PDA

View Full Version : My Governor is really trying....

Big Muddy
01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
My Governor Bryant was born here in my hometown, and is an avid hunter....like some other governors, he is, at least, trying to counter some of this liberal gun-control bullsheeit.

DeputyDog
01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Good for him. Let's hope he can stand the pressure when threats are made to reduce or eliminate federal funding for projects in the state start coming because of this.

Big Muddy
01-16-2013, 04:54 PM
His mentor is Haley Barbour....yep, he can stand the pressure.

DeputyDog
01-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Hope so. It can be pretty tough once they start with the federal highway funds, medicare reimbursements, etc...

Big Muddy
01-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Betcha a dollar-to-a-krispy kreme donut that we ole 'ssippi folks could survive without either of those programs....wouldn't be easy, but we could do it....h3ll, most of our roads are still gravel and dirt, anyway. ;)

DeputyDog
01-16-2013, 09:38 PM
He's not the first to do it. Back when there was the big push to lower the blood alcohol limit from .10 to .08, states were told that if they didn't comply, they would lose out on a lot of federal highway money. I think it was just last year, Indiana wanted to stop public funding of Planned Parenthood and was told that if they did, they would lose Medicare funding. Texas recently was told the same thing, took it to court and won, so it will probably come up again in other states.