PDA

View Full Version : CFB week 12

quercus alba
11-14-2017, 10:16 PM
9-4 for the week 96-46 ytd

lots of gimmes this week, seems like some of the big boys wanted an open date more or less

Upset special
Ole miss 31
A&M 30

Wolfpack 35
Deacons 27

LSU 30
Tenn 17

Zona 41
Oregon 29

Wisco 27 yeah I'm a believer now
Mich 17

Okie st 39
Kan st 26

Penn st 49
Neb 21

G Tech 26
Dook 24

N Dame 35
Navy 24

West V 27
Texas 21

upset ??? (oh how the mighty have fallen)
Florida 24
UAB 17

V Tech 30
Pitt 24

Miss st 73
Arkansas 6

Chicken Dinner
11-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Ha! Go Bulldogs! Wake scares me this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
11-14-2017, 11:02 PM
can't go wrong picking against the piggies, like shooting fish in a barrel

BarryBobPosthole
11-14-2017, 11:45 PM
Its weekends like this that weird stuff happens.

BkB

Wierd even.

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Clemson and Miami both in the top 4? You gotta be shitting me. Each has ONE victory over a good team.

That’ll work itself out in the conference champioship but damn! That hurts. So no losses is trumped by a single signature victory? They just pissed off a lot of pasty white folks in Wisconsin.

BKB

quercus alba
11-15-2017, 10:25 AM
Wisconsin folks ought to be dancing in the streets, we took Beilema off their hands.

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2017, 10:34 AM
You gotta admit though, he has a hot wife.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2017, 11:58 AM
QA my Arkansas alum buddies are telling me it was decided that Beilima is out and the new coach is Mike Norvell from Memphis. To be announced after the last game next week.

BKb

quercus alba
11-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Presser at eleven Jeff Long AD is gone today. Seriously. Major networks are starting to pick up on it. Seems he refused to fire Beilema

I hope your source is good. Norvell will be a great choice, lots of Arkansas ties, has a home in Eureka springs, went to school at Conway. Depends on if the new AD picks him or if the Board of Trustees does it

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Norvell has a lot of positives, but IMO he isn’t he high impact hire that Arkansas needs for recruiting. And I think Norvell has, to a large extent, ridden on the coattails of Justin Fuente at Memphis. And then there is Memphis itself, who has long held a reputation for thuggery among it players.
I had hoped Arkansas would try to find a coach with a proven track record. They’re out there. And if their facilities and program are as badass as they have been bragging them to be then they ought to be able to bag a good coach.

There are going to be many a available. I think i’d prefer they do a searchbefore jumping at the first shiny object.

BKb

quercus alba
11-15-2017, 12:41 PM
I don't see a big jump in recruiting unless we hire Saban or Urban Meyers and that ain't happening. Arkansasis kind of a recruiting wasteland. Belemia actually had the highest recruiting numbers in the last 20 years but can't do anything with them.

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Maybe you should hire Mack Brown. He had the top recruiting class every year in
texas.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
11-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Nothing against Arkansas at all, but why would an established coach want to go there and have to compete against the likes of Alabama every year? Why not pull a Mark Richt and take a job where it's a whole lot easier to be relevant right away? Arkansas needs to focus on finding an up and comer (the right up and comer) whose looking for his shot at the big time.

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2017, 02:20 PM
CD, you mean other than the fact that is what the last three coaches at Arkansas have been?

The SEC is as weak as it has ever been right now. Alabama is ripe for the picking.

I thonk if I was Arkansas I’d go after Lane Kffin. Big name. Big ego. Offensive genius. And would make the Alabama game a real rivalry. I think he could re ruit as good as anyone in the SEc too.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Kiffin has completely failed as a head coach at every stop. He may be an offensive genius, but he completely fails as a leader. (Reminds me of Kyle Shanahan.)

If they’ve picked the wrong guy three times in a row, changing the AD seems like the right move. Letting the Trustees hire a new coach before hiring an AD is idiocy. I’d almost think Jerry Jones was a Trustee.

Big Muddy
11-15-2017, 10:11 PM
You gotta admit though, he has a hot wife.

BKB

Outta all these posts, this is the only one that really caught my eye.....and, h3ll yeah, she is HOT !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2017, 01:41 PM
UVA is looking sporty early against Miami and Michigan looks as overrated as they ever have. They are hapless on offense. Which come to think of it, was Harbaugh’s issue at San Fran too.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-18-2017, 03:50 PM
And, Arkansas is holding its own late!

Chicken Dinner
11-18-2017, 04:33 PM
I must be a jinx.

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Our very own Corso.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-18-2017, 05:12 PM
And, Arkansas is holding its own late!

Correction.....thanks to Bielema's play-calling, the Hogs choked.

quercus alba
11-18-2017, 06:35 PM
I like Beilema, I really wanted for him to be successful because he's a nice guy. He cares about his players. He cares about values, he recruits good kids. However, the SEC west is not a place for nice guys. Lots of talk about him being a figurehead at Wisconsin, Barry Alvarez really being the power behind His success. Supposedly that's why he bolted for Arkansas was to get out from under the shadow of Alvarez. If you're going to make your bones, you don't need it to be against Bama, LSU, Auburn and that ilk.

His eyes were bigger than his belly and that's saying a lot. I wish him success wherever he ends up.

Big Muddy
11-18-2017, 07:54 PM
QA, I'm sure he is a nice guy, and I have nothing against him, personally.....and if he leaves the Hogs, I wish the best for him and his hot wife.

quercus alba
11-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Eddie, you ought to be the biggest Bielema fan on the board.

1) Hot Wife
2) can't beat your boys
3) owns ole Miss

Big Muddy
11-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Well, actually, I was his fan, today, after either he or his OC made some of those play calls that kept us in the ballgame. ;)