PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday and a Vacation Question

BarryBobPosthole
05-07-2018, 12:43 PM
My wife and I are driving down to Dauphin Island for a week with her family in a couple of weeks.
I used to frequent the area a bit when I was in the service and stationed in Biloxi. I would imagine its changed a little in the 40 years since then.

Anybody have any recommendations? I’m taking what passes for a surf pole and plan to sit and sip and surf fish a bit. Any recommendations there?

Hope everyone has a great week! Its gonna be pretty weather here all week. I plan to spend 99% of my waking hours out in it.

BKb

River1
05-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Little BBQ place in Orange beach has the best seafood in the area. Can't remember the name but everything was fresh and pretty yummy. Place looks like a little white shack. There is a little zoo in Gulf Shores that's pretty cool if you want to wrestle with some tiger cubs or hold some lemurs. Pretty cool little place. We drove over to Pensacola last time we were in the area and and went through the air and space museum. Go to FloraBama and have 4-5 Bushwackers. You're welcome ;-). Bring me back a T-shirt... My size is medium husky..

Chicken Dinner
05-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Don’t you need a job in order to take a vacation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
05-07-2018, 03:35 PM
I’ve evolved from working for my beans.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-07-2018, 04:37 PM
I, too, hope to evolve some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arty
05-08-2018, 04:03 AM
If me and mine were going to Dauphin island, Fort Morgan would be on the list. With a teacher as a wife, and a teenager that is a history lover, it would likely be our first POI.
I went to Dauphin Island as a kid. I remember fishing, fishing, and we did some fishing.