PDA

View Full Version : I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Cindy B
05-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Hello members and fellow liars. (?) I may have some time to post and chit chat now that I am retired. Working has been a hell of a ride. I am broken and tired. Worked for the State of Connecticut for too many years doing facility maintenance, which translates to fixing everything the students break. I also plowed snow with the good old boys. (only one other female on staff)
I really enjoyed the plowing and driving the equipment. The rough talk never bothered me. The maintenance, on the other hand, was probably the worst job of all. I am the type of person who gets satisfaction of a job well done, but then to see it destroyed by young adults who feel entitled....well, a long story for later.
You all helped me through the tough time of losing my dog, Dutchess, and I have a new dog now. I am happy.
Still married to the same great guy, Larry...going on 19 years now. We are traveling to Texas in a month to see the runt of the litter get hitched! Oh joy!
While working for the State, I tore my meniscus, and fractured both wrists. That set me back considerably from hunting, and even fishing. I am glad to report that I went out last fall deer hunting after five tears of not being able to because of the injuries. My lips cracked from smiling under my camo! ( I wear a full face mask) Damn, that is the reason for living. Peace and quiet.
I miss you guys......you always made me laugh.

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Welcome back Cindy B! And welcome to the the ranks of us free thinkers, checkers players, and commentators. Its a rewarding occupation, believe me.

Be careful down amongst them Texicans.

BkB

Thumper
05-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Cindy B!
Long time, no see!
I'm a poet and don't know it.
My feet show it,
They're long fellows! ;)

Welcome back and congrats on the retirement.

Cindy B
05-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Thank you!

Arty
05-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Welcome back to the fold. Not much has changed, Kribbs just got a lot fuglier, that’s about it.
Besides that, you are all caught up.

Chicken Dinner
05-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Don’t be a stranger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
05-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Welcome home young lady.

Any pics from your deer hunt?

LJ3
05-09-2018, 09:50 AM
Hi Cindy B! Welcome back and get yourself on the mend.