so little I'm not even sure where they are right now. Heck, I like to find them and hawk'em.

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 12:19 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/HitlerChildren_zps91104141.jpg

Niner
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I have always thought the 30+ mags were kindof goofy looking. I have a few 20 rounders for my Mini14 and that size seems about right.
However, if sombody wants to use the 30+ rounders, then by God they have every right to them.

Same deal with the ''high capacity" mags for pistols that are DESIGNED to use them. I don't have one of those pistols, but it seems ludicrous to me for the government to re-engineer them.

It's the proverbial slippery slope. Waiting to see what Obummer has to say here in a little bit.

Arty
01-16-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't need a 30 round clip. But I want one. Cuz I can have one

Now I gotta find one

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Another website had a very interesting discussion. This is one with about 750 members. Someone asked if anyone had ever had any occasion to actually use their CCW, to pull their gun.

I had one just Monday night.

There were dozens of occasions reiterated where folks did the same.

Then someone noticed that in EVERY case mentioned, real ones.........that no violence actually occurred. E.G., the CCW weapons were a sufficient deterrent in and of themselves. Or as one guy put it "Doesn't seem to me that armed citizens cause violence...........just the opposite".

What we have is an epidemic, irrational fear of guns right now. Not one thing the Left is saying makes any sense whatsoever. Yet they do seriously and passionately believe it. Basically, they are DEMANDING safety in their lives.

Total Safety can't happen in a free society. So we have to choose one or the other.

I choose freedom. That lets me have SOME control over my own safety. But if I give up my Freedom and rely on others for my safety, I will inevitably have neither.

HideHunter
01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
What we have is an epidemic, irrational fear of guns right now. Not one thing the Left is saying makes any sense whatsoever. Yet they do seriously and passionately believe it. Basically, they are DEMANDING safety in their lives.

Total Safety can't happen in a free society. So we have to choose one or the other.

I choose freedom. That lets me have SOME control over my own safety. But if I give up my Freedom and rely on others for my safety, I will inevitably have neither.

That's good shit Bucky. Is that yours?

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Uh, yeah, I just said that.

Wanna hear a funny? Whilst idiot was speaking on this subject, I got an email from Cheaper than Dirt advertising "We now have high capacity magazines" and listing dozens of 'em. Email me if you want it forwarded to you.

DeputyDog
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Do any of you who shoot on a regular basis truly believe that lower capacity magazines will decrease the death toll at the next mass shooting? The shooters keep shooting until they are stopped by armed resistence or kill themselves when they hear armed resistence arriving. It doesn't take that long to reload. What difference does it make if I have 1 30 round mag or 3 10 round mags or 4 7 round mags, going old school, a revolver with speed loaders?

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 02:35 PM
I think they would be MORE effective with lower capacity magazines.

Chicken Dinner
01-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Oooh, ooh, me!

Wanna hear a funny? Whilst idiot was speaking on this subject, I got an email from Cheaper than Dirt advertising "We now have high capacity magazines" and listing dozens of 'em. Email me if you want it forwarded to you.

Bwana
01-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Pick me too as I would like to get an extra magazine for my pistol.

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Sorry, just saw this. Emails forwarded just now.

HideHunter
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM

Well I *know* you just said it. :rolleyes: No brighter than I am I could figure that one out. My question was, did you write it (obviously you did)or was it a quote from "another website"? It was a compliment wrapped in a question. I'd like to add to my list of quotes and wanted to give the you proper credit.

DeputyDog
01-16-2013, 09:40 PM
If a high capacity magazine causes jams, it's probably a problem with the spring or on AR mags, the followers. If they are kept fully loaded for a long period of time, the spring contracts and won't feed properly a lot of times. That's why we regularly change out the springs on our mags for our Glocks and rifles. It's amazing how much shorter a spring can get after a couple years of being kept full all the time.

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I just meant that *I* and *I* alone said it. No copying. It just came out.

Please just use anything I say that makes sense and don't faint. But don't give me any credit either. I am not used to credit.

HideHunter
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
I just meant that *I* and *I* alone said it. No copying. It just came out.

Please just use anything I say that makes sense and don't faint. But don't give me any credit either. I am not used to credit.

Thank you - done and done. ;)