PDA

View Full Version : Kind'a Mind Blowing!

Big Skyz
11-01-2017, 09:32 AM
My youngest son who is only 14 years old continues to absolutely blow my mind. He decided he wanted to create a charcoal drawing and this is what he came up with. It is completely freehanded as in zero tracing of any kind. How this kid's mind processes things artistically is even beyond my comprehension. Anyway I thought many of you might enjoy this latest drawing. I know I sure do. He is trying to create a portfolio of different portraits so he can start marketing his skills. I told him if he keeps this up he will never know what it's like to work in a fast food restaurant or convenience store.

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=76077&d=1509542876

DeputyDog
11-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Amazing.

BKB

Penguin
11-01-2017, 10:04 AM
It is for a fact DD and BBP. But it's also cool. After all it is Indiana Jones, the coolest action adventure hero of all time. :)

Will

Thumper
11-01-2017, 10:41 AM
Dang! And here I can barely write my name legibly, much less draw anything more than a stickman. :(

Arty
11-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Unbelievable!

Cards01
11-02-2017, 07:43 AM
amazing

HideHunter
11-02-2017, 10:38 AM
^^^ yeah, that^^^ wow...

Big Muddy
11-02-2017, 11:00 AM
Sky, I have no idea what the demand or salary is for very talented sketch artists, but with that kid's fantastic talent, finding a great-paying job should be a snap for him.

Thumper
11-02-2017, 12:00 PM
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the market is for "sketch" artists, but I have to wonder if computer graphics will send artists down the same road as the typewriter? Do you even have to be an artist to create computer graphics? I know most of the cartoon type movies these days are actually computer generated, I just don't know what the correlation is transitioning from "paper" to computer screen. Or if it's even an issue and they're two totally unrelated fields.

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2017, 12:59 PM
I guess that depends if you consider art to be just the drawing part. Even computer generated graphics have to assembled by am artist.
I consider the works of Ray Harryhausen to be art. They were done with stop motion and models. If someone else crafted the model, would what harryhausen did with them be discredited? (Jason and the Argonauts baby!)

I had an Air Force buddy that was an awesome artistic talent. He went to work in Charlotte as a graphc artist for a company there. The last time I talked to him he hadn’t done any original work on his own since he started there. I don’t know if his work scratched his artistic itch or if he just lost or changed his passion. He’s gone now, but I always wondered.

BKB

Thumper
11-02-2017, 02:14 PM
It reminds me, in a way, of an old Orlando "landmark". We had an office supply store downtown that had been in business since 1938 and was the go-to place for most any office supplies known to man. I remember people used to compare the business to an old-school hardware store battling places like Home Depot or Lowes. The big box stores like Office Depot or Staples had the usual high-volume crap, but this place had every product you'd ever need for the older stuff. For example, they used to advertise they stocked ink ribbons for EVERY adding machine or typewriter ever made. They were a major player in typewriter sales. When computers and "word processors" came along, the old man never changed his way of thinking and continued with typewriters and "adding machines". Needless to say, it drove him into bankruptcy about 25-30 years ago. My grandfather had worked there for many, many years and retired after the bankruptcy. If you don't stay up with the times, "progress" will chew you up and spit you out!

Big Skyz
11-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Much of graphic design and illustration is now done on computers. However the computer's don't create the ideas or subjects. An artist still has to create the images, they just use computers instead of pencils, brushes, pens, and paper. I do a little digital art, but I find it really tedious. My son loves it though.