PDA

View Full Version : Day'um thing finally followed me home.....

Big Muddy
03-06-2018, 07:32 PM
I'll prolly die broke anyway, so I bit the bullet, and got what I've been wanting.

2018 Ford F150 Platinum Series in Shadow Black.....day'um thing even has vibrating and massage seats, and parallel parks itself !!! ;)

DeputyDog
03-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Nice looking ride. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
03-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Nice ride there Mudward! Oh, and sorry ... but I just can't help myself sometimes. :D

Big Muddy
03-06-2018, 07:59 PM
yep I’ll just drive slow and vibrate and massage my ass. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2018, 08:09 PM
Nice wheels Muddy!

I do love the smell of new paint. Let us know when you ‘inaugurate’ the back seat. Its a new car ritual at my house!

BKb

Chicken Dinner
03-06-2018, 09:46 PM
New paint!

Bwana
03-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Better take the polishing wheel to those tool boxes, they don't match the shine of the rest of the vehicle.

Congrats!

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Its still a Ford no matter how shiny it is.

This true life Ford story is going on in my life right now.

I bought my 35 year old daughter a 2013 Ford Fusion (i call it the Ford Confusion). Don’t ask why I had to finance a car for a 35 year old grown woman, but don’t get me started. Long story short, I bought the car, and made a financial arrangement where she’s making payments to me.
I normally shy away from Ford products and its admittedly on of those brand biases we talk about all the time here. But I was shopping used cars and this car looked like a value.
plus, one of my sons drove a Ford Focus like 300,000 miles and had very few issues with it. So I took a chance.
Six months later the engine showed it was overheating and went into protect mode when it wasn’t overheating at all. It turned out to be a sensor issue and was covered on a Ford recall. Sensor replaced for free, no probs. Then about six weeks ago her engine overheated and about the same time I get a recall notice from Ford saying that the sensor issue also affected the water pump. The Ford place also discovered it had a cracked cylinder head and told me all would be covered by Ford. The cylinder head has been on backorder from the manufacturer (not Ford for some reason) for six frigging weeks now. When I talked to the service manager on Monday he said that they had recieved notice it’d be 5-6 months before the cylinder head would be available. So they had filed paperwork with Ford to replace the entire engine and they fully expected it’d be approved. W. T. F.?

I’m torn between being impressed they’d stand behind their product and demanding my money back based on my state’s lemon laws. Talk about ridiculous.

Whatever engineer designed that cooling system needs to have his frigging head examined. What a POS.

BkB

Thumper
03-07-2018, 10:40 AM
NOT to add sand to the Vaseline, but ask B/S about changing the spark plugs when he got HIS Phord. ;)

airbud7
03-07-2018, 10:47 AM
hey, that's pretty muddy!

that don't sound right?^....:D

Big Muddy
03-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Better take the polishing wheel to those tool boxes, they don't match the shine of the rest of the vehicle.

Congrats!

You are correct, Bwana, those chrome tool boxes have been transferred from my last three trucks.....they still work like new, but you’re right, I gotta get around to polishing them up.

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2018, 01:14 PM
I like those side toolboxes like that. Mallard had them on his truck and you can stuff a lot of shotguns, bullet bags, and dekes in boxes like that and have plenty of room in the cab for the pooch.

BKb

johnboy
03-07-2018, 03:55 PM
Beauty truck! Did you get the 5.0l or the Ecoboost? How do you like the Auto Start/Stop feature? I'd have that turned off toot sweet.

Captain
03-07-2018, 06:40 PM
That’s a nice looking ride there Mudward! Congrats.
I’m in the mood also but I had to buy my DIL a car as she totaled hers.
So mine in on hold for a bit.
And of course mine will have a bow tie in the grill....

Big Muddy
03-07-2018, 06:56 PM
JBoy, I drove my son's 3.5 Ecoboost, and it'll smoke the tires and pull a 21 ft. trailer-full of ATV's, so I decided that's all I would need, too.....plus, I'm getting a consistent 20-22 mpg, so I'm thrilled with it.

As for the auto-start/stop feature, there's an off/on button on my dash to control that.....I really like the pre-collision feature, too.....it's already saved me a t-bone fender-bender, when an azzhole tried to beat a red light, about a week ago.

And, the dang steering wheel vibrates like h3ll, if you start running off the road....then, if you still don't correct it, the steering slowly and automatically brings you back into your lane.....there's buttons and features I haven't even discovered, yet.....heck, I might find a nekkid dancing gal under the hood. ;)

Arty
03-08-2018, 08:40 AM
Those Platinum models are pimped out to the max! Nice ride!

LJ3
03-08-2018, 10:22 AM
I like the Platinums! If it weren't a ford, I'd buy one :)

Nice ride Eddie!

Big Muddy
03-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Thru the years, I’ve owned at least two of the Big 3’s trucks and cars, with a Nissan and Toyota in there, too.....I can honestly say they’ve all been pretty darn good vehicles....however, I’m not real hard on a vehicle, which may account for my humble opinion.

BarryBobPosthole
03-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Let us know when you name it. Or maybe we’ll just name it for you.

BKb

Thumper
03-08-2018, 01:25 PM
Let us know when you name it. Or maybe we’ll just name it for you. BKb

Once ya' name 'em, ya' gots ta' christen 'em! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-08-2018, 01:56 PM
He ignored my post about christening his truck. I think he might need a stunt double considering his advanced age.

BKB

Thumper
03-08-2018, 02:23 PM
I noticed that. Stunt DOUBLE?? Does that mean, if I fill in for the old geezer, I get to christen it TWICE? ;)

Big Muddy
03-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Well, we are still flooded down here.....my house is the only thing around here that's still above the flood water.....all entrance roads to my house are under about 18" of water, which we have to drive thru to get in and out, now.....last week we were boating in and out.....so, believe me, my new truck has been "christened"......but, not in the way ya'll are talking about.....she's been christened with water, up to the fenders. ;););)

BTW, I've lived here all my life, and the last time I saw flood water this high was in 1958, when I was 9 years old.....it sucked back then, and it sucks, now !!!

Bwana
03-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear it eddie.

Too much water is never fun.

LJ3
03-09-2018, 10:30 AM
When it floods like that, do the fish come up that far? Just looking for a silver lining for you Eddie!

Arty
03-09-2018, 11:27 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180309/ea1b663fbf0c9abbf50ae82510e07807.jpg

Eddie, does the platinum package come with this?

Big Muddy
03-09-2018, 01:40 PM
^^^^^Hey, man, no sheeit, I really like that idea, whether I'm waiting on the tow truck or not !!! ^^^^^
Might wanna add some padding to the seats, however. ;)

(P.S. HA !!!....You might wanna rethink your Ford-dissing pic.....those aren't Ford tail lights.....looks like a Douche' Ram.....just noticing. ;););) )

johnboy
03-09-2018, 03:11 PM
I've been pretty happy with the Fords I've owned. Had a 1980 F150 farm truck that I kept for 11 years with no issues at all (once I had all the pollution crap removed). Did a buncha years with Chev/GMC and they were all good trucks as well. Bought the Mustang in 2012 and its been great except for the crappy factory Pirelli tires. Swapped for Michelins and beauty. This F350 Super Duty I have now has been 100%. Not a single issue. Great truck! If it wasn't a bit large as a daily driver, I'd keep it forever.

Noticed that Ford is bringing the Ranger back after a long absence. Good deal. The only small trucks out there right now are the Tacoma, Frontier and Canyon/Colorado.

Arty
03-09-2018, 03:54 PM
^^^^^Hey, man, no sheeit, I really like that idea, whether I'm waiting on the tow truck or not !!! ^^^^^
Might wanna add some padding to the seats, however. ;)

(P.S. HA !!!....You might wanna rethink your Ford-dissing pic.....those aren't Ford tail lights.....looks like a Douche' Ram.....just noticing. ;););) )

I just thought it was a funny meme. I had a F150 SCrew once. Long story but now I have a Barbie Jeep

Bwana
03-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Does that come with its own specially licensed nipple covers and tights?

(Sorry, but couldn't resist.)

Arty
03-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Does that come with its own specially licensed nipple covers and tights?

(Sorry, but couldn't resist.)
Do you need to borrow a stool, or do you have one of your own?