PDA

View Full Version : CFB Championship Week

quercus alba
11-27-2017, 04:53 PM
10-3 for the week. 113-55 ytd

Not many games to pick from so we'll do a bakers half dozen

Hate to ruin my record on the upset special but we have to have one so here goes

Upset special
Memphis. 38
UCF. 35

USC. 30
Stan. 28

Oklahoma. 41
TCU. 28

Aub. 24
UGA. 20

Troy. 38
Ark st. 24

Wisconsin. 28
OSU. 24

Clem. 26
Mia. 21

Bret Beilema. $ 12,000,000
Arkansas. 0

Hombre
11-27-2017, 05:41 PM
I can't disagree with any on this list except the WIS / OSU one. I'm gonna have to go with OSU on that.......and LOL at the Bellema one.

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 06:16 PM
Memphis is 7.5 pt. underdogs to that UniCeF bunch, but I tell ya what, those Memphis kids are tough gamers, so your upset special just might be spot on.....my own upset special is the GA/Aub game.....I just don't think Auburn can play at the same level or with the same intensity that they played at home against Bama.....even though the game in Atlanta is called a neutral site, GA is gonna have the home field advantage.....jmho.

Also, GA hasn't forgotten about Malzahn's loud boast to the media, after Auburn's regular season win...."We beat the dog crap outta them!!!"

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Both the SEC and the Big 10
Championships should be good games. Has anyone heard what the injuries were to the two Auburn running backs? I like Wisconsin l, but I don’t think they have the same caliber of athletes as tOSU. They do have the #1 defense in the country so I look for them to win in a lower scoring game then QA has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2017, 08:05 PM
If there is any place Wiscy wins the matchup its their offensive line vs tOSU’s overrated defensive line. I expect Wisconsin to cover this one.

As for Auburn, their carryon got left at the gate. Georgia by 30.

Pun intended.

BKB

quercus alba
11-27-2017, 09:14 PM
georgia"s offensive line overrated. Auburns running back crop is depleted. That leaves Fromm vs Stidham. Pretty equal here. Auburns defense exposed Georgia. Georgia's best bet is to get the ball to Sony Michel in as many ways as possible, he's almost as strong and much more elusive than Chubb. Georgia needs to be very creative, if they try to line up and play smashmouth with the Barners, it'll end up badly. Malzahn will tweak his offense enough. Georgia made hay with a weak eastern division and what appears to be an overrated Irish team.

Auburn in a close one

or not

Big Muddy
11-27-2017, 10:15 PM
This is Auburn's latest injury report:

> Kerryon Johnson RB Shoulder is probable Saturday vs. Georgia
> Kamryn Pettway RB Shoulder is out indefinitely
> Chandler Wooten LB Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs. Georgia
> JaTarvious Whitlow WR Ankle is "?" Saturday vs. Georgia

This is Georgia's:

> Christian Payne FB Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs. Auburn
> DaQuan Hawkins-Muckle DT Back is "?" Saturday vs. Auburn
> Rashad Roundtree LB Concussion out indefinitely

Penguin
11-28-2017, 09:12 AM
Wisconsin is a bit different than prior years in several ways.

Of course they still have a pretty decent offensive line and they have grown better as the year went along. And they still have a gifted running back. Maybe one of the best I've seen in a while. But they have a dropoff after him and that is unusual. They have good receivers for a change but their best one is injured. That hurt a lot.

They have their usual stable of outstanding linebackers. (for fun check out the linebackers they've fielded over the last 10 years and compare them to anyone you'd like.... I think a lot of people will be surprised at what they find) The defensive backfield is a bit better than I have come to expect. Not as good as some but much better than the Badgers usual fare. Still their weak point but not nearly so egregious as most years. And they know how to hide coverages and stunts better than anyone I have seen.

I think Wisconsin can play with tOSU.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
11-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Gary Patterson (TCU) is making noise about the Sooners throwing at his players during warmups and insinuating that one of them that got hit in the helmet resulted in a concussion, which is total bullshit.

If we want to talk about dirty play, the last three times OU has played TCU, a TCU player has been ejected from the game for unsportsmanlike play. The Sooners? None.

Now tell me about dirty play asshole.

I can’t wait for Saturday!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
12-01-2017, 07:47 PM
And so Championship week starts tonight with the Left Coast League and once again I’ll watch USC trying to figure out why the sports media thinks Sam Darnold is the best thing since Johnny Unitas. yet I can’t find his name on a single qb leaderboard.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2017.html

Oh well, I like the Love kid for Stanford better. I sure hope he gets to play. High ankle sprains are tpugh though.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Looks like I went to bed in that Stanford/USC game last night. And, don’t look joe Barry - those effers on ESPN are picking TCU for the upset win.

BarryBobPosthole
12-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Hopefully Corso will pick TCU today too.

I don’t think either team will have trouble getting up for today’s game. IMO, the winner will be deeper and better able to handle the inevitable attrition in these big games, and will be whoever is able to make effective adjustments along the way. To me, and I’m boased, OU gets the nod in both of those areas.
At least that’s what I’ve convinced myself!
Boomer Sooner!

BKb

BarryBobPosthole
12-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Rumor has it it, if Malzahn lost this game, he’d be immediately announced at Arkansas.

We’ll see how rumors are.

BkB

airbud7
12-02-2017, 08:25 PM
y'all no like georgia?....

Chicken Dinner
12-02-2017, 08:34 PM
I don’t know the SEC the way you guys do. But, is Arkansas considered up market to Auburn? I’m hearing the same thing and just don’t get it.

Chicken Dinner
12-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Nice win, Posty. I’ve got to admit I was disappointed in the SEC championship. Not just the outcome, but the quality of the game.

BarryBobPosthole
12-02-2017, 08:59 PM
For once, I am gong to compliment the Big 12 officials. Late in the game it got a little chippy along our offense and their defensive lines and the head official stepped in, chewed some ass, and they took control of the game back from the shitheads. And they didn’t stop the game near as much as they usually do.

A pretty cleanly played game by both teams from a penalty standpoint.
BKB

quercus alba
12-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Arkansas will end up with Chad Morris from SMU.

BarryBobPosthole
12-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Gawd. WaChing Big 10 football is like watching elephants mate.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Was not surprised at all that Auburn couldn't continue their level of play, like they did in the Bama game.....especially by not having the home field advantage, today.....they beat Bama, and that pretty much completed their year on a positive note.....Malzahn just couldn't coach them up to a higher level of play, to take on GA, today.....they mighta played a little better, if they had home field, today.....maybe, but I doubt it.....GA came to make a statement and shut Auburn down, and boy did they ever!!!

BarryBobPosthole
12-02-2017, 11:19 PM
Injuries had a lot to do with their performance too. Just didn’t have the depth to overcome all the dings and dents over the last part of the season.

BKB

Big Muddy
12-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Gawd. WaChing Big 10 football is like watching elephants mate.

BKB

Wisconsin's FG kicker looks like he mighta been a professional bacon and/or ice cream taster in a previous life. ;)

Chicken Dinner
12-03-2017, 07:13 AM
So where’s this leave us? Clemson, OU, Georgia and ?? I don’t want Bama or tOSU. But, I guess it’s gone to be one if them.

airbud7
12-03-2017, 03:25 PM

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Here’s kind of an interesting fact about the upcomng Rose Bowl. It’ll be the first time these teams have ever played.

I didn’t figure that was possible.

BKB