PDA

View Full Version : I Rarely Make Political Posts...

Big Skyz
01-31-2018, 10:23 AM
First I'm going to start this off by saying when I vote, I try to vote for who I think will best serve this nation. I have voted for both parties over the years. I will also say that I am not a die hard Trumpkin. I like many of the things he is trying to do, but can't stand it when he tweets or talks about building a wall. However, he is doing a lot of other things right, and so I tolerate the things I don't like. I do have to say after lasts nights State of the Union address I came away from it very disturbed by the behavior of the democratic party. I respect differences of opinion, but they didn't just come off as anti-Trump, they appeared anti America or anything that is good. The hatred just seemed to seethe out of them. I never condone hatred as a motivation to bring about good change. It seriously reminded me of pouting children in my classroom when they don't get their way. The democratic leaders wouldn't stand or applaud for a 12 year old boy who provided flags for veterans graves, for a family that lost children due to gang violence from illegal aliens, for an improved economy, or anything that should have been bi-partisan. Frankly, I found the behavior completely appalling. I hope there are still some good democrats out there. Hopefully some of them were offended as well, and will rise to the occasion to take a stand for what is good in this nation, instead of focusing on the negative. For me, as a voter, it is very discouraging to see that kind of behavior. It doesn't broaden my choices during elections, it narrows it, and forces me into a corner of picking the best of the worst, rather than the best for the job. I held my nose, so to speak, to vote during the presidential election last year. I wasn't happy with either choice and literally voted for the least of two evils. Last night's spectacle put on by the democrats reminded me that there definitely was a more evil choice. It is very disappointing to see the democratic party represented that way by their leadership. I seriously doubt I am the only one that feels this way. It's sort of the same feeling when you are good friends with a married couple, and then they end up in a nasty divorce, and you have to stand by and watch them self destruct. You hurt for both sides and wish they could reconcile their difference for the good of everyone else.

Arty
01-31-2018, 12:00 PM
I couldn’t agree more. And for anyone that says the Republicans did that with Obama, is full of it.
Hatred is the correct word here.

Thumper
01-31-2018, 12:54 PM
Wow! Sky, you just put into words, EXACTLY what I thought about last night's State of the Union speech. Immediately afterwards, I started scanning back and forth on the different news channels to watch bits and pieces of their slant on the news coverage. Of course FOX had it pegged as the greatest speech ever, which didn't surprise me, but the "more Liberal" news outlets would tear into him like he's a demon out to destroy EVERYTHING this country stands for. Even though I expected it, I sat there wide-eyed staring at all these talking heads babbling on and on. You nailed it in your post above ... they all sounded like little kids throwing temper tantrums for not getting exactly what they wanted. I keep expecting the Democratic Party to start holding their breath 'til their faces turn blue ... until they get what they want. Actually, that may not be such a bad idea ... they can only hold it so long before they pass out!

Chicken Dinner
01-31-2018, 02:12 PM
There needs to be another option. A third way as it were. My hope is that out of a 2016 election another viable party or parties will emerge as we were all ill-served by our choices last time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HideHunter
01-31-2018, 08:51 PM
Well put, sir.

Captain
01-31-2018, 08:57 PM
I totally agree. The democrat party is without a doubt AnitAmerican

Arty
01-31-2018, 10:08 PM
I totally agree. The democrat party is without a doubt AnitAmerican

They aren’t all anti American. Probably as many Republicans as Democrats. Let’s face it, some of them are only concerned with numero uno.
BUT! The vast majority are not behaving like they love America. Their seething anger for what they don’t like is short circuiting what little common sense any of them have for the every day things that every American should love. Regardless of affiliation

Hombre
01-31-2018, 10:36 PM
+1 for what Arty said I don't trust any of them

Captain
01-31-2018, 11:30 PM
There is a two party system
Republican and Anti-American

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 12:10 AM

airbud7
02-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Well said Sky!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/clubpenguin/images/6/69/Smile-thumbs-up-clip-art-clipart-image-0.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/393?cb=20160808065707

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 12:55 PM
It was obviously as great as you say since it was the most viewed SOTU in history!

BKB

Thumper
02-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Fake news ............. NO WAIT!!

Of course, we're now in a different age where live-streaming is big. I have no clue how that could be factored in. He "could" be right, but I don't know how anybody (including Trump) would know those numbers. Sumpin' to think about anyway.

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Truth and character doesn’t matter any more in politics. That’s really all that’s changed.

BKB

DeputyDog
02-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Truth and character doesn’t matter any more in politics. That’s really all that’s changed.

BKB

That changed years ago if it ever really did matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Well, I mourn for the loss of it. Belie e it or not, but really are politicians that have good character and believe in the truth. The fact that so many people use the excuse that ‘they all do it’ is as appaling as anything.

BKB

Thumper
02-01-2018, 04:00 PM
The problem is, many of those who enter politics with "truth & character", eventually get corrupted and slowly slither into the swamp to join their cronies. That's why we need term limits ... get the goodie from 'em, then retire 'em before they have a chance to convert.

LJ3
02-06-2018, 03:33 PM

BKB

When DID it matter? I can't think of a President that was NOT a lying MF'er while I've been on the planet.

Captain
02-06-2018, 04:51 PM

BKB

We just playing by the rules the Democrats started with Obummer!!!

LJ3
02-06-2018, 05:00 PM
BS man. Trump's a liar, Obama was a liar, Bush was a liar, Clinton was a liar, Bush was a liar, Reagan was a liar, Carter was just an idiot, Ford was too dumb to lie which has it's own set of problems. Nixon may have told a little white lie or two. Johnson lied like a friggin rug, Kennedy and that whole family swims in a sea of Liar McLieface. They're all damn liars and we just let them all lie their fucking faces off and nobody's ever accountable for it.

Oh YEAH!?!?!?!?! Your guy lied!
Nu-UHHH, YOUR guy lied more about different stuff.

It's disgusting and we're all a bunch of dumbasses. Cept' Posthole. He's smart.

Captain
02-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Wrong, especially that last statement.

LJ3
02-06-2018, 05:19 PM
That was just to make sure people read up to the last sentence.

Captain
02-06-2018, 06:48 PM
IT’S A TRAP!!!!