PDA

View Full Version : 39-point buck

airbud7
11-14-2017, 09:02 PM
Missouri hunter bags 39-point buck after four years of trying

A Missouri hunter finally landed his ultimate prize: a 39-point buck dubbed “the St. Paul giant.”

Tim Phillips wrote on Facebook he was “lucky enough to bag” the buck on Saturday, after hunting the animal several years.

“After 4 years of hunting the St. Paul giant I finally was lucky enough to bag him. #Walter 39 pointer counting ring hooks. 32 points counting inch or more. ROUGH SCORE 243!” Phillips said in a Facebook post.

Believe it or not, this isn't even the first time Philliips, or someone he knew, had actually shot this specific buck.

Phillips told KFVS a woman shot the same deer in 2014, and that his dad struck it with a bow just nine days before he took it down. In the latter case, Phillips says he and his father tried tracking the wounded deer with dogs, to no avail.

Not long afterward, though, he was able to bag the buck on his own — for the most part at least: According to KVFS, Phillips also made sure to thank his wife for putting up with his obsession.

Arty
11-14-2017, 09:22 PM
I saw that last week. That’s a brute. He really would have been a nice one next year!

Chicken Dinner
11-14-2017, 10:12 PM
It woulda been a nice deer in another year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
11-14-2017, 10:33 PM
people just don't understand the concept of matching camo

airbud7
11-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

Penguin
11-15-2017, 09:56 AM
It woulda been a nice deer in another year or two.

It is that kind of out of the blue dry humor that makes it worth checking in every morning. :)

Will