PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness it's over.....

Big Muddy
01-28-2018, 03:21 PM
This was the last weekend of duck season, and I'm glad it's over.....these boys have eaten up everything in our house.....they had a great weekend, with limits all three days.....think I'll buy some stock in steel shot, honey ham, and soda pops. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-28-2018, 03:32 PM
You’re a good guy for hosting them. They’ll pay it forward some day I’d be willing to bet.

You done a deed Mudward!

BKB

Big Muddy
01-28-2018, 04:08 PM
The kid on the far right, just started duck hunting with my g'son, this year.....he killed his first pintail, today.....it had double pins, too, and he's getting it mounted.

Chicken Dinner
01-28-2018, 04:09 PM
That’s pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
01-28-2018, 04:30 PM
I don't know what the limit is in Mississippi but that's waaaaaay over in Arkansas

Big Muddy
01-28-2018, 05:15 PM
Nah, they're well within their limits......my son hunted with them, too, but he came down with the flu, and left before the pic-taking......those boys know better than that because they know I always count their birds.....they hunted three days, each hunter tagged their birds separately, and kept the birds in my cooler, and cleaned them all later.

Thumper
01-28-2018, 06:35 PM
SODA POP?????? WTF? I thought you were a Mississippi native, but you're talking like an Eastern N. Carolinian. Ain't you had no fetchin' up son? It's COKE in this part of the world (the South), INCLUDING Mississippi. Venture up into Yankee land in the Northeast or the extreme Southwest (including Californicate) and those dufi call it SODA, while the whole remaining top half of the country (all the way to the Pacific) call it POP. I have no clue how Eastern N. Carolina combined the two Yankee versions into SODA POP. :crazy

To REALLY be a Southerner, ya' got's to pour a bag'o salted peanuts into your Coke. Now I'll admit, A Big Orange and a Moon Pie is a whole 'nuther subject. ;)

quercus alba
01-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Preach it brother. If it ain't a coke then it's a Nehi belly washer

Thumper
01-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Tru’dat! ;)

Captain
01-28-2018, 09:32 PM
That’s a great way for youngins act! Congrats to them.
And Kribbs there ain’t nobody nowhere in ANY part of NC says soda pop unless they are transplanted from somewhere else.
We drink co-cola here. Many different kinds and brands but they are all co-cola.

Thumper
01-28-2018, 09:54 PM
You just need to shut the lights off and go to bed. ;)

Captain
01-28-2018, 10:27 PM
I done cut them off

Big Muddy
01-28-2018, 10:45 PM
Well, we actually DO always say "Co-Cola" or "Coke" here in MS, too.....I opted for "soda pop" just in case some numbnut lurker or crack-head wouldn't get the wrong idea about what type of "coke" I was talking about, with the kids being mentioned in my post.