PDA

View Full Version : You ever wanna just slap the sheeit outta somebody???.....

Big Muddy
06-23-2018, 01:49 PM
After everything I've done for the kids, grandkids, and every other family member, I am now a selfish ingrate for buying a new truck.....g'son's truck has bit the dust, after only a few months, which I'm not surprised because it was a gas-guzzling piece of sheeit to begin with, and I told the parents it was a junker, but I still dropped the cash for a big portion of the purchase price.

I was recently informed by my d-i-l that since I had enough bling to buy a new truck for myself, then I oughta step up, and just give my g'son MY new truck, and go buy myself something else.

I offered to give the boy a job this summer, but so far, nobody has showed up.....it's about time I start throwing down with some tough love.

quercus alba
06-23-2018, 02:40 PM
Starting with slapping the DIL then anyone else that objected

Chicken Dinner
06-23-2018, 02:49 PM
I’d be having a stern talked ng ti with my son about his wife. That level of entitlement is a good way to get written out of the will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
06-23-2018, 03:29 PM
I think your idea of providing a job is a good one. I know nothing about the age of the kid but it’d be good for him to be around you for the summer and learn a thing or two.

its likely too late for the DIL.

BKB

Thumper
06-23-2018, 05:26 PM
No words .... but I've seen/heard it before. Welcome to the age of entitlement.

My brother had an old car he ran into the ground. To him, as long as it starts and moves under it's own power, you don't have to do anything to it. It finally died and sat in front of his apartment for over a year while he bummed rides from anyone who'd give him one. I finally went over with a buddy and towed the thing to my house where I worked on it for about a month. I had most of the stuff I needed, but ended up buying about $100 worth of parts. Lynn and I were leaving on a cruise in a couple of weeks, so I wanted to get it out of my driveway. I cleaned it all up, drove it over to him, told him all I had done to it (prolly would have cost him $1500 or more in a shop) and told him he owed me $100. He had a fit! He then told me he didn't ASK me to work on it so he didn't owe me shit. He then called me a cheap sob and said, if I can afford a cruise, what's a measly $100? I ended up grabbing him by the throat, shoved him into his apartment and told him to sign the title over to me or he AND his car would end up driving off the end of the Daytona Beach pier! He signed the title over, I sold the POS for $800, put $700 in an envelope and knocked on his door. He opened it, I threw the envelope into his apartment and left.

That was probably 15 years ago and I haven't spoken to him one time since that day. (I've never liked the a-hole anydamnway)

Big Muddy
06-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Dang !!!.....memo to self, "Don't fook with the Thump" !!!!!. ;)

airbud7
06-23-2018, 06:03 PM

+1 ....Thumper will put a Thumping on yo azz quick!....:D

PS: thinking bout taking my facebook friend request back...he scare me!...:D

Thumper
06-23-2018, 06:39 PM

Ha! I was younger and in perfect health at that time, but once the blood pressure hits the roof and the adrenaline kicks in, I think I could still take him down! The problem is, once I calmed down, it'd prolly take me a couple weeks to recover. :(

LJ3
06-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Thump & Eddie's stories are why my sister and I only talk to one single relative we have. They are ALL like that. Living their entire, entitled lives with their hands out and if you don't help, you're a selfish asshole. For example, my cousin is my age. Still lives in his Moms basement and has driven the poor woman in to bankruptcy multiple times; also refuses to get some "menial job".

Some say blood is family and all that; fuck those people. I have friends that are far more honorable and I consider to be my family.

BarryBobPosthole
06-25-2018, 09:59 AM
Neither of my parents finished high school and came from families where everyone’s contribution was required to put beans on the table. Their mantra to me when my sibs and i were growing up was that they wanted life to be better and easier for us than it was for them. Naturally that became one of my own objectives when raisng my kids.
I’m not so sure that wasn’t a huge mistake. We can point to a lot of things that may or may not have contributed to the state of affairs we find ourselves in, but those of my generation have to pony up to the responsibility of creating much of it ourowndamnselves.

And just as an aside, when I was doing an unpleasant chore and complained to my parents that I thought they wanted it to be easier for me, I usually got some more added on. And it was good for a laugh.

BKB

Bwana
06-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Wow eddie, WOW! Just shaking my head that anyone would have the audacity to even think something like that let alone say it out loud.

Your offer to allow him to put in some time and earn it, is SPOT on!

Good luck sir.

LJ3
06-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Seriously Eddie... let's you and me get likkered up and do a yard job on their front lawn with your spanking new truck. We'll all feel better, garan-damn-tee-ya!