PDA

View Full Version : Odds

BarryBobPosthole
06-11-2018, 10:53 AM
What the over/under on the meeting in Singapore being a total clusterfuck?

The idea that Kim is going to give up the only thing that he has going for him is preposterous.

Just another photo op.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-11-2018, 11:13 AM
No worries. I figure it to go at least as well as the G-7 summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
06-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Screw Jong Un, we just got a nice Monday morning rain, which was badly needed.....think I'll just watch today's college baseball playoff games.....oh yeah, btw, MS State punched our ticket to the CWS at 1:30 am, last night.....gotta beat those newbies, Washington Huskies, next !!! ;)

Thumper
06-11-2018, 12:13 PM
I think things will go very, very nicely. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-12-2018, 04:49 PM
One thing you can say about this North Koreal ‘deal’. It is indeed a helluva lot different than the Iran deal.

BKB

Arty
06-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Here ya go.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180612/1dda1759051c9acbe731962db3c88a32.jpg

Chicken Dinner
06-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Here ya go.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180612/1dda1759051c9acbe731962db3c88a32.jpg

That’s about as likely as Thump picking the the old lady over the Thai lady-Boy.

Arty
06-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Haters gonna hate!

BarryBobPosthole
06-12-2018, 07:48 PM
If you think that is a binding treary then you might need to revisit civics class. That ain’t worth the paper it is written on.

FYi, any binding treaty with another nation has to be approved by 2/3s of congress. Otherwise it is non-binding and only as good as Trumps word. And we know what a leaky vessel that it, given how he just fucked over most of our allies and reneged on the Iran deal with no just cause.
BKB

Arty
06-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Who said the word Treaty ??

Arty
06-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Ouch.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/0f059ead8f1aed12bc52e9e0719fc21a.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
06-12-2018, 09:34 PM
You guys are one trick ponies. He ain’t done shit except suck Kim’s dick.

BKB

Arty
06-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Time will tell. For the world’s sake, I hope I’m right, and you are wrong.
You should hope the same!
Seoul has more people than NYC and lies 50 miles from Kim’s nuke missiles.
He could wipe out millions.
I hope the orange devil man evil horrible Russian lover makes a deal.

Trav
06-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Time will tell. For the world’s sake, I hope I’m right, and you are wrong.
You should hope the same!
Seoul has more people than NYC and lies 50 miles from Kim’s nuke missiles.
He could wipe out millions.
I hope the orange devil man evil horrible Russian lover makes a deal.

The libs would prefer he nuke Seoul so they could squawk about Trump failing than a having a denuclearized North Korea.

Thumper
06-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Trump can accomplish more in a month than O'bummer could accomplish in 8 years! AND, he even gets it done with Congress and the press working against his every move. It's about time we had somebody with balls in office.

I have no idea if this will work out ... but why poo-poo the effort before even knowing how things will turn out? Sheeesh, the whiny-ass Left would find a reason to bitch and moan if Trump discovered a cure for cancer!

Chicken Dinner
06-13-2018, 05:49 AM
The Congress has been working against him?!? Are you high? With the exception of one temporary delay in ACA repeal, they’ve rubber stamped every yahoo he’s nominated, passed the legislation he’s requested and held up the Mueller investigation at every turn. Im not sure what else you could want from them.

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2018, 07:39 AM
Trump’s quote from this morning. “There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea”.

That’s the problem Jim. This guy is nothing but a half assed bullshit artist.

BKb

DeputyDog
06-13-2018, 07:53 AM
I have a question. I’m not old enough to know, but what was the reaction at the time when Nixon went to China? Didn’t he get in bed with the commies and do so at the expense of our ally Taiwan?

Now it is seen as a major accomplishment and the one Good thing that came from his Presidency. Could this be something similar?

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2018, 08:17 AM
No. This is nothing like China and Nixon.
BKB

Thumper
06-13-2018, 09:30 AM
The Congress has been working against him?!? Are you high? With the exception of one temporary delay in ACA repeal, they’ve rubber stamped every yahoo he’s nominated, passed the legislation he’s requested and held up the Mueller investigation at every turn. Im not sure what else you could want from them.

How 'bout his spending plan earlier this year? He tried to cut out the bullshit programs and use the money to get the military back where it belongs. Congress was afraid their constituents (read; recipients of these programs) would nail them in the mid-terms, so it didn't fly. DACA? Uphill battle from the start. Tariffs and the so-called trade war. NATO? UN? We get screwed financially, Trump wants to change that, Congress fights him. We put Trump in office because he's a businessman ... NOT because he's a politician, yet we complain when he ACTS like a businessman instead of a politician! It's a vicious circle. I hate to play tit-for-tat because there's no end to it. We can sit here all day shooting at each other, but what does it prove? Trump was put into office for a reason ... I'd like to give him a chance at the unorthodox ... THAT'S what got him elected .... obviously the alternative hasn't been working. He makes me cringe. He makes me nervous at times. Sometimes I'd like to plant my foot up his ass. But my "dark side" likes what he's doing. At least it's not the same ol', same ol'.

Thumper
06-13-2018, 09:43 AM
Trump’s quote from this morning. “There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea”.

That’s the problem Jim. This guy is nothing but a half assed bullshit artist. BKb

And an additional quote from Trump:

"I think he's going to do these things. I may be wrong, I mean, I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey I was wrong," Trump said of Kim. "

What's wrong with giving it a chance? That's all the Left does, criticize every move he makes. They'd prefer the Status Quo. How's THAT been working out?

DeputyDog
06-13-2018, 09:54 AM
No. This is nothing like China and Nixon.
BKB

Ok. How so? Enlighten me.

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Sure!

First off, the objective in China wasn’t to denuclearize them but to use them as a lever against Russia. 1972, you may recall from your spermatazoa stage, was the height of the Cold War with Russia. The negotiation were about opening relations between two countries that hadn’t communicated in decades.
North Korea and the US have made many pacts over the past forty years and contrary to popular belief, we have had man sit down talks with them. No president until now has given the concessions we already have. NK has made many promises to end their dispute with SK, get rid of their nuclear programs, and re onsolidate with the south. But they’ve reneged every time.

it doesn’t mean we shoupdn’t keep trying and hopefully we can finally do it. But that doesn’t mean past US leaders haven’t done what they couldor should and it doesn’t mean that we should suddenly declare the nuclear threat is over before we’ve done a single thing except hamstring our armed forces training and coordination with our SK allies.

BKB

quercus alba
06-13-2018, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about burning bridges with some of our allies. Maybe it's time we let some of them stand on their on two feet and stopped being an interest free bank for the rest of the world. I don't suppose there is a solution that will please everyone, only time will tell how this summits results will play out

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2018, 10:37 AM
Almost any macro-economist will tell you that the exact opposite is true. We are the ones getting free purchasing power for nothing.

BKB

DeputyDog
06-13-2018, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info. I was 3 in 1972 BTW.

So if the endgame of the China visit was to “stick it” to Russia, could part of the reason for this one be to try to pry some space between NK and China since China is getting aggressive in the South China Sea?

Big Skyz
06-13-2018, 01:56 PM
"How 'bout his spending plan earlier this year? He tried to cut out the bullshit programs and use the money to get the military back where it belongs. Congress was afraid their constituents (read; recipients of these programs) would nail them in the mid-terms, so it didn't fly. DACA? Uphill battle from the start. Tariffs and the so-called trade war. NATO? UN? We get screwed financially, Trump wants to change that, Congress fights him. We put Trump in office because he's a businessman ... NOT because he's a politician, yet we complain when he ACTS like a businessman instead of a politician! It's a vicious circle. I hate to play tit-for-tat because there's no end to it. We can sit here all day shooting at each other, but what does it prove? Trump was put into office for a reason ... I'd like to give him a chance at the unorthodox ... THAT'S what got him elected .... obviously the alternative hasn't been working. He makes me cringe. He makes me nervous at times. Sometimes I'd like to plant my foot up his ass. But my "dark side" likes what he's doing. At least it's not the same ol', same ol'."

Thump, I feel exactly the same way you do about Trump. I never know whether I want to shake his hand or kick him in the teeth. One thing I do know for sure is the alternative was far worse, and absolutely nothing good can come out of Hillary Clinton. Every day I wake up grateful she was not elected!!!

airbud7
06-13-2018, 10:45 PM
defeating Hillary was enough for me ....everything else is just icing on the cake...:D

https://i.imgflip.com/1e1xe4.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lQK-QGh318c/hqdefault.jpg

https://www.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/trump-win1laugh.jpg

https://memestatic.fjcdn.com/pictures/Liberal+tears+for+the+next+8+years+liberal+tears+f or_bc1cc6_6162335.jpg

Pussys I tell ya!

Big Muddy
06-14-2018, 12:47 AM

LJ3
06-14-2018, 09:55 AM
The libs would prefer he nuke Seoul so they could squawk about Trump failing than a having a denuclearized North Korea.

That right there, is correct. And fuckin' sad. But I remember feeling that way about Obama. I wanted him to fail at everything he did when he first took office. I was salty and butthurt. It makes me a hypocrite but it also taught me a lesson I'll try to keep in mind next time I'm in the position of choosing between my personal political opinions and what's best for my Country.

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2018, 02:17 PM
There ain’t nobody wants Kim to nuke anyfuckingbody. That total bullshit and you know it.

But according to Trump the threat is over. Nothing else is necessary.

And as I’ve said before its the counting of chickens before they are hatched that isthe act of a fool.

If Obama did this you’d be crucifying him.

BKB

airbud7
06-14-2018, 03:11 PM
There ain’t nobody wants Kim to nuke anyfuckingbody. That total bullshit and you know it.

But according to Trump the threat is over. Nothing else is necessary.

Still getting your news from CNN I see.

Why Democrats lie so much then scream at the sky we you get caught?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NV3ZSUwqNBI/maxresdefault.jpg

Trav
06-14-2018, 06:30 PM
That right there, is correct. And fuckin' sad. But I remember feeling that way about Obama. I wanted him to fail at everything he did when he first took office. I was salty and butthurt. It makes me a hypocrite but it also taught me a lesson I'll try to keep in mind next time I'm in the position of choosing between my personal political opinions and what's best for my Country.

I certainly did not agree with much of what Obama did but I never wanted him to fail to the detriment of the country. I have seen more than one prominent liberal mouthpiece say they hope for a recession so Trump will fail and various other similar statements.