PDA

View Full Version : I gots a question

Thumper
09-27-2018, 01:43 AM
If all these accusations against Kavanaugh turn out to be unsubstantiated, why can’t these women be sued for slander? It TOTALLY fits the definition.

DeputyDog
09-27-2018, 06:54 AM
I don’t see why they couldn’t. Also, if they provide sworn testimony and it isn’t true, charge them with perjury. Oh wait, we already have precedent that lying under oath about sexual encounters doesn’t count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
09-27-2018, 08:46 AM
I'm beginning to think that the Dems losing the election has sent them totally over the edge! It just gets sillier and sillier every day. SUCK IT UP! Hillary is NOT your President. I can't believe the total bullshit that's going on these days! I wonder how many billions of $$$ in time and effort has been wasted on fighting Trump's every move? And not accomplishing ANYTHING in the meantime. I honestly don't know how Trump gets ANYTHING done, but he's accomplishing more than has been accomplished in MANY years of previous administrations. I don't know how the man does it. When he called Bush "Low Energy" ... I thought it was a low blow, but shit! The whole U.S. Olympic Team is low energy compared to this guy. He must average about 30-mins. sleep/night ... if that! I can't even imagine the work he'd get done if he had a little bit of support from the worthless fucks in Congress. That "drain the swamp" idea is EXACTLY what's needed. Fuck the whole bunch of them ... including a shitload of the Republicans drawing paychecks for doing nothing! I usually don't get very fired up over politics, but lately it's gotten so frigging insane, it's impossible NOT to get fired up. I think the Dems have lost their frigging minds over this administration. (did I already say that?)

This is just nuts!

BarryBobPosthole
09-27-2018, 09:09 AM
They can be charged with perjury. Which is why whatever they or he says should be done under oath.
But from wht they jVe submitted to congress already they. An be charged with lying to congress.
Which is total irony with this lying president

BKB

Thumper
09-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Bite me snowflake! ;)

If this all turns out to be a sham, I see no reason the tables shouldn't be turned.

slan·der
nounLAW

1 : the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation

2 : a false and defamatory oral statement about a person

Or how 'bout libel?

libel
noun

1 : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression

2 : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt

LJ3
09-27-2018, 09:57 AM
I'll just set this down right'chere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a neologism describing a reaction to United States President Donald Trump by liberals, progressives, and anti-Trump conservatives, who are said to respond to Trump's statements and political actions irrationally and with little regard to Trump's actual position or action taken.[1] The term has been used to discredit criticism of Trump's actions.[2]

BarryBobPosthole
09-27-2018, 11:05 AM
I don’t know why they wouldn’t be liable under current libel and slander laws. I don’t know if this qualifies or not. I ain’t a lawyer like you all obviously are.

BKb