PDA

View Full Version : Out my back door.....

Big Muddy
01-16-2013, 05:04 PM
The ice storm finally subsided....no major outages or damage in my area....however, this is the current scene behind my house.

Had only one BIG limb right over the power line that services my farm shop, which was threatening to crack under the weight of the ice....so, I got a redneck idea....five shots of #8 game loads from my Rem. 870 12 gauge solved that problem....cleared the ice right of those limbs. ;)

DeputyDog
01-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Good thinking!

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Had all the MS ice I care to see for a while, thankyouverymuch.

Bwana
01-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Looks like it did around here the opening weekend of deer season. It is amazing how much ice can accumulate on tree branches and power lines in a storm like that. Sure can wreak havoc with things.

jb
01-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Keep that crap down there, I'll take snow anyday!

Buckrub
01-17-2013, 11:11 AM
As would we all.

I never wanna go through another trip like that one from Georgia Mon/Tue. That was the worst trip of my life, no lie. Dead stop traffic, cars in ditches everywhere, re-routing through Ghetto, having to pull my weapon, trying to find a hotel with ladders, etc., in the back of truck, worn out, arm hurting.........all because of ice.

It's the middle of January already. Last year it was 75 by this time, and the crappie were going crazy (while I was in a sling). Time for winter to be over. Let's go, Spring. Kick in already@!

Thumper
01-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Been setting record highs down here and we haven't even had a winter this year. My a/c is running right now ... as it has been the whole month of January. Ya' think maybe Al Gore was right?