5) Purdue @ Nebraska

6) Florida @ Miss st

7) Hokies @ Duke

8) Ohio st @ Penn St

9) Stanford @ Notre Dame

10) South Carolina @ Kentucky

11) BYU @ Washington

12) Ole Miss @ LSU

Last week I would have picked the mountaineers hands down, this week.....maybe not plus it's in Lubbock

Duke at home against a Hokie team that's only claim to fame is beating FSU, no mean feat it appears. I kinda like Duke in this one

I hope Urban Myers sends James Franklin home with his tail tucked between his legs. About 80-0

Clemson has this Syracuse game circled. Last years gone but not forgotten

Stanford and Notre dame is a hard one to get a feel for. My gut says Notre dame but if Kelly insists on playing Winbush....maybe not

Fear the Wildcats, especially in Lexington

The Sooners take some frustations out on Baylor

I would take the gators if this game wasn't in Starksvegas. Close one I think

Eddie and I would derive great pleasure to see the Corndogs pummel the mascot confused Rebels/Rebel Black Bears/Land Sharks

Upset Specials:

KSU/Texas: Snyder called his team out this week. I'm still not sold on the Texas Herminators

Washington better tape their tampons in this week with BYU coming to town

Big Muddy
09-24-2018, 03:29 PM
I will forgive and overlook my Dog's performance last weekend, if they beat Mullen and his gator-paraders to a bloody pulp, this Saturday. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2018, 06:57 PM
Just to get us back on a subject we can needle one another in good humor about.

BKB

Big Muddy
09-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Keep the faith Arkie fans.......even a blind hog finds an acorn, every now and then.

(ooops, I guess I shouldn't haven't mentioned anything about a "blind Hog")

quercus alba
09-29-2018, 01:22 AM
I haven't seen anything that has convinced me that the Aggies won't score at least 50 points on the hogs. That being said, the Virginia/NC state game has the possibility to be very interesting

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Stanford/Notre Dame looks like the matchup of the day. If Notre Dame wins, the sports media might just put them in the playoff now.

BKB

Big Muddy
09-29-2018, 10:38 AM
I'm a South Carolina fan, this weekend, against KY.....for the sole reason that KY totally embarrassed my unprepared Dogs and coaching staff, last weekend.

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2018, 11:33 AM
I’m pulling for Kentucky because I like how their coach cane in and built that program. It doesn’t hurt that he’s a Stoopsie!

BKB

Big Muddy
09-29-2018, 11:44 AM
I don't like Stoops 'cause he whooped our azzes, last week. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Hopefully he won’t hire his big brother to come coach his D. Although I wouldn’t mind seeing that happen.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2018, 01:06 PM
Syracuse is looking sporty early!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2018, 01:20 PM
Dabo’s boy got hurt and his backup quit the team.

Trouble in River City!

BKB

Big Muddy
09-29-2018, 03:39 PM
I’m pulling for Kentucky because I like how their coach cane in and built that program. It doesn’t hurt that he’s a Stoopsie!

BKB

Hahaha, and I'm pulling for whoever your Okie's are playing, today, just because you're a libtard democrat.

;););)

Btw, why didn't you get your QB to practice on time Friday???.....coach isn't starting him, today. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2018, 03:43 PM
I heard he was sleeping off an Army sized hangover!

BKB

That Clempson game was awesome!

Big Muddy
09-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Wow, Hogs almost upset the Aggies.....shoulda, woulda, coulda.....good game, though.

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2018, 07:42 PM
I didn’t watch it but my cousin was complaining of some bad call late in the game. Sounds like they played them toe to toe.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2018, 10:25 PM
Stanford needs to find a quarterback that isn’t a pussy. They may find a way to win tonight, but Notre Dame is clearly the better all around team.

As much as I hate’em.

BKB

Big Muddy
09-30-2018, 01:00 AM
AMBER ALERT !!! MISSING---OFFENSIVE LINE, DEFENSIVE LINE, QUARTERBACK, PUNTER, HEAD COACH AND ENTIRE STAFF !!!!! IF SEEN, PLEASE CONTACT THE MS STATE WASTE DISPOSAL CENTER !!!

Chicken Dinner
09-30-2018, 06:55 AM
I had a feeling the Hokies would bounce back against the Dookies and they did. I’m willing to bet Fuentes and Foster got their attention in practice this week. My phone defeated Wolfpack took care of Virginia and I’d kind to se them break into the top 25 this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Week 5 thoughts:

1) I hate to give notre dame credit for anything but they're not bad. Syracuse has the best chance to beat them I think. I don't trust VA Tech, there's still the reek of the Old Dominion game lingering. I'd give them ****

2) I don"t know if Army is that good or if the Sooner game was an anomaly, anyway I give the Sooners ****

3) If Snyder doesn't bench his starting QB for the first half (????) Texas might have their second loss.

4) Any day Baylor gets beat is a good day. If they get blown out it's a great day. Dave Bliss and Art Briles, they can sure pick them in Waco

5) I totally missed the BYU?Washington upset pick. My penance is no pasta today

6) Scott Frost says he's tired of coaching, his team likes losing. Way to fire them up coach, you just thought you had problems, try saying your team is a bunch of losers on national TV.

7) I'm still not sold on WVU. If they played the Sooners tomorrow, I'd say Oklahoma by 13

8) OSU/PSU....really good game. Glad the loss lays squarely on Franklin's shoulders. Jerk!

9) Georgia fans might not want to buy final four tickets yet. If Fromm doesn't get more consistent downfield passing Florida or Kentucky might sneak up on them

10) LSU is playing over their heads at the moment, their OC is doing a great job working with what he has

11) ROLL TIDE!

12) Honorable mention, Sryacuse, Washington, Auburn, Central Florida, Oregon NC State, Army, Cincy,

Bonus thoughts: A. Willie Taggerts Felon state boys come back and beat the Lying Petrinos. Good job.
B. Roll a dice where the lowest number is 50 to pick how much Bama will score on the piggies. I wonder what idiot scheduled this game to showcase the biggest recruiting weekend of the year. Maybe we Arkansans deserve the reputation of being a bunch of inbred morons.

BarryBobPosthole
10-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Questions for the guru:

1. How is it LSU gets such a high ranking so soon?

2. Can Clempson close out the ACC with a third team qb?

3. Why do the service academies get away with cut blocking but other schools don’t?

4. Can you define for me what holding is?

5. I’m loving Kentucky’s season so far. But 13th? Really?

6. at what week in the season do rankings really make any sense at all?

I’ll take my answer off the air.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2018, 01:49 PM
What’s up with all the Franklin hate? I don’t admittedly know much about him, but I know a bunch of Penn State grads and they are truly great fans. It’d be hard fo r me to root for those supercilious pricks from tOSU over them.

The last couple of weeks haven’t held much broad interest for me, but Week 6 has some interesting match ups.

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Sometimes, I think we over complicate things. With respect to #3:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/8/30/17472936/block-below-waist-rule-ncaa

BarryBobPosthole
10-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Calling out dirty play is not over complicating things. The service academies all get a pass on what is essentially dirty play.
Its been talked about for years but its like cursing the touchdown jesus to mention it.

BKB

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Let me address the Franklin question 1st. When at Vanderbilt, two of his best players raped and severely beat a female student. I mean severely. They played the remainder of the season before being arrested and it was two years before they were tried and sentenced. After sentencing, one of the players said Franklin not only knew about it but covered for them. By then he was trying to straighten out the PSU mess and had left vandy the same year as the rape. Plus he's an asshat first class. I rate him about as low as Petrino only a worse coach.

Thus the Franklin hate

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 02:50 PM
He lied thru his teeth in every aspect of the case and there's a ton of info about it out there. If they had investigated him the way they did Urban Meyer, he couldn't get a job hand washing jock straps for a junior high team

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Fair enough. So, that’s worse than knowing one of your coaches is a wife beater, I mean severely, and ignoring and then lying about knowing about it because he’s the grandson of a coaching legend from your school? I’m really not trying to start an argument. Just want to understand where to draw the line between PSU and tOSU.

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 03:01 PM
I don't mean to paint Urban Meyer as an alter boy but if I had two men on trial, one an employer of a wife beater who didn't report it and the other a violent rapist. Call me old fashioned but guess who I'd throw the book at and who get the lighter sentence? I guess it kinda comes down to the individual

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 03:10 PM
I'd like to answer Posty's question number four as simply and honestly as I can. Holding is what the other team is not getting called for but your team is.

Happens every game that Arkansas plays, I'm a witness. If you team is not playing then the team you're rooting against gets away with holding every play. Once again I'm a witness.

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2018, 03:43 PM
I'd like to answer Posty's question number four as simply and honestly as I can. Holding is what the other team is not getting called for but your team.

That’s probably the most accurate thing written on GH in years.

BarryBobPosthole
10-01-2018, 03:59 PM
I'd like to answer Posty's question number four as simply and honestly as I can. Holding is what the other team is not getting called for but your team is.

Happens every game that Arkansas plays, I'm a witness. If you team is not playing then the team you're rooting against gets away with holding every play. Once again I'm a witness.

The Truth is king here at QA’s Football Monday Shop Talk program.

BKB

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 08:13 PM
1. How is it LSU gets such a high ranking so soon? Two reasons, A. They're an undefeated SEC west team which automatically rates a top five ranking.
B.They're an undefeated SEC west team which automatically rates a top five ranking

2. Can Clempson close out the ACC with a third team qb? Yes. No. Maybe. From what I can see, the third stringer is as good or better than Mama's boy that left the team because 18 starts isn't a fair shot. Besides, Clempson is gonna run and play defense from here on out

3. Why do the service academies get away with cut blocking but other schools don’t?I think it's perception. kinda hard to run a triple option without cut blocks and they've done it for so long I think it's probably not considered a cut as much as a typical triple option block

4. Can you define for me what holding is? See above

5. I’m loving Kentucky’s season so far. But 13th? Really? That is a little high..18-20 would probably be more accurate. However, it's been so long since a SEC east team besides georgia has been undefeated at this point that all the voters are prematurely ejaculating

6. at what week in the season do rankings really make any sense at all?Jan 7. Or right now. It looks like everyone else is playing for 2nd place anyway

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2018, 08:29 PM
I keep waiting for a Bama game that might be worth watching. By that, I mean the opponent might have. Snowball’s chance in hell of competing. No offense QA, and there’s nothing I’d like better but to eat my words on this, but I won’t be watching this week either.

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 08:39 PM
I'll probably turn it off at 28-0 midway thru the first quarter if they don't score to make it 35-0 while i'm picking up the remote