PDA

View Full Version : Word

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Bombogenesis.

Truly. They make up a new one every season it seems. This one means when the weather forecast is given by a blonde with big.....

Wait a minute, thats bimbogenesis.

BKB

Big Muddy
01-03-2018, 11:23 AM
That word has a lot of honorificabilitudinity. ;)

LJ3
01-03-2018, 12:14 PM
bombogenesis. (meteorology) Rapid, or extreme cyclogenesis, often characterized by a barometric pressure drop of 24 millibars in a 24 hour period.

Man that would cause some CRAZY smallmouth action. They are definitely more active 'round here when the pressure drops quickly.

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2018, 12:27 PM
You need to come fish here with me during tornader season. The pressure drops so fast it’ll make your ears pop. We call it runlikehell weather. I’ll sit in the truck and watch.

BKb

LJ3
01-03-2018, 01:36 PM
I'd do it. I ain't skeert. Actually, no. But I've sure as hell fished right up to "get your ass out of the river and run like hell" before.

I had a boomer sneak up behind me, real quiet like, no thunder or anything and stayed under the tree line. Popped up with a huge BOOOOMMMM! And had me diving for cover on the river bank. Don't care to do that again.

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah. Been there, done that. Birddog and I were fishng a lake near here called Eucha, we say Oochee, one hot August adternoon. It was cloudy but no rumbles or anything, just overcast. All of the sudden a cloud to cloud lightning bolt went off and was so close it made your hair stand up. Flash and boom were simultaneous. And then a second later it started hailing quarter sized hail that covered the deck of the boat. Then big fat raindrops. By thos time I had my hat pulled down, the engine started and we headed for the ramp. We couldn’t get on plane because of the intensity of the rain. It was likd bb’s dven gong slow. It stopped right when we got to the ramp. It scared the bejeebers out of both of us be ause it came from out of nowhere.

You can be careful but sometimes you just find yourself in the middle of a shitstorm.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
01-03-2018, 04:42 PM
I remember one time getting caught out on the Upper Potomac upstream from Seneca Breaks. I’m pretty sure Egghead might have been there and we had to run for the Maryland side and hunker down in the dry canal bed. There were ground strikes all around us and so much electricity in the air you got goose bumps and your arm hairs stood up on end. This other friend of ours Dave was so nervous he was smoking and dipping at the same time. Another time I was sailing out in the bay and got caught out in one. Let me tell you that big aluminum mast/lightning rod and all that flat water will picker you right up.

Good times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
01-03-2018, 05:25 PM
I got belly down in a dry creek bed one time and watched a tornado on the ground 200 yds away chunking debris every which away roaring like a locomotive. The pucker factor got off the chart that day. That night another one got on the ground a quarter mile from the trailer I was living in, you could see the walls breathing

I have a healthy respect fo Mother Nature

Captain
01-03-2018, 07:41 PM
I just drove through a butt load of that Bombogenesis

5 hours to make a 3.5 hour run....