PDA

View Full Version : Civil War

Buckrub
01-23-2013, 04:37 PM
I keep saying the chasm between the Reds and the Blues in this country is so wide that it's uncrossable now, and an inevitable Civil War looms. I ain't sure just how much of that is my normal 'tongue in cheek' around here, but HEY......these two news items sorta make me sit back and wonder if I ain't a real prophet!!!

This is bizarre.....especially when taken together (though they are not related):

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-charlie-rangel-guns-some-southern-areas-have-cultures-we-have-overcome

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/21/us/texas-attorney-general-invites-new-yorkers-to-bring-their-guns.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=3&

Add to that the signs last Monday on buses that said "The HOLY Inauguration" and Newsweek's article on Obama called "The Second Coming", and I just wonder what the flying blazes is really going on around here!

Arty
01-23-2013, 07:49 PM
I'd like to officially invite Charlie Rangel to come on down to Bracey, VA for a sit down with me around my firepit down in the woods. I'd LOVE to see how successful he is at overcoming this Southern Culture.

Penguin
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with you bucky. Some of the differences just seem unbridgeable. (is that a word?)

I look at the different sides and I have to say that I envy you, at least you have one party that you can cling to. Me? I disagree with so much of what each side champions that I shudder at the thought of either gaining congress and the executive suite. But I wouldn't worry too much about all of those apocalyptic scenarios that have the sides squaring off with armies. I doubt seriously that most of the people out in the heartland would fight to hold the nation together. We are that weak.

Kind of like a bad marriage. It is not a question of whether it will end but how much pain can be inflicted before one walks away. :)

Will

HideHunter
01-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Kind of like a bad marriage. It is not a question of whether it will end but how much pain can be inflicted before one walks away. :)

Will

Good quote.. (I have a couple of yours tucked away) It will likely show up somplace else. ;)

Penguin
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Be my guest, it is probably the most productive thing I'll say all day. :)

Will

Niner
01-24-2013, 12:28 PM
I certaily hope I don't see armed conflict in my lifetime. Maybe we could break off the North East from the rest of the nation and let them do what ever crazynesss they want to in their new country.

DeputyDog
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Better yet, separate only the counties that were red in the past election and let them live with what they wanted instead of making all of us do it.

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2013, 05:54 PM
What amazes me is you claim to love America, yet you hate half of the people in it. Politics is politics. Get over it. Express your political opinions at the voting booth and let that be the end of it. The only civil war is the one between your ears.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2013, 06:12 PM
No, I'm glad you have opinions. And its a free country so express them when and where you want to. But true civil war is a terrible proposition as is secession. You say you don't hate anyone yet your intense dislike (is that a better word for it) for anyone who doesn't agree with you abotu the political situation is all you seem to talk about. I like keeping up with current events too. It just that the world offers a hell of a lot more to interest me than what greasy politician is in office or whose pocket he has his off hand in.

But feel free to carry on to express yourself. I will as well.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2013, 06:32 PM
In case you didn't know it I was kidding. And yes, you are deranged. but in a way we all know and love. So thicken up that damned skin a little bit. and please let me know who ever said you were hateful, mean, spiteful or ignorant. Wrong maybe, but not those other things.

You slay me. You really do.

So okay, you aren't deranged. I'll stop teasing you for your ardor. Sorry. won't happen again.

BKB

Thumper
01-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Awww sheesh! Here we go again .... :(