PDA

View Full Version : Ok all'o youse old rockers out there!

Thumper
01-30-2018, 03:41 PM
I have a hoarder estate sale coming up in a coupl'a days and it has me drooling! There's not much in the way of hunting/fishing stuff, firearms or any of that type of items, but I spoke with the people running the sale and they said (although they have close to 500 photos posted), they haven't even photographed half the stuff as they're still pulling things out of the nooks and crannies! Tons and tons of vintage electric train items (most still in their boxes), vintage radios/tv's, old vinyl, cameras, sewing machines, clocks, fans, tin toys ... heck even a collection of vacuum cleaners (who the "F" collects old Hoovers??) and old electric toasters. Basically, the collection has no rhyme or reason and the subject matter is scattered all over the map.

There are some cool movie posters, but it's the old concert posters that have me a bit excited, as many of my old favorites are included. This is just a sample (there are many more) and I know I should have consulted Bwana's sister, but I simply pulled them from the seller's website and didn't bother with the editing:

9863 9865 9866

9867 9868 9870

Now, for something that REALLY has me cranked! There is an old Wurlitzer 350 Tone Cabinet as well as a Leslie 22H (precursor to the 122)!! I spotted a few upright pianos and organs buried among the junk, but I wonder if I dig enough, I might be able to drag out a Hammond B3? Man-o-man, I can't wait to start digging through this "super-hoarder's junque", but I may have to take out a line of credit on my house first! :banghead

9872 9873

I don't know if anybody is interested in this old stuff, but if you have a bunch of time on your hands, it's kinda fun to peruse the pics.

LJ3
01-30-2018, 03:55 PM
That leslie is VERY sought after piece of gear. Lots of blues guys still use them.