PDA

View Full Version : On another note!

BarryBobPosthole
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
My daughter just landed a job at Dick's Sporting Goods in Tulsa. 25% employee discount! That'll make my mad money go further!

BKB

LJ3
01-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Nice!!! They carry ALMOST everything I fish with to date.

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Great job.

But I can't afford to shop there.

Plus, they pulled every rifle/gun off their shelves here after Newtown. They didn't stop selling them, just 'hid' them in the back. That turned me way off.

And they don't carry P-Line CX Premium here (I had to order it online from them)........which ticked me off.

Other than that, and if you love North Face stuff, they're great! Course, a job is a job is a job...........

LJ3
01-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Mine has all the yuppie stuff up front like the rest of them these days but it has a decent fishing and hunting section. Sometimes I just need to see and touch the stuff.

BarryBobPosthole
01-16-2013, 08:41 PM
As long as they carry Falcon rods, Shimano reels, and Rapala, Yamamoto, and Kinami lures, I would care if they never sold a bullet, it wouldn't matter to me.
BKB

Buckrub
01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Commie Pinko Liberal Leftist.

HideHunter
01-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Be careful. Sometimes the "employee discounts" are for the employees only. I have a media discount card with BPS and it's quite clear it's for my use only. I guess I could buy "gifts". ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah, its for employees only. But most retail places will let you bring in a family member and buy stuff for them.
BKB

Trav
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
I have a buddy who's daughter works at BPS, she gets a 10% on general merchandise and 40% off Basspro branded (Redhead, Johny Morris, White River ect) merchandise. I had her buy me a Redhead gun safe and I saved almost $500. Can't beat a deal like that, actually I need another safe. I was thinking about selling mine and going bigger but I think 2 medium safes might be more practical.

Niner
01-17-2013, 12:12 PM
We have a Dick's in our little burg, but I rarely go in there. I think I've been in that store about three times since they opened. We DID get some good news the other day! I saw in the paper that Academy Sports is going to build a store here.

BarryBobPosthole
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
I like the Academy here better than I like the BPS. Mainly because of the prices. I was hoping we'd get an academy here in Owasso, but rumor has it we're getting a Dicks. (that opens up a whole line of jokes for Trav).

I've never set foot in a Dick's store. I understand they have a fishing section though and that's all I want. Our local Wally World fishing department sucks big green donkey Dick's.

BKB

Booger
01-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Why do lebians shop at Academy?................Cause they don't do Dick's.

Buckrub
01-17-2013, 12:39 PM
That, and the prices are better at Academy than anywhere else on Earth.

Trav
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I have been in the Dick's @ 71st street Barry and I wasn't over impressed with the fishing department. I would say both of the Academy stores are way better but at this point I would welcome any sporting goods store we can get here in Owasso.

HideHunter
01-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Why do lebians shop at Academy?................Cause they don't do Dick's.

:D

BaseballCoach
01-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Not much to choose from in our little town. Cabelas is 2 hours away in Charleston, WV. Nice new store, just wish I could afford their stuff. Building a BPS and a Cabelas on the VA-TN line. Maybe the competition will keep the prices down a little.

Chicken Dinner
01-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Living where I do, Dick's is pretty much the only game in town. The other option is Sports Authority and they're pathetic. The closest Bass Pro Shops is almost an hour away with no traffic. (Ha!) I get some pretty good discounts on a lot of outdoor gear through work, but the hunting and fishing stuff is pretty limited.

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2013, 09:56 AM
If you have a tax number, Maurice''s (http://www.maurice.net/) is one of the best places to buy stuff for hunting and fishing that there is. Typically it's about 30% off retail. And they provide good service. One of the guys at work has a business and about four of us place a big order every summer for stuff. You might have a look at their stuff, if you have a tax number. They don't sell to the general public I don't think.
BKB

LJ3
01-18-2013, 12:33 PM
So, I have my bidness as a wholly owned subsidiary. Wonder if I can shop there?

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2013, 12:39 PM
I imagine you can as long as you have a tax exemption number. My friend has a drilling mud business and he signed up for an account no questions asked.
BKB