PDA

View Full Version : Cap and Ed

quercus alba
05-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Seems like every hayfield in this part of the country is getting their first cutting this week and the Bahia hasn't even come up yet. What's it like in your part of the world?

Captain
05-10-2018, 02:32 PM
We been baling for about a month. I still got PLENTY to cut and bale also.
Just finished our first field of fescue square bales. What we have been baling round bales of winter grass till now.

Big Muddy
05-10-2018, 06:42 PM
QA, the landowner of my turkey lease is a big cattle producer.....owns his own livestock sales yard.....we've had some pretty consistent inclement weather here, and he just started baling about 2 weeks ago.....row crop farmers have completed corn planting, and are finishing up soybean planting, and cotton is about 50% completed.....weather caused a slow and late start to the growing season, but on a scale of 1-10, I'd say the crops, which have emerged, look like about a 9.....farmers are running me ragged, right now, but that's what I get paid to do. ;)

quercus alba
05-11-2018, 08:11 AM
Lots of red clover and dallis grass here. Bahia a little later. Lespedeza and persimmon bushes and Johnson grass make up a big part of the hay crop here. A couple of guys plant a little alfalfa and costal Bermuda.

It's killing my allergies

Chicken Dinner
05-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Lots of red clover and dallis grass here. Bahia a little later. Lespedeza and persimmon bushes and Johnson grass make up a big part of the hay crop here. A couple of guys plant a little alfalfa and costal Bermuda.

It's killing my allergies

I’ve got to cut the grass in the back yard almost twice a week the last few weeks. Does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
05-11-2018, 10:17 AM
It only counts as hay if you're baling it, otherwise it's just grass

Thumper
05-11-2018, 11:30 AM
How 'bout if ya' smoke it? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2018, 02:40 PM
How 'bout if ya' smoke it? ;)

That counts.

BKB