PDA

View Full Version : concluding the birthday fiasco.

LW
01-19-2013, 08:06 PM
We decided to have friends and family over today for the big 40 bash. Enjoyed some great food (steamed crab legs, shrimp, mussels, oysters and all the fixins), great company, and basically ate until we were sick. Ran everyone off and kicked back now. Turned on some Clapton, dug deep into the humidor for a contraband cigar (screw the embargo) and pulled a quart jar of apple pie juice out of the freezer. Now it's time to figure out my battle plan for the next 40 years. Sure hope I dont learn as many hard lessons this half of life as I did the first half.

LJ3
01-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a great time, buddy. I got breakfast in bed, went to a swim meet, took a nap, and had dinner out with people I love and had chinese people sing happy birthday with thick accents while banging a gong. Good times :) Chillaxing and getting ready to pull a 16 hour IT implementation tomorrow.

BarryBobPosthole
01-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Sounds like both of you guys had a good one. Hope you have many moreto celebrate!
BKB

LJ3
01-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I had someone hook me up with my new favorite underwear and amazing attention to detail and thoughtfulness in getting me some yamamoto twin tail hula skirt grubs in green pumpkin with some nice fishing pants with the zipper legs. Musta watch an episode or two of the LJFS :)

Life seems much simpler after 50 :)

BarryBobPosthole
01-19-2013, 10:30 PM
I'll bet when you were 30 you never thought you'd type the words 'fishing pants with zipper legs'. Hell I'll be 60 next year and I can't imagine saying them.

BKB

LJ3
01-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Hehehe, you are absolutely correct. It wasn't until our trip on the 'Doah that I ever considered it. Larke's preaching on about them made me a believer!