PDA

View Full Version : RIP John McCain

BarryBobPosthole
08-26-2018, 08:58 AM
The Maverick is gone and we’re a bunch worse off for his departure.

RIP and thank you.

BKB

Thumper
08-26-2018, 10:00 AM
Yeppers ... I had all the respect in the world for him. I didn't always agree with him, but that has nothing to do with respecting a man.

I have to admit, I'm loving the Trump Train, but the disparaging remarks he threw out about McCain, ruffled my feathers a bit.

RIP Mr. McCain.

Captain
08-26-2018, 11:58 AM
Chew-Choooooooooooooo

Penguin
08-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Funny how the country's views of McCain changed over time. I personally disagreed with him on immigration, free trade, and most of the wars we've been fighting. But he had some good qualities as well.

Rest in peace.

Will

airbud7
08-26-2018, 01:46 PM
Rip John

https://altnewsmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/Trump-Train-696x464.jpg

Big Muddy
08-26-2018, 08:37 PM
We had a Vietnam vet speak to our American Legion post, last year, who was a POW in the camp next to McCain, and knew him well.....since McCain has passed, I will not repeat what the vet stated as fact in his presentation to us.
I have no problem with him personally, but disagreed with most of his political stances, and considered him a true RINO.

BarryBobPosthole
08-27-2018, 08:41 AM
Thanks for your service, Muddy! Appreciate ya bud.

BKB

LJ3
08-27-2018, 03:55 PM
I may be in the minority here but I wish people could talk about him without the asterisk of 'oh yeah, pow, hero.' He's no more or less a hero than any war time vet. It's not like he had a choice of being a POW. Politically, he ruffled feathers and I'm fine with that, agree or not. He wasn't a maverick imo.

He seemed a dedicated and loving family man. That's good enough for me.

Thumper
08-27-2018, 04:58 PM
"He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured." :stirthepot

BarryBobPosthole
08-27-2018, 05:05 PM
"He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured." :stirthepot

....said they guy who never served a millisecond. Mr Bone Spurs.

BKB

Thumper
08-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Ha ha! Yep ... according to his medical report, he had bone spurs. Who knows?

BUT ... before that, there had been only two U.S. Presidents since Franklin D. Roosevelt who never served in the military ... Clinton and Obama!

Clinton milked his connections and deceived Eugene Holmes to gain a deferment, then went to England to become an activist and to organize a batch of anti-war protests! Wonderful, demonstrating against U.S. policy from foreign soil, all the while, dodging the draft. Great experience for a future Commander in Chief of the US military. Odd, but also during this time he mysteriously appeared in Russia for reasons never disclosed nor any mention of whom he met with while there. Then he returns stating how good the relationship is between Russia and the U.S. and that our countries were actually in a period of détente. WTF? At that particular time, the Soviets were supplying the North Vietnamese with military advisors and anti-aircraft weapons, not to mention it was just one year after Russia had crushed Czechoslovakia! Oh .... maybe there was a Clinton "Russia connection"! ;)

That brings us up to the days of Obama. Of course, I suppose he never served because he wasn't a citizen. Ha ha ha ha! :D

Maybe it’s best not to mention milliseconds of service Mr. Libtard. :poke

Arty
08-27-2018, 07:18 PM
Careful Thump, you just made a lot of sense... and you know what good senses gets you around here!

Thumper
08-28-2018, 08:44 AM
Awww, just messin' with P-hole. (it's called "baiting") :fishing

(he won't figure it out on his own, so don't tell him, ok?) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-28-2018, 09:19 AM
Thanks for hijacking my thread numbnuts (and that is plural)!

BKB

Thumper
08-28-2018, 10:05 AM
Thanks for hijacking my thread numbnuts (and that is plural)! BKB

Ummm, Wait! I'm confused ... is that plural as in both MY nuts are numb? Or is that plural as in you're addressing two numbnutses? :huh

BarryBobPosthole
08-28-2018, 12:09 PM
Multiple numbnutsi.

BKB

airbud7
08-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Hey ....just getting good ...don't stop now....!

https://media.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif

PS: I have pictures of Monica Lewinsky with Bill and the cigar!
wanna see them?

Chicken Dinner
08-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Eww.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ3
08-28-2018, 04:34 PM
Rumple Numbnuts.