PDA

View Full Version : Hey Y’all!

TXBert
12-31-2017, 04:23 PM
How’s everyone?

BarryBobPosthole
12-31-2017, 04:32 PM
Hey Bert! Good to see ya! Happy New Year!

How’s tricks?

BKB

TXBert
12-31-2017, 04:38 PM
Things are good around here.

TXBert
12-31-2017, 05:08 PM
So whats everyone up to around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
12-31-2017, 05:14 PM
Who’s Bert? ;)

TXBert
12-31-2017, 05:35 PM
Thump....thumper....sounds familiar?

Thumper
12-31-2017, 05:55 PM
Ha ha, great to have you check in. Don’t be such a stranger buddy!

jb
12-31-2017, 06:32 PM
Nice to see you back,
How close to you is Paris TX ??

BarryBobPosthole
12-31-2017, 06:35 PM
I think we’re all doing pretty well, Bert. I’m not sure the last time you checked in. We’ve lost Niner and Herb over the last few years. Bucky doesn’t post any more. We have some new blood, a dufus from SC named Airbud. The site is still one of many topics, guaranteed to be changed five times in any given post.
I think the rest of could be summed up in that country song about Sixteen Tons that talks about being ‘another day older and deeper in debt’. We just don’t have a company store!

How’s Lucy and those youngins? The last I can remember hearing from you, you were building an outdoor eatin’ and partyin’ spot out back. How’s that working?
Oh and you were chasing bull sharks on a boogie board down in Corpus.
How’d ThAT work out?
BKb

Arty
12-31-2017, 11:06 PM
Hey now!
Good to see a post. We’ll be here all week, stop back by!
Happy New Year !!

airbud7
12-31-2017, 11:08 PM
Who you calling dufus you dufus :D

and how the heck are the sooners ranked #2 when the Dawg's are better?...:D

quercus alba
12-31-2017, 11:16 PM

Hi Bert

TXBert
01-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Hey JB Happy Birthday! I’m about an hour and a half from Paris, Tx. You got business there?

TXBert
01-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Yeah I’ve been in since the loss of Bill and Herb. Tough loss of 2 great men.

What did Bucky get so frustrated he smashed his keyboard? Did they finally cut his last pine tree on his lease? I was looking forward to see how he was.

Everything else seems to be pretty normal.

As far as me, I made it through another oilfield crash, I’m living proof God takes care of fools and little children. But I’m looking for an exit strategy, I don’t plan on participating in the next one.

Luci still hangs out with me, she’s still amazed by my fishing and shooting skills I guess. 🤣 good one Quercus!

Kids are doing fine, James is cooking for the captain of an aircraft carrier, he finally found his calling. One daughter is about to graduate college in a year, the other is starting. But as a sophomore and with a pretty good amount of scholarships!

Hank, well, we’re trying to get him some sponsors for the BASS tourney trail but the local gas n go isnt sponsoring this year and he doesn’t buy enough fuel for his flat bottom at Haji’s so he isn’t willing to sponsor either. We still haven’t heard from Big Boys pork rinds. Holding out hope for them. And circle M crawfish stand looks promising.

The patio is coming along, still a work in progress. But a fun place to hang out.

Other than that all is fairly normal around here.

TXBert
01-01-2018, 12:40 AM
That didn’t work, I was trying to post a pic

TXBert
01-01-2018, 12:47 AM

TXBert
01-01-2018, 12:48 AM
Current status of the patio!

Chicken Dinner
01-01-2018, 01:50 AM
Looking good, Bert!

(QA, that sh!t right there was funny.)

Arty
01-01-2018, 09:25 AM
That patio is awesome!!

Bwana
01-02-2018, 01:31 PM
Love the patio and glad to see your mug back in here again.

What about hunting, still doing that?

Most of the ladies around here seem to have traded in their hunting/fishing tools for the TV remote, so instead of enjoying the great outdoors they watch ball games and soap operas.

jb
01-02-2018, 06:14 PM
Nice looking patio there Bert.
The Paris question was concerning an old 1891 Colt SAA that was sent to a small gun shop in Paris. The gun seems to have a lot of history as it's a good chance it was used in the Johnson County War.
It was there when they lynched a boy for rumored rape of a white girl, guite graphic in detail.
Just my connection to your area of TX.

Big Muddy
01-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Good to hear from you, Bert.....I keep in touch with Bucky, ocassionally, and he always says he doing fine, but hardly ever expands on his comments.....we all miss the old fart. ;)

Bwana
01-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I wish he would stick his head in here every now and then.

Wonder how things are going at The Farm, supposed he figured out the pattern for old Mossyhorns this fall?

Big Muddy
01-03-2018, 11:11 AM
I don't know about the deer on his farm, but when Sandy and I hunted squirrels there with him, a couple of years ago, I was amazed at the size of them.....I think his farm might be located on top of some type of nuclear site.....Sandy's eyeballs bugged out, when she treed her first one.....they were gigantic squirrels !!! ;)

For old time sake, here's Bucky shooting one.....took him 3 shots with magnum loads to bring down that one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=W1Xjn7vhvRM

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Muddy, there is a big wildlife refuge down in south central Arkansas called Felsenthal. I have a first cousin that lives near there. My Uncle Bill told me about the huge squirrels down there that the local black folks call ‘Arkansas Giants’.
I have no idea if the place you hunted is anywhere near there but the Felsenthal squirrels sure impressed my old unk!

BKB

LJ3
01-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Bert! Ya magnificent bastard ya!

I love that party porch!

Captain
01-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Howdy Bert!!!
I can catch you up real quick on all the really important stuff...
Posthole owes me four dollars and will not pay up.
That’s the news worth knowing.
Good to see you and don’t be such a stranger!

PS: that crap QA posted was FUNNY!

Captain
01-03-2018, 01:18 PM
For old time sake, here's Bucky shooting one.....took him 3 shots with magnum loads to bring down that one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=W1Xjn7vhvRM

That’s more to do with Bucky’s shooting skills, than squirrel size. :D

Big Muddy
01-03-2018, 02:09 PM
^^^^^YEP^^^^^ ;)