PDA

View Full Version : Thump, what do you think?

DeputyDog
11-30-2017, 01:20 PM
I saw this posted online. Too little, too late? A bipartisan effort to make vets who were in Thailand able to receive VA benefits for agent orange exposure if they can show some type of proof to possible exposure.

https://www.donnelly.senate.gov/newsroom/press/donnelly-boozman-fight-for-veterans-exposed-to-agent-orange-during-service-in-thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
11-30-2017, 01:46 PM
Yessir, I was able to prove exposure years ago and am on the official A/O watch list. Basically, what that means is I've been through all the testing and qualifying b/s, so if I start showing symptoms, all the red tape has already been cut and I would have immediate approval for benefits/treatment. A few of my trips to Thailand a few years back was to find proof (of something "we" already knew to be fact, but the military denied it) of A/O exposure for a buddy of mine who had a list of medical conditions as long as your arm, all pointing to A/O. At that time, the military denied exposure and he was on his own. The sucky part? He passed away before they ever admitted that some of us practically bathed in the stuff ... him included.