PDA

View Full Version : Captain Trips!

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Geeze Louise but the flu is getting bad around these parts. In fact, I moved out a routine appointment with my doc today to a month later because the waiting rooms at doctor offices here are crammed with people who are sick. We have TWENTY school districts in Oklahoma closed right now due to flu. I travelled down to Arkansas yesterday to meet with some folks and they were all sick. I wouldn’t shake hands with any of them.

We’ve both had colds for the first time in a few years but luckily no flu yet. Seems like its only a matter of time though.

BKb

Thumper
02-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Yep, I caught the bug, but it was just a massive head (insert smart-assed comments here) cold. Sore throat for a few days, then I turned into a snot/phlegm factory. I did have a minor cough and was a bit run down, but never had the aches. pains and fever that accompany the flu. The main problem is, i thought it would never go away! I came down with it two days before my birthday (b/d 1/18) and it didn't go away until a couple days ago.

The odd part is, I NEVER get sick. Lynn is susceptible to most anything that comes along, but it's extremely rare that I catch anything. Not this time though, she had it for 2 full days, but I had it for 2 full weeks! BTW, we both get flu shots every year, but I'm not so sure what we had was actually the flu.

Trav
02-01-2018, 05:07 PM
I have been laid up since last Wednesday, went to work today thinking I was over the worst of it and ended up puking all over myself. Needless to say I am back home in bed.

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Sorry to hear that, Travster. Hope you are better soon.

When do they say you’re no longer contagious with this shit?

I’m sure your work mates appreciate all that dna!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 05:56 PM
And Oklahoma has had 92 deaths to the flu since last September. That’s an astounding number considering we’re in the 21st century.

We better figure this shit out dontcha think? Our CDC seemingly can’t hit the ground with its hat when it comes to an effective vaccine.

Johnboy, what is the Canuck flu season lookng like. I’m surprised that, with your socialized medicine, all of you ain’t dead already.

BKB

Trav
02-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I am sure they weren’t too happy with me. Hey you up for a trip to the white river in June? Me, JB and Paul got one planned.

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Count me in as long as I’m not diving somewhere. We usually go for two weeks in June and haven’t missed in twenty years but it looks like this year we might not go. Depends on the size of my tax refund! (right)

I’d sure like to go in warm weather. I’ve only gone in the winter.
BKB

Trav
02-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Plan on leaving Wednesday June 6th and coming home Saturday June 9th

DeputyDog
02-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Indiana has had 107 flu deaths as of last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Plan on leaving Wednesday June 6th and coming home Saturday June 9th

I’m there! We going to White Hole?
BKB

johnboy
02-01-2018, 07:49 PM
It's around for sure but the missus and I have escaped the worst of it so far although she is kinda peaked today. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm amazed that all the friggen rain we been getting hasn't drownded every flu virus on the coast!

Trav
02-01-2018, 07:50 PM
We will stay at the Y cabins but fish both the white and the Norfolk. In the same house we stayed at last time we were there.

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Sounds like a plan. I’d love to fish the whole norfork when the water isn’t at flood stage.

Last time I fished the Norfork, I tore my meniscus.

BKB

Hombre
02-01-2018, 10:31 PM
I drank beer at the y cabins but haven't ever really fished there

Trav
02-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Come on down Hombre

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 11:27 PM
I have a bunch of pictures somewhere of that trip. I may have fallen down some stairs at some point.

BKB

Hombre
02-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Love to, I am taking kat to Italy the week after

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Tell Cade to give me a call if he needs somebody to buy liquor for the party.

BKB