PDA

View Full Version : Its Official

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2017, 07:19 PM
I hate ESPN.

BKb

quercus alba
11-18-2017, 07:39 PM
we all do for different reasons. What's yours?

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2017, 07:55 PM
They’re a bunch of pussies, that’s why.

BKB

quercus alba
11-18-2017, 08:00 PM
Liberal. You left out liberal.

BarryBobPosthole
11-19-2017, 09:50 AM
I posted this after the espn announcers doing the Kansas OU game went on and on for an entire quarter about how ‘classless’ Mayfield was for grabbing his crotch and yelling ‘Fuck you’ to the Kansas bench. They spent very little time about how classless Kansas acted and played the entire game.
They also seemed to take great exception to him telling heckling Kansas fans to ‘stick to baskerball’ which i thought was a great comeback.

Look, I don’t condone what the kid did. But I understand it. The blindside hit way after the whistle that he took was intended to take him out of the game. And ESPN can suck it.

BKB

http://www.12up.com/posts/5818837-video-baker-mayfield-gets-leveled-with-cheap-shot-by-kansas-player

Arty
11-19-2017, 10:07 AM
ESPN said that NFL owners and coaches will take note of his actions....

I doubt that.

BarryBobPosthole
11-19-2017, 10:19 AM
The kid is a competitor with a fast motor. Two things I think owners and gms look for. This was much ado about nothing much. But it sure got my motor running. I want to hear from the Big 12 regarding the late hit to the head that didn’t get called. Almost every weekend you see questionable ejections of players for targeting. Then how do they miss an agregious hit to the head way after the whistle.

Kansas was also going for our linemen’s knees the whole game. They got the beatdown they deserved.

BKb

Big Muddy
11-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Kansas set the tone of the game, by refusing to shake hands, during the coin toss.....even the two small kids at the coin toss had been instructed not to shake hands.....that really sucked.
On the flip-side, I know he's a high-energy player, but what he did was vulgar and immature.....I almost cringed, when I saw him do it.
I, also, heard Mayfield's apology, which appeared to be really heart-felt.....I just hope the Heisman committee will vote for his playing performance, this year, and not put too much stock into his sideline antics.

BarryBobPosthole
11-19-2017, 11:11 AM
^^agree 100%

Hombre
11-19-2017, 10:05 PM
I'm not much of a Sooners fan but I'm sure a Mayfield fan. The kid plays with passion, heart, and just wants to win. I'm not appalled by his behavior one bit, I see the serious will to win and passion he plays the game with. Will he be in trouble from time to time sure, but if he ever looses this he'll be 1/2 the player he is today.

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2017, 06:54 PM
I’m a Mayfield fan too but that was way over the line. I still think that the ESPN announcers were way over the line too, especially since they hardly mentioned how unsportsmanlike the provocations were on the KU side.

But I think Lincoln Riley made a good decision here. He is a teacher first, and there is an important lesson here. My hat’s off to Lincoln Riley on this one.

The haters will be haters no matter what though. And this kid is NOTHING like Johnny Manziel. who knows if Nayfield will be successful at the next level. If he isn’t, it won’t be for the same reasons that Manziel wasn’t is all I know.
BkB

http://newsok.com/article/5572921