PDA

View Full Version : Weird stuff, this morning hunt.....

Big Muddy
11-17-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm still trying to reduce the predators on my place.....got on my predator stand a little late this morning at 6:45.....barely had time to sit down, and hadn't even made my first varmint call, and a mangy-looking bobcat ran across in front at 75 yards....I made a quick call to stop him, and I dropped in his tracks, but he laid there, doing the watusi break-dance for about 30 seconds.....then, I saw movement to the right of him at the edge of the woods, where he had just come from.....3 does and 2 fawns came running outta the woods, following his exact path, almost like they had been chasing him.....the big bell-cow doe of the bunch, ran across the opening alone, headed straight for the bobcat, who I thought was stone-cold dead by now.....she got about 20 ft. from him, and he raised his head, and barely started dragging himself with his front legs into the woodline.....she followed him for about 10 yds., but then lost interest in him.....I guess she realized he was mortally wounded, and no longer posed a threat.....she meandered back to her little clan, who had stayed in the rear just watching, and I thought that was the end of the weird event.....it was as if they had been chasing the bobcat, rather than the opposite.
Then, the bell-cow doe lead the whole clan over to where the bobcat had lay bleeding, and each one took their turn, smelling the blood pile.....it was as if she was saying to them, "Ya'll smell this stuff, this mofo is dead !!!".....they all retreated to a nearby foodplot, and started chowing down.....weirdest thing I've seen in the woods, in a long time, but a great morning to be in the woods. !!!!!

DeputyDog
11-17-2017, 11:15 AM
Cool story. There isn’t many bad days in the woods though, is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
11-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Very interesting experience for sure.

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Cool story. There isn’t many bad days in the woods though, is there?

The grammar police say you should use the plural of verb.

As in “There ain’t many bad days in the woods, are there?”

My PSA for the day.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-17-2017, 02:04 PM
Did I have proper comma usage at least?

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Did I have proper comma usage at least?

indubitably.

BkB

Big Muddy
11-17-2017, 02:51 PM
Bwahaha, it NEVER ceases to amaze me how 99.99% of our posts get high-jacked around this place ;).....I bet if somebody even made a post about the Pope getting laid, it would get high-jacked in less than 5 posts about the best way to smoke a pork butt.....gotta love this place !!! ;););)

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2017, 03:23 PM
I was just filling in for Thumper in his absence.

BKB

LJ3
11-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Speaking of pink pant wearing, thai tranny fuckers...

Or were we?

Big Muddy
11-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Yep, ole Thump is the best at it. ;)

Big Muddy
11-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Speaking of smoking meat, who's smoking what for TG day???.....think I'm gonna deep fry a turkey and already got a Harrington ham delivered, yesterday, from Vermont.....best ham I've ever ate.....and, they look just like the picture from their website, no bone and nearly no fatty waste.....they'll refund your money, if you aren't completely satisfied.

https://www.harringtonham.com

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2017, 06:31 PM
I don’t smoke it, but I’m roasting my turkey on my Big Green Egg. This will make the 4th year to do it that way and it really does a good job. And it keeps the oven open for my wife’s awesome pies.

I’m going to buy a fresh turkey this year vs a frozen one. The experiment continues!

BKB

Captain
11-17-2017, 08:09 PM
That’s a neat story Mudward! It’s amazing what you can see in the woods.

Arty
11-17-2017, 08:53 PM
That’s a very cool story!

Arty
11-17-2017, 08:53 PM
That’s a very cool story!

Sorry to bring things back on subject

LJ3
11-17-2017, 10:56 PM
Back to smoking... I've become locally famous for my smoked turkey breast game. I take hot breakfast sausage and spread it out under the skin. Slap yo momma good. I can you can make a really tasty gravy with some of the smoky drippings.

Arty
11-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Back to smoking... I've become locally famous for my smoked turkey breast game. I take hot breakfast sausage and spread it out under the skin. Slap yo momma good. I can you can make a really tasty gravy with some of the smoky drippings.

Speaking of smoking, Toucan Sam you can make Smokey drippings.