PDA

View Full Version : There was a time....

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2018, 08:14 PM
There was a time when I think that every person I knew had a cable spool table in their yard.

No way that’d be allowed these days. I’ve thought about it though.

BKB

Arty
02-02-2018, 08:18 PM
It’d make a hell of a poolside bar table!

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2018, 08:19 PM
That’s what I said!

BKb

Hombre
02-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Do it. You've always been the turd in the middle of the yuppie punch

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2018, 10:02 PM
You’re making me blush.

BKB

Thumper
02-03-2018, 12:35 PM
I had one and spent some time to get it pretty nice looking before I sealed it. It was great as a staging table next to the grill, but the major complaint I had was, I couldn’t scoot my chair far enough forward to actually sit at the table (the chair legs would hit the base). You can live with it, but it was a bit of a pita for me. ‘Course it’d prolly be perfect for me nowadays, I need belly room and can’t sit that close to the table anyway. :(

It’d be ideal to cut the base end down to a smaller diameter, but that’s kind of a pita in itself and detracts from the simplicity (labor wise).

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Mallard Fillmore and I were going to fish on our old lease one summer day and passed through a part of my hometown that is mainly Mexican families who came to work at the local chicken processing plant. Sitting in one back yard was a group of guys with big smiles sitting around a cable spool drinking beer with a window air conditioning unit sitting on the table with a big yellow extension cord running to the house.
Country boys of all nationalities can survive!
BKB

Thumper
02-03-2018, 01:00 PM
This thread got me ta' thinkin'. I had that table in California, but I'll be darned if I can remember whatever happened to it. I guess that's "old-timers" settin' in ... I have no clue, but I'd assume one of my buddies ended up with it one way or another.

Bwana
02-06-2018, 11:28 PM
I've got three of them in my north trees where we use them for tables around the fire pit.

How is that for redneck classy?