PDA

View Full Version : All this birthday talk.....

LW
01-18-2013, 08:06 AM
I know I shouldn't expect much sympathy around here but I turn the big 4-0 Sunday. A little history for you all. I have a well documented history of losing my mind when these little milestones of life come around. When I turned 30, I went out and bought a motorcycle and started jumping out of airplanes as a hobby. So far, not experiencing any irrational thoughts in response to this birthday. Going to set around the house with some friends and family and feast on some steamed crab legs and grilled oysters and then move on with my life. Happy birthday Thump and Len.

LJ3
01-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Happy birthday, LW! I'm not keeping track of birthday's any more! once you hit fiddy, be glad you're still here :)

hotshot
01-18-2013, 09:05 AM
40 was 6 years ago... welcome to middle age

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2013, 09:18 AM
My 40's were some of the mostest finest times of my life. My 50's have been even better. Enjoy 'em! May must be a good month for kanoodling with all the January birthdays we have in this group. Birddog just had a birthday hisownself. Reminds me of the old saw 'Hooray hooray, it's the first of May! Outdoor fucking begins today!'.

Maybe that's it.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-18-2013, 09:47 AM
I've go the Big 50 coming up in this Spring. At least I'll always be younger than Len. (How old do I have to be to get the cheap coffee at Micky D's?)

hotshot
01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Now that I am in my mid 40's, my kids are old enough to not be in close contact at all hours.... they are middle schoolers. I've been able to do some of the stuff I used to do BC: before Children....
Ihave played in tennis tournaments for the first time in 10 years..... been doing it 2 years now. A pleasant suprise is my Indiana ranking in the 40 and over age group.
I am not as fast as I used to be, but I will resist fiercely the aging process.

Buckrub
01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Happy Birthday, Walkman.

I hear the Royals are a good buy, if you really wanna buy something outrageous! :)

johnboy
01-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Happy Birthday! Trying to remember what I did for the Big 4-0 but it was so long ago and the old noodle ain't what it used to be so it's a little hazy. I am sure however that copious (copios?) amounts of alcohol were involved.

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2013, 03:26 PM
My wife threw me my one and only surprise party of my life on my 40th. That's been, uh, almost 19 years ago. 1994. Bassdog was in on it and had me take him fishing that day to get me out of the house. I had friends from all over the country surprise me at the house that day. I got Bassdog back on his 50th though. He was living in cedar Rapids and his B-day was on a Friday. so four or five of us flew in from all over the place and were sitting at the bar in his regular Friday after-work watering hole when he came in for a beer. Took him a minute to recognize all of us were but you could have knocked him over with a feather. The ONLY time in his life I've ever seen him cry.

BKB

Buckrub
01-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh, I saw him cry when TW dropped his 10 lb walleye back in the lake.

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Hahaha...I'll bet you did!

BKB