PDA

View Full Version : Take your pick.....

Big Muddy
12-03-2017, 10:53 AM
This isn't necessarily my pick, but I think it's how the CFP is gonna be lining it up.....btw, several of the CFP committee members have already recused themselves from voting.

1 Clemson 12-1
2 Oklahoma 12-1
3 Georgia 12-1
4 Ohio State 11-2
5 Wisconsin 12-1
6 Alabama 11-1

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2017, 11:19 AM
I hate it, but I don’t know how you keep tOSU out. And I definitely agree they’ve played their way back in more than Alabama has. Honestly, Mercer in November?

If this was a true playoff, then I think UCF would have a seat at this table. As it is, this is just a manual BCS process.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-03-2017, 12:26 PM
I was just gonna day, do the right thing and put UCF in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2017, 01:47 PM
‘The Committee’ needs to be renamed ‘The BCS Stooges’. Picking Alabama over conference champions gives them zero cred IMO.

What this means is that instead of a playoff of the best conference champions, what we have is a committee that selects four at large teams that, in their opinion, are the four best. Again, that ain’t a playoff. Thats an Open Invitational Tournament. Which is fine, but stop insisting this is more objective that the old BCS system.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Bullshit.

Chicken Dinner
12-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Btw, I think I was trying to agree with you Posthole. I did find one silver lining in all this - all the obnoxious fans that were coming out of the woodwork have sure gotten quiet.

Big Muddy
12-03-2017, 11:46 PM
The CFP's picks just show you, it's all about the money.....Bama should not have even been in the mix over tOSU.....but, Bama will bring in more money than tOSU.....nationwide, everybody either dearly loves or vehemently hates Bama.....and, both of those extremes will be glued to their tv's to watch them either win or lose.....tOSU, doesn't have nearly the crowd-following.