PDA

View Full Version : This thread is totally pointless ....

Thumper
04-21-2018, 08:45 AM
... but it's just hard to believe how close it worked out to be.

I'm still out of town, but my buddy and I were emailing last night about the estate sales we attended separately yesterday. (we normally go together when I'm at home) Anyway, I was checking the internet to see if there's anything interesting going on in this area today and found a sale that looked really interesting. There were photos of all sorts of stuff my bud and I are interested in. The sale is being held today only, so I had to be a smart-ass and rub it in a little about the really cool sale I will be attending and he's not here to tag along.

As I was getting ready to email him a few pics to rub it in, I noticed the sale is in Sarasota! Dang! I'm in Ft. Myers this weekend, but for some reason the ad showed it as a local sale. Bummer. Oh well, I wanted to send him the pics anyway, so I just joked around about it being midway between here and home, so I'll meet him half way.

Now here's the only real point of this worthless post. For some silly reason, no clue why, I just wondered who would have to drive the farthest (or furthest? Are those the same?) and looked it up on MapQuest. I checked from our hotel here to the sale, then checked from my house to the sale. I couldn't believe how close it REALLY is (drive time/distance) to the mid-way point. Ya' couldn't get much closer than this if you tried!

My house to sale: 1 hr. 18 mins/83.8 mi.
My hotel to sale: 1 hr. 16 mins/83.4 mi.

Ha ha ha! Like I said, this post is TOTALLY pointless ... I was just baffled as to how close the address of the sale really is to being the midway point! ;)

Arty
04-21-2018, 02:29 PM
You been smokin weed, or what?

johnboy
04-21-2018, 03:06 PM
You need to wear a hat when out in the sun. :biggrin

Thumper
04-21-2018, 06:33 PM
Well .... I thought it was interesting.

Captain
04-22-2018, 09:43 AM
Well, sorta along those same line. This gig I got working for Postholes President I travel all over the state of NC. Lots of steering wheel time. When I completed my vehicle log this week after returning from a long run I knoticed for two weeks in a row I traveled exactly 601 Miles. I had to check the math when it came up the same as the week before because I was in totally different areas of the state.

Thumper
04-22-2018, 10:42 AM
Good one Cap! It reminded me of a similar thing for me. When I lived in Memphis, I took a job at the GM Assembly Plant in Arlington, Texas. I'd go back to Memphis every other weekend or so, to visit family/friends, and I'd "bootleg" Coors Beer (this was in 1970-71 ... Smokey and the Bandit didn't come out until 1977) to cover my expenses. I'll tell you what, you could fit a LOT of beer into the trunk of a '60 Pontiac Catalina!

Anyway, I could reset the trip odometer before pulling out of my parents driveway in Memphis and as I would pull into my apartment parking space in Texas (or vice-versa), the odometer would roll over to EXACTLY 500 miles ... on the dot!

BarryBobPosthole
04-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Wow. That is AMAZING. Both you can count up into three digit numbers. With mechanical aids of course.

But still.

Amazing.

And some really out of this world noticing sklls too!

BKb