PDA

View Full Version : Confidence Bait

BarryBobPosthole
01-20-2018, 08:31 PM
A wintertime cabin fever post.
One of the hardest tendencies for me to break is if I tie on a new bait, most of my success or failure with it will depend on if I have confidence in it or not. That probably has a lot to do with whether I stick with the presentation I need or whether I’ll lose patience and fish it too fast or (usually) bite it off and throw it down on the deck.

And then again, there are baits I’ll fish all the live long day even if I don’t catch a single fish or if fishing is slow. Its psychological, I know. “Cain’t hep it” is my only excuse.

Here’s my confidence baits:

Wallies - Minnow rap or a 3”-5” Kalin grub/1/8 th oz jig

Smallies - 3” Berkley Power Grub 1/16th jig or a Rebel Pop-R

Largemouth - 5” Kinami flash weightless or a “Larke lure” spinner bait.

Crappies - 2” Kalin Sizmic 1/16 oz jig or a minner/slip bobber combo

BKB

Captain
01-20-2018, 09:28 PM
I’ll comtinue to spank your azz, with my hand made Larke Lure....

Arty
01-20-2018, 10:07 PM
A wintertime cabin fever post.
One of the hardest tendencies for me to break is if I tie on a new bait, most of my success or failure with it will depend on if I have confidence in it or not. That probably has a lot to do with whether I stick with the presentation I need or whether I’ll lose patience and fish it too fast or (usually) bite it off and throw it down on the deck.

And then again, there are baits I’ll fish all the live long day even if I don’t catch a single fish or if fishing is slow. Its psychological, I know. “Cain’t hep it” is my only excuse.

Here’s my confidence baits:

Wallies - Minnow rap or a 3”-5” Kalin grub/1/8 th oz jig

Smallies - 3” Berkley Power Grub 1/16th jig or a Rebel Pop-R

Largemouth - 5” Kinami flash weightless or a “Larke lure” spinner bait.

Crappies - 2” Kalin Sizmic 1/16 oz jig or a minner/slip bobber combo

BKB

What color Kinami flash ?

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Chart and white is my favorite.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-21-2018, 10:43 AM
Similar for me on the smallies, but will frequently also add a gold colored spinner. Chartreuse or pumpkin are my go-to colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Skyz
01-22-2018, 10:38 AM
'When all is said and done...Number one confidence bait. ;)
http://www.sharewhy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Nightcrawlers.jpg

LJ3
01-22-2018, 12:12 PM
I tipped my hand for my confidence bait in Canada. Don't be trying to copy me!

Yamamoto twin tail grub on an offset bullet head jig. In Canada I caught a smallie, Walleye, Perch (I think?) and Pike on it. At home, the only species I have not caught on it is a carp and I'm fine with that.

Though, if confidence bait definition is what bait would you use to survive when fishing was the only thing that would keep you alive. I'm digging up works with Troy!