PDA

View Full Version : question to Law Enforce types....

hotshot
01-24-2013, 09:42 AM
I may be bringing up old news, but the Conn. Shooting was carried out with pistols correct? The military style long gun was in the truck correct? Then why, (and I know the answer I think), is there such an assault on "assault weapons"?
Or has there been evidence that a long gun was used in the killings? I ask because:
1. Like Columbine, I know the LE community is privy to more information than the general public- for several reasons.
2. The entire discussion on this issue has turned to banning large capacity long guns, Why?
3. I want to have accurate information when I discuss the issue with others.

Thumper
01-24-2013, 09:53 AM
I was wondering the same as I've heard many differing accounts. Here's the last thing I read ... who knows how accurate it is?

In addition to an assault-style rifle and at least two handguns, he also had a shotgun in reserve in the car he drove to the school. And when he was found, Lanza still had hundreds of rounds of ammunition in multiple magazines, after having already fired hundreds of rounds inside the school, where he killed himself with a gunshot to the head as emergency crews arrived.

Although he was carrying three weapons, he used only one of them in all of the school killings — a Bushmaster .223-caliber assault-style rifle similar to the one used by the snipers who terrorized the Washington, D.C., area in 2002. It was purchased legally, they said. He used one of the handguns to kill himself.

Buckrub
01-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Me, too.

Plus one more question. The only video of pulling the long gun out of the trunk, it looks to me like it has a wood stock. It does not look like an AR in the least. ??????????????? The NBC news (still on Youtube) account said "no long guns were used, only handguns".........

LJ3
01-24-2013, 10:15 AM
I can't think of any legitimate reason why the investigating police department couldn't release this information. I don't understand the process around this but it seems pretty straight forward to me.

hotshot
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Bucky- that is exactly the story I remember hearing.... then 2 weeks later, both sides are preparing for an AR ban. That is like saying he used a baseball bat, so we are going to ban shovels.
Besides if you use a shovel to kill someone- ya don't have to figure out what to use to hide the body.

DeputyDog
01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
I had originally heard that he only used handguns, but with all the conflicting reports I don't know. Again I ask, if he had that much ammo and that many magazines, does it really matter how many rounds each one held? Would just 5 minutes taken out of all shooting to make numerous mag changes have saved anyone?

hotshot
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh I agree Pat. I just am having trouble wrapping my intelligent mind and bad typing fingers around the reality of a guy shooting kids with pistols is turning into a Black Rifle grab-fest. 10 10 rounds mags hold just as many rounds as 1 100 round mega mag.