PDA

View Full Version : Is this a racist "Thump" soapbox post?

Thumper
03-06-2018, 12:52 PM
I think most of you who know me, also know I am far from being a racist, but sometimes I reach the point where "enough is enough"! I also have no problem with gays, until they start pushing their agenda non-stop. Sometimes, it gets a bit old, then I may start forming negative opinions about things I would normally have no problem with. Ellen DeGeneres is a funny lady. A bit ... no, a LOT on the Liberal side, but still funny. I remember her tv show, "ELLEN" in the mid-90's and I got so sick of hearing the constant, non-stop gay references, I finally reached the point I wanted to throw something through the television screen. It finally got to the point I no longer cared for her humor and quit watching. The show fizzled after 3-4 years. Now she has a talk show called "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and I watch it occasionally. She's funny, likable and fun to watch even if her political standing is totally opposite of mine. Why is the show funny now? Because she dropped her agenda of PUSHING the "gay thing" to the point of ridiculousness. And guess what? Her show has been going for 15 years now with no end in sight.

All that is just leading up to the latest thing that has been shoved up our asses for so long, I just want to kick anybody who bitches, right in the crotch. Again, enough is ENOUGH! This present Confederate bullshit is really starting to get old. It started with eliminating Confederate flags all over the country and has now turned into trying to eliminate every frigging Confederate STATUE in the country. ENOUGH ALREADY! Our gov't officials are so frigging worried about offending somebody, they've just turned into a group of "yes men". The tail wags the dog these days. I remember noticing some of the same after MLK was assassinated. Names of city parks were changed to honor him, buildings were named after him and I seriously doubt you can drive through any city with a population over 100 and not find a street named after him. No big deal really, but again, it finally gets pushed to the point I want to start ripping down street signs!

But I digress, I'll go back to the statue thing. Our weak-assed Florida legislature has folded to the pressure and has now voted to tear down and replace a statue of the Confederate General, Edmund Kirby Smith in the U.S. Capitol in Washington. It stands in the Capitol's Statuary Hall. But, what should we replace it with? The top two choices happen to be: #1 - A statue of Mary McLeod Bethune.

Granted, she accomplished a lot of positive things during her life-time, but what I'm wondering is, why are we replacing a historical statue which has been deemed racist, with a statue of Mary Bethune? A member of many organizations, including: Florida Federation of Colored Women (president, 1917-24); Southeast Federation of Colored Women (president, 1920-24); National Association of Colored Women (president, 1924-28); National Council of Negro Women (founder and president, 1935-49). She was awarded the NAACP Spingarn Medal in 1935.

And our Legislator's second choice? A statue of James Weldon Johnson. Runner up:

Johnson was a man of many talents, but according to Wiki, here are the biggies: James Weldon Johnson was an American author, educator, lawyer, diplomat, songwriter, and civil rights activist. Johnson is best remembered for his leadership of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), where he started working in 1917. In 1920 he was the first African American to be chosen as executive secretary of the organization, effectively the operating officer. He served in that position from 1920 to 1930. Johnson established his reputation as a writer, and was known during the Harlem Renaissance for his poems, novels, and anthologies collecting both poems and spirituals of black culture.

Does anyone see a common thread here? Or is it just me? SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of balls and put an end to this foolishness. But, that's JMHO. I have no clue what the major cause will be once all the statues have been ripped down. Sheeesh!

Big Muddy
03-06-2018, 01:16 PM
Thump, the problem is US---"white folks and others who work hard".....we're too busy working, trying to make a living for our families and pay our taxes.....we don't have "free time" on our hands to whine, piss and moan, complain, and grumble and get out in the streets, march, and protest.....WE pay the taxes, so those free-loaders CAN do that, and they're the ones that the politicians are hearing.....ya know, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."
People, in general, are SO afraid of being labeled a racist, and the race-baiters know that, and use it to get anything they want.....in actuality, they're more racists than anyone out there!!!

Thumper
03-06-2018, 02:38 PM
It's the same on TV commercials these days. It's odd, but 99% of the couples depicted in tv commercials nowadays, are salt & pepper teams with zebra kids. (sorry, just being a bit obnoxious now). Or, they'll show three kids sitting at the breakfast table eating cereal before leaving for school ... and it's 2 white kids and a black kid ... or vice versa. Huh? Where'd the "odd" one come from? Are there mixed couples in today's society, sure there are ... but if you watch much television, it appears mixed race couples are the norm and are in the majority. If not a mixed couple, you'll see two couples going to a fancy restaurant to eat ... one white couple and one black couple. If there's a commercial with a mixed married couple, or just two guys tinkering around in the garage, one is likely to be the intelligent, level-headed one and the other is a buffoon! Guess which one will always be made out to be the goofball? The television and advertising industries are so afraid of offending a particular group, they go overboard and it ends up being overly obvious which side they're afraid of offending in any way. Again, do I have a personal problem with this? No, not at all ... that is until I get the feeling it's being shoved down my throat every 3 minutes of every day. They try so hard to make it look "natural", it actually begins to leave an unnatural impression. Again, JMHO. (I don't want to offend anyone by assuming you agree with me) Me, of all people, shouldn't feel uncomfortable about mixed race couples!! But as stated in my first post ... enough is enough!

Captain
03-07-2018, 06:45 PM
I best not comment.....

LJ3
03-08-2018, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't fuck this post with someone elses willy.

Thumper
03-08-2018, 10:50 AM
No balls around this joint! ;)

Yeah, it's an uncomfortable subject any way you cut it, but if I hear one more SOB cryin' about a friggin' statue .... Grrrrrrrrrrr! :pissed

airbud7
03-08-2018, 11:20 AM
to many snowflake pussys running the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HnCfSsKfTU

they will lose in the next Civil War

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RdEmBqreZx0/UWH_YTyJ1_I/AAAAAAAAsHU/hsKCtl-bw0k/s640/redneck+guns.jpg

airbud7
03-08-2018, 11:28 AM
We need to go back to simpler times and cut out all this BS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlSjBAQixGI

Thumper
03-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Uhhhh, Airbud ... ya' gots ta' learn not to take things TOO far. :banghead

BarryBobPosthole
03-08-2018, 01:22 PM
In answer to your original question: fuck yeah it is.

BKb

Thumper
03-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Which question? The title itself?

Guilty ... well not really ... well maybe a little bit ... but not really. ;)

airbud7
03-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Uhhhh, Airbud ... ya' gots ta' learn not to take things TOO far. :banghead

you started it...now let's finish!

http://www.dreams.metroeve.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/dreams.metroeve_gallows-dreams-meaning-1024x811.jpg

https://media.click2houston.com/photo/2016/08/21/White%20Lives%20Matter_1471813424499_7752698_ver1. 0_1280_720.jpg

http://neguswhoread.com/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/media_a666f620-e6db-11e5-aa78-0193dca05497-mon5xwk1ktdbexeh2yz1wemn44sg4gchfgqc1iwwdk.jpg

:D

Hombre
03-08-2018, 02:25 PM
^^^This is why we can't have nice things ^^

Thumper
03-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Don't make me pull over and stop this car!

airbud7
03-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Good grief guys! .....I was only kidding!

y'all make me feel like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pJL7TRM00Y

:D

LJ3
03-09-2018, 10:29 AM
"I was only kidding" ain't really funny. Pull it together, dude. I'm half african american.

airbud7
03-09-2018, 11:13 AM
"I was only kidding" ain't really funny. Pull it together, dude. I'm half african american.

Don't pull your fucking race card on me DUDE!

I don't care if your purple/ and where did I EVER say Black?

Penguin
03-10-2018, 10:17 AM
I think Len's quote about someone else's willy is good advice for me. This thing is a very emotional subject and my honest opinion seems to light everyone up... on both "sides".

Sometimes I believe we should let the old ghosts fight the old battles.

Will