PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Property Trip

Sunshine
11-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Deleting my stuff. No need to write trip reports anymore. You all are moving to Facebook. :(

Sunshine
11-29-2017, 02:57 PM
:(

LJ3
11-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Be careful!

Also, trespassers suck!

Mice don't eat much. What's the problem?

Don't honk your horn when deer are near. It can make them freeze right in front of your tiny little thing you call a truck :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

BarryBobPosthole
11-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Dang! Sounds like a great Thanksgivig and it sounds like you guys are really enjoying the place like you thought you would!

And you do realize your enemy in the vermin wars has a brain about the size of a pencil eraser don’t you? Y’all went nucular on them! (To borrow a Bushism)
You need to train Lamont to get after them!
BKB

LJ3
11-29-2017, 03:02 PM
pretty sure it newkler.

Sunshine
11-29-2017, 03:09 PM

Arty
11-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a good time!
We’re those pots cooking pots or flower pots on that bucks antlers?

Sunshine
11-29-2017, 03:19 PM

Chicken Dinner
11-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Man, that’s pretty bold to trespass right by somebody’s trailer. Personally, I’d put some poison bait out under the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
11-29-2017, 04:21 PM
I think it's nucler. ;)

You're lucky they didn't spot your game cams.

Penguin
11-30-2017, 08:58 AM
Hmmm. I can sympathize because I definitely know about having rodents in your hunting camp.

I remember the first night I ever spent in our hunting camp. I was in high school back in the 80s. Me and my uncle and some cousins were spread around the old, run down farm house at bedtime. We had the place halfway cleaned up but we could tell there were some rats who called this place their home. Long about midnight I was awakened by some scampering around and murmuring at the landing to the stairs where we had placed a garbage bag for the kitchen scraps and whatnot.

I looked over and on the first step there was a rat sitting back on its haunches holding a corn cob up in one fist and an opened pork and beans can in the other. His buddy sitting beside him said "Man what a find! Want me to go tell the others?" This old rat looked over and said "No, I'm afraid the big ones will take it away from us if we do..."

Anyway, I know all about rodents in your hunting camp. :)

Will

Captain
11-30-2017, 09:35 AM
Great trip repost Sunny. Trespassers really suck!

BarryBobPosthole
11-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Heck she’s got two feists, Aren’t they rat dogs?

BKB

LJ3
11-30-2017, 12:19 PM
I was in a certain dilapidated semi-collapsing fishing camp cabin on a remote island in a remote Canadian lake with some other deplorable fuckers. At night, I would hear various animals traveling thru my room, thru the cabin and other rooms. It was no rodent. If it was a rat, it's a world record, if it was a fox, it was a fat one. If it was BBP, he needs to trim his toenails.

Thumper
11-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Ha! Good one Willie! Reminds me of a Thump story. :D

Back in the M.I. days, my buddy and I were in Cambodia for a while. We were staying in a very small village in the jungle and were provided a 2-room bungalow (a common area and 1-bedroom, pretty nice digs compared to most of the villagers). Of course, there was no running water or electricity, but we were accustomed to that anyway. There were two beds in the bedroom that were about 10 feet apart and the ceiling had a couple of open beams running the width of the room. Now mind you, it was in a hot jungle in Cambodia with no electricity, so there were no fans, etc. We turned in for the night wearing nothing but our skivvies and we laid on top of the thin mattresses with no covers (too hot). As I was just dozing off, a HUGE rat (about the size of the average house cat) landed right on my bare chest! He'd evidently been walking across that beam and fell off. Of course, when he landed, I was half asleep and had no idea what (or whom) had "attacked" me. Needless to say, I screamed like a little girl, grabbed "whatever it was" and flung it across the room.

Now, by this time, my little girl screams scared the shit out'ta my buddy and he starts screaming like a little girl also! He had no clue what was going on and for all he knew, one of the bad guys had slipped in and slit my throat! OF COURSE, when I threw the attacker across the room ... you guessed it ... it landed right smack in the center of my buddy's bare chest. Again, the monster went airborne! Ok, now mind you, this all happened in total darkness in some steamy Cambodian jungle and we had no clue what had attacked us. Add to the fact we had no light and the only thing we could do was feel our way across the room, feel around for a candle and some matches, then get a light source working. Once we figured what we needed to do to see what kind of monster attacked us in the middle of the night, the demands started ... it went something like this.

Go light a candle! FUCK YOU, YOU go light a candle! No, FUCK YOU, you're closer! Awww, get up and light a candle you fuckin' PUSSY! Ok, I'm a pussy, YOU get up and light it! All we knew was there was a hairy monster somewhere in that room and neither of us wanted to meet it head-on while feeling around for a frigging candle.

Eventually, one of us grew a set of balls, got'er done, gained some bravery with a light in the room, then figured out what had happened. Did I say a house cat earlier? Duh, typo ... I meant it was as big as a water buffalo! ;)

Just be assured, we were protecting you, the good citizens of our country at that time. :D

Hombre
11-30-2017, 01:59 PM
Sunshine - I accidentally left my orange hunting vest at the corner of the property can you pick it up for me? :D

BarryBobPosthole
11-30-2017, 02:04 PM
Hombre if it was you, you’d be driving that two track road with your 06 out the window.

BKb

Hombre
11-30-2017, 02:08 PM
You call it a window I call it a gun rack.

Chicken Dinner
11-30-2017, 02:26 PM
Legend in my hunt club is that late one evening a rat jumped out of the belly of the Fox that’s right above the lamp and ran upstairs to one of the bunk rooms. Evidently, Thump isn’t the only one that screams like a little girl when awoken by a rodent. I wasn’t there, but it sure does look like a rat used to nest inside that thing. Now, we used industrial strength rat poison in a 5 gallon bucket under the cabin and it keeps the population down.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171130/d62119b2b64d230466352a87634f23d7.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
11-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Y’all have caribou in Virginny?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-30-2017, 03:45 PM
No, but I think that one may have gotten lost. I have been assured that at least nobody shot his nuts off...

Y’all have caribou in Virginny?

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-30-2017, 04:10 PM
you have to be a pretty good shot to attempt that kind of one-shot kill.

BKB

Sunshine
11-30-2017, 10:03 PM

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Sunny, we put the poison in a closed 5 gallon bucket with a relatively small hole cut on one side near the bottom. The baits are strung on a wire inside. This prevents larger critters from getting in and rats/mice from carrying the poison off where something else might get it. Doing this consistently has really cut down on the problems.

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Here’s one of the victims we found under the cabin at our last work party. Umm, tastes like chicken.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171201/2eff21d13d53cd68c668dd30b72c2daa.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
12-01-2017, 10:48 AM
if you read much Stephen King you’d be sleeping in the truck after seeing that.

BKB

Penguin
12-01-2017, 11:21 AM
if you read much Stephen King you’d be sleeping in the truck after seeing that.

BKB

I was thinking similar thoughts Posty. :)

Man, talk about something you would pay to unsee. Goodness.

Will

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Ha! I don't do scary and sleep better knowing that critter is dead.