PDA

View Full Version : Good eats

quercus alba
06-22-2018, 07:33 PM
A man that don't like liver smothered in gravy and onions with mashed taters needs his taste buds rebooted cause something is wrong with them

Arty
06-22-2018, 08:17 PM
Amen to that Brother!!!
You may be talking about beef or calf liver. I love calf liver, but CHICKEN liver is where life happens!
Plus all you mentioned after the word “liver”.

Big Skyz
06-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Gross!

quercus alba
06-22-2018, 08:59 PM
good thing Sky lives in cattle country and shoots huge mule deer cause he'd starve to death in the south with our chitlins and collard greens

BarryBobPosthole
06-22-2018, 09:13 PM
I don’t eat innards.

BKB

quercus alba
06-22-2018, 09:19 PM
if you eat commercial hamburger you do. I've ground many a beef heart up with burger, gives it a rich red beefy color

BarryBobPosthole
06-22-2018, 10:03 PM
I’ve been grinding more and more of my own stuff lately. I’ve been working on my breakfast sausage and italian sausage and I’m pretty proud of it. The main reason was I wanted to know what is in my sausage.
I reckon hamburger oughta be next.

BKB

Thumper
06-22-2018, 10:59 PM
A man that don't like liver smothered in gravy and onions with mashed taters needs his taste buds rebooted cause something is wrong with them

I’m with you 100% on that one! It’s way up there on my love-it list!

Odd thing is, I hate chicken livers, although Lynn makes a killer rumaki that I just can’t get enough of! Go figure.

BarryBobPosthole
06-23-2018, 07:40 AM
I will eat chicken gizzards. There is agas station in Pine Bluff Arkansas that has the best gizzards in the land.

But other than that, I don’t eat innards.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-23-2018, 08:45 AM
I’ll eat the gizzard, heart and liver iutnofna chicken and always throw them in the bottom of my roasting pan. I don’t mind beef liver and onions, but I won’t go out of my way to eat it either.

I had a bite of the kidney from the pig we roasted this spring and it wasn’t bad. But, I don’t want a whole meal out of it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
06-23-2018, 12:02 PM
QA, you can add hot dogs, viennie sausages, potted meat, and Spam to your list of meats with organs added, too.....man, I love 'em all, even though I stirred the cooking kettles for Bryan Brothers Packing Co. back in the '70's, during college.....and, I don't hafta tell ya'll how much I love boilt chittlin's. ;)

Thumper
06-23-2018, 12:39 PM
I will eat chicken gizzards. There is a gas station in Pine Bluff Arkansas that has the best gizzards in the land. BKB

P-hole, I could probably eat my weight in "good" fried chicken gizzards. Like you, there was a gas station down here that had the best I've ever had and I was a regular customer. But, they sold out to Circle-K about 10 years ago and they did away with the deli. We do have a little chicken shack in the "darker" part of town here that serves the best alternative we've found (it's just a drive-thru, no inside tables). Theirs are darn good, but not a match for that old Shell station. :(

johnboy
06-23-2018, 01:15 PM
I'm with Postie - I don't eat guts. My wife loves liver and onions and it about gags me to watch her eat it. Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

BarryBobPosthole
06-23-2018, 03:35 PM
I just was at the store and bought a chuck to grind into burger.

BKb

Thumper
06-23-2018, 05:33 PM
I just was at the store and bought a chuck to grind into burger. BKb

Dang! It wasn't a Krauthammer was it? :hair

Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor sometimes. :(