PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tic ... was it you?

Thumper
01-31-2018, 03:56 PM
I remember somebody posting recently that they were going to send in one those "through the mail" DNA tests. I searched, but can't find that thread. It seems like a couple people here said they're doing it.

Anyway, Lynn gave me one for my birthday and I'm just getting around to doing it and mailing it in. Has anyone here received the results from one of these tests? I've always been told I'm Dutch and German, but I don't think anybody has traced our family tree other than by word of mouth. It'll be interesting I think.

BarryBobPosthole
01-31-2018, 04:21 PM
From the size and shape of your head, I’d say you are likely 90% Neanderthal.

BKB

Thumper
01-31-2018, 04:54 PM
Takes a LOT of room to fit that massive brain in there! ;)

Arty
01-31-2018, 05:12 PM
From the size and shape of your head, I’d say you are likely 90% Neanderthal.

BKB

Definitely

Arty
01-31-2018, 05:13 PM
Len did it. I did as well. I was nothing what id always been told I was.

quercus alba
01-31-2018, 05:25 PM
my wife wasted money on that. came back 99% asian. Duh, she was born in Taiwan to chinese parents, long dark hair, olive complexion with slanted eyes. Cost me 60 bucks to tell me something I already knew

BarryBobPosthole
01-31-2018, 10:02 PM
I sent mine off. I used Ancestry. They squeeze a month’s membership out of you to get the full results. Mine showed what my Dad’s family had pretty much thought. 80% English, 15% Irish, and the rest is scattered across where most of those folks came from, scandanavia and Iberian peninsula and such.
It did blow up a tale of injian blood on my Mom’s side that has been told over the generations. My Mom still thinks the old story is true and says the results have to be wrong then.
I ain’t arguing. You can’t win any arguments against an 80 year old woman. Never.

Almost e ery family in these parts has an injian story. I think we discussed it here and three or four people had the same in their families.

BKB

Thumper
01-31-2018, 10:06 PM
Ha, same with Lynn, it'd be a total waste of money. Her great grandparents were both Japanese (I never knew them). Both her grandparents were Japanese (I knew them well before they passed away). Both her parents are Japanese (dad passed away in '85 from liver cancer, but mom is still kickin' at 82 years old). Lynn had 3 brothers, but one passed away from prostate cancer (he never married). Her remaining 2 brothers are both married to Japanese women. Lynn's the first to break the mold and has been with this honky for 33 years now, but I got snipped back in the 80's, so I guess we won't be diluting the gene pool. ;)

Thumper
01-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Yeppers P-hole, same here. My mom has always told me she has a bit of Cherokee blood in her. If it doesn't show in this test, I won't bother pressing the issue either. My mom will be 86 in three more days and I know better than to even attempt arguing with her!

Arty
01-31-2018, 10:15 PM
Ha, same with Lynn, it'd be a total waste of money. Her great grandparents were both Japanese (I never knew them). Both her grandparents were Japanese (I knew them well before they passed away). Both her parents are Japanese (dad passed away in '85 from liver cancer, but mom is still kickin' at 82 years old). Lynn had 3 brothers, but one passed away from prostate cancer (he never married). Her remaining 2 brothers are both married to Japanese women. Lynn's the first to break the mold and has been with this honky for 33 years now, but I got snipped back in the 80's, so I guess we won't be diluting the gene pool. ;)

I’m trying to figure out how you paying a doctor to touch your balls has anything to do with your AncestryDNA.

Was this post just bait to let all the wimmins that might read it know that you’ve been neuterized?

Thumper
01-31-2018, 10:22 PM
Ummm, no, you need to keep up. I was referring to Q/A's post. It was a waste of money for his wife to take the test, just as it would be for Lynn. The only mention of MY DNA was that I've been neutered, so there's no chance of me diluting the Yamamoto blood line.

Arty
01-31-2018, 10:28 PM
Ummm, no, you need to keep up. I was referring to Q/A's post. It was a waste of money for his wife to take the test, just as it would be for Lynn. The only mention of MY DNA was that I've been neutered, so there's no chance of me diluting the Yamamoto blood line.
QA diluted his wife’s line. Not his fault you shoot blanks!

Thumper
01-31-2018, 10:42 PM
But, his kids didn't take the test, his wife did. Are we even on the same page here? :huh

Arty
01-31-2018, 10:48 PM
But, his kids didn't take the test, his wife did. Are we even on the same page here? :huh

I guess not, since LYNN bought the test for YOU. Unless LYNN is spitting in the cup, HER dna has nothing to do with whether or not YOU have been clipped!

You know what, throw the test in the trash, posty was right. You are 98.4% Neanderthal.
1.6% Chicken wings.

Thumper
01-31-2018, 10:56 PM
Ha ha ha! You dufus! I wasn't referring to the present, I was referring to the future. ALL her siblings are 100% Japanese and have Japanese spouses, so their kids are also 100% Japanese. Since I've been snipped and Lynn has never had children, her family will remain 100% Japanese for at least another generation. Capisce?

Arty
01-31-2018, 11:07 PM
Suuuure :)

P.S. I’ll bet you $5 that you are no where close to Native American as you’ve been told, or thought.
I would have laid a hand on the Bible that I was an 8th or a 16th Cherokee.
I’m Zero Native American.
My genes are heavily Irish, a little English, and a pinch of elsewhere (less than 1%).

Thumper
01-31-2018, 11:44 PM
I agree. I do have a pic around here someplace of my mom, my oldest sister and myself posing with Chief Walkingstick in Cherokee N.C. If I showed that pic to ANYONE and told them my mom is 100% Cherokee, they'd most likely believe it! That said, I'm with you, I don't believe there's any Injun blood in the family.

Chicken Dinner
02-01-2018, 04:30 AM
My wife’s mother can trace he ancestry back to 1400 here n a little town in southern Italy. Her DNA is all over the Mediterranean - sine Italian, but also North Africa, Persia, Greece and even a bit of Jewish. Kind of makes sense if you think about Old migration patterns. My genealogy is mostly German and English, but my DNA also included Scandinavian, French and a couple others. Kind of interesting stuff, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
02-01-2018, 10:05 AM
I really don't know anything about my ancestry, other than what I've been told. I've heard Dutch on my mother's side and German on my dad's side. I remember my (paternal) grandmother telling me that when she was a young child, her parents moved the family from Kansas to Florida .... in a covered wagon. My grandfather came to Florida from Pennsylvania. I really don't know much about my mom's side. I never knew my mom's dad. I was told he was walking, crossing the street, and was hit and killed by a truck when I was 6 mos. old. My grandmother came to Florida as a child, from Georgia. My "step-grandfather" was from Denver, but he and my grandmother never had kids together. In a nutshell, that's about all I know. This test will be interesting, but I'll really never know whether or not the results will be accurate.