PDA

View Full Version : He's returning to his Tebow roots....

Big Muddy
11-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Dan Mullen has closed the deal to take the HC job at the Florida Gators.....he served MS State with integrity and honesty.....I knew it was coming, and wish him and his family the very best !!!

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 08:34 AM
Maybe we can mortgage the entire MS State campus, and hire Saban.....ole piss hired Matt Luke as HC, yesterday.....so, next year,"St. Luke" would be taking on "Da Debbil". ;)

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2017, 10:05 AM
The SEC has quite the coaches ng carousel going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2017, 10:34 AM
I don’t know if I’d consider Florida a step up. Nine coaches in the last 17 years! Not exactly nirvana for football coaches.

They are a lifetime member of the ‘Flavor of the Month’ club. Its been ten years sine the glory days of Spurrier and Meyers.

BkB

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 11:11 AM
^^^^^Agreed^^^^^.....more of a lateral move, at best.....a step down, at the worse.

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Any idea who the Dawgs are looking at?
BKB

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Nothing, nada, crickets.....our AD John Cohen is a baseball guy, NOT football.....he's a good baseball coach, but I've never really had much confidence in him, as our AD.....wouldn't surprise me, if he didn't try to hire Will Clark for football HC. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2017, 11:40 AM
Will the Thrill! He was always one of my favorite baseball players. I didn’t know he was a MSU alum.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 12:05 PM
OMG, YES!!!!!.....both he and Raphie Palmero are alumni icons at MS State.....they were called "Thunder and Lightning" for their batting prowess.

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2017, 12:30 PM
I hate to see a guy like Mullen leave for an in-conference rival. Effed up is what it is.

Does Texas A&M really think Jimbo Fisher will leave FSU for them? The dude was an injured QB in the first game of the season from being in the FBS hunt where he is. Effed up is what it would be.

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2017, 01:01 PM
I saw something about UAB’s HC or Tampa Bay’s OC. I don’t know anything at all about either one of them.

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 01:33 PM
An even better question is, will Malzahn leave Auburn for his old Arkansas stomping-grounds.....I say, who knows what lurks in the backs of these coach's minds......especially, when it's their wives stomping-grounds, too. ;)

Speaking of which, a disgruntled Bama fan dug this crap up outta their closet, and posted it.....maybe this was back when everyone spiked their eggnog really strong. ;)

https://deadspin.com/5868492/heres-the-bizarre-kristi-malzahn-interview-somebodys-trying-to-sweep-off-the-internet

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2017, 01:37 PM
I think Malzahn is just angling for a raise and a couple of extra years on his Auburn deal with that Razorback talk. There's just no way somebody leaves Auburn for Arkansas. I don't care how nice the facilities are.

I just heard Mike Leach to Mississippi State.:stirthepot

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Just got this list at noon for MS State HC position.....not in any particular order.

Mike Sumlin, TAM HC
Bill Clark, UAB head coach
Jeremy Pruitt, Alabama defensive coordinator
Brett Venables, Clemson defensive coordinator
Neal Brown, Troy head coach
Larry Fedora, North Carolina HC
Todd Monken, Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator
Ryan Day, Ohio State co-offensive coordinator
Pep Hamilton, Michigan passing coach

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Should that be Kevin Sumlin? He’d make a good one IMO. Texas A&M is one of those programs that is all hat and no cattle. Just look at the coaching decisions they’ve made in the last 20 years. Kevin Sumlin was the best they have had in that timeframe and they let him go. I think their donor base has way too much influence on their decisions (like Texas).

You’d be lucky to get him I think.

And just for shits and giggles, does anyone actually listen to what Paul Finebaum says? What a moroon.

BkB

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Yep, my bad, Kevin Sumlin.

HA, Mike Leach ain't on nobody's list.....he looks too much like Vince Gill.....sorry, Vince, no offense. ;)

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 02:50 PM
I have no problem at all with Sumlin, coming here to MS State.....he could even keep all his maroon and white clothes. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Moroon is what Bugs bunny used to call morons.

BKB

quercus alba
11-27-2017, 03:25 PM
Arkansas is going to wait on Malzahn till all the good ones are gone then he'll get a raise and extension and we'll be stuck with Skippy Holtz

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Say it ain’t so.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Just heard that Jeremy Pruitt, Alabama DC, is on our short list.....Mullen offered our DC Todd Grantham the opportunity to go with him to the Gators, but Grantham hasn't accepted, as yet.....rumor is, he's put his name in the pot for our HC job.....Grantham's done a great job with our defense, this year.....I'm not really certain he's HC material for us, however.

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2017, 08:59 PM
The real question is which assistant was the main recruiter and where he’s going.

Trav
11-27-2017, 10:51 PM
I hate to see a guy like Mullen leave for an in-conference rival. Effed up is what it is.

Does Texas A&M really think Jimbo Fisher will leave FSU for them? The dude was an injured QB in the first game of the season from being in the FBS hunt where he is. Effed up is what it would be.

In the FBS hunt I don’t buy that at all, FSU can’t lose a single player even at QB and it be the dumpster fire it was this year. They just aren’t a very good team. Also Jimbo is going through a pretty nasty divorce and rumor is he wants out of Tallahassee.

Chicken Dinner
11-28-2017, 05:43 PM
It’s being reported that Tennessee has an interest in NC State’s coach. Effers.

quercus alba
11-28-2017, 07:07 PM
You look up dumpster fire in the dictionary and there's a picture of the Tennessee football program. No self respecting coach would go there. Maybe they'll beat us to Skip Holtz

BarryBobPosthole
11-30-2017, 02:25 PM
I just read where Doeren turned down the Vols to stay at NC State.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-30-2017, 05:37 PM
Yep. Reportedly for a new 5 year deal, but less money than TN was offering. Supposedly, Sumlin, Tee and even Kiffin Part Deux are next up. It sucks when you can't get someone to even take your money.

I just read where Doeren turned down the Vols to stay at NC State.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-30-2017, 05:49 PM
No mention of Les?

BKB

DeputyDog
11-30-2017, 06:45 PM
How bad is that program that they can’t get anyone to take that job?

Chicken Dinner
11-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Other than an up and comer from a non-power 5 conference or a damaged goods retread, who would want that job? I’ve been there in the basketball side of things and it sucks. Basically, the fan base has delusions of grandeur and they’re never going to be Bama. These coaches are all a bunch of pimps who are just using them to get a better deal from somebody else.