PDA

View Full Version : CFB week 6

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 10:07 PM
1) LSU @ Florida. Should be close. I don't like the gaytors.....Geaux Corndogs

2) Notre Dame @ VTech I'll be rooting for the Hokies but I think Syracuse will be the one to beat the Irish

3) Texas and Oklahoma Red River Shootout ain't what it used to be. Sooners by two touchdowns. At least.

4) Auburn @ Mississippi st Bulldogs need this one badly. Awbarn gets it

5) Kentucky @ A&M If and I mean IF kentucky wins this, it will be close. That said, Benny Snell is a beast

6) Maryland @ Michigan Looks close on paper but it won't be. Michigan by 17

7) Nebraska @ Wisco Who will Scott Frost throw under the bus this weekend? Badgers will rush for 300+ and it won't be close

8) Northwestern @ Michigan st I'm thinking upset special........naw, Wildcats are game but home field is the difference

9) Arizona st @ Colorado The Hermanators pull it out.....Upset special

10) Navy @ Airforce Love the service academies, Go Army......I mean Navy

11) Mizzou @ South Carolina I don't know if this counts as an upset but SC gets spatchcocked .

12) Georgia Tech @ The Lying Petrino's The Wreck lays the wishbone to the home team and will someone please step on Petrino''s face?

Other tidbits: I just hope nobody from Arkansas gets hurt saturday. It'll be ugly, doubt we cover the 34.5 spread.
Rutgers and the Illini for the #1 draft choice in the Big ten.
HH, The ACC is kinda down so your Pack isn't getting much love. They'll beat BC at home
The PAC 10 has become irrelevant

quercus alba
10-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Somehow my thread ended up ine the Gone but not forgotten section . Would one the admins kindly delete it? Of course the Razorback program might belong there

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2018, 11:27 PM
The ACC is weird this year. The conference is not as good at the top and the usual lower tier teams like Syracuse, BC and Wake are improved. State could be a pretty good team, but they haven’t really been tested yet. (Having the WVa game canceled by Florence leaves a lot of question marks still.). They have to take care of BC at home if they want to make any noise at all. Va Tech is very young on defense. But, also very talented. After the starting QB broke his leg at ODU, they will go as far as the defense can grow up and carry them. They’ve got a chance against ND, but I wouldn’t bet money on it either. God only knows what’s going on at Clemson with the QB situation.

It probably doesn’t matter if Arkansas beats Alabama as they’ll still find an excuse to put the Tide in the playoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Tulsa v Houston is on ESPN tonight. Tulsa might give them a decent tussle. They have a new QB starting tonight from Trav’s hometown, Collinsville, OK.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2018, 07:45 AM
Time to get it on! Lots of interesting games today.

airbud7
10-06-2018, 08:16 AM
#11 is wrong....:swordfight

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2018, 11:01 AM
The Wolfpack was getting a little too much love on Game Day this morning. I’m not sure whether I appreciate some recognition or am now more nervous about the game.

Big Muddy
10-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Where the h3ll is the Okie's defense???.....Horns have scored on dang near every possession.

quercus alba
10-06-2018, 02:51 PM
Looks like I under guesstimated the Whorns. Sorry I jinxed them posthole

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Where the h3ll is the Okie's defense???.....Horns have scored on dang near every possession.

Big 12 defense? [emoji23]

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Don’t look now, but here come the Sooners!

Big Muddy
10-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Yep, but just a little too late.

BarryBobPosthole
10-06-2018, 04:20 PM
Holy crap. I’m embarrased for the way our defense has fallen over the past years. We couldn’t stop a strong wind. Most of it iMO is recruiting and coaching. We haven’t had a linebacker that anybody can remember their name in four years. ourD line is fat guys who can’t run. We run five-sixmen in the box for three quarters against a quarterback thatcan’t beat is with his arm and he runs all over us. Do we change? yes in the 4th quarter and we’re down 21.
Fuck! I hate to lose to stupidity.

But it was a helluva RRS. Officiating was good and the scenery looked like typical game day talent.

Now we gotta figure out a way to win the Big 12. And tackle somebody. We gotta do that first.

Bkb

quercus alba
10-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Looks like the piggies brought their offense and left the defense at home. 31 against Bama, saban gonna tear some booty up in practice this week

airbud7
10-06-2018, 06:50 PM
#11 is wrong....:swordfight

As I quote myself....
Told you so...!

You said..."Mizzou @ South Carolina I don't know if this counts as an upset but SC gets spatchcocked"

We won Bitch!

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Bama and Clemson both looked dominant early. Should be interesting to see if GA follows suit against Vandy.

quercus alba
10-06-2018, 10:12 PM
Kentucky is apt to lose this game because they don't have a QB. Too many times these athletic scrambling QBs never learn the basics of throwing the ball. Might as well run the wishbone or the old WingT.

Big Muddy
10-06-2018, 11:44 PM
My Dogs finally came outta their football funk tonite.....won 23-9 over Auburn.

BarryBobPosthole
10-07-2018, 09:47 PM
They sure did Muddy. A fine win over a tough team. Congrats!

The Sooners just fired Mike Stoops. Should have been done three years ago. We just let a mediocre passer beat us with his legs. Stoopid. And we had them behind the chains several times and gave them first downs.

Anyway. My money os on Ruffin McNeil taking over until they can hore a permanent dc. Progress!

I can’t wait for the rematch with Texas in the Big 12 Championship.

Chicken Dinner
10-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Penguin’s WVa Mountaineers May have something to say about that this year. They’ve finally got a defense this year and look for real.

quercus alba
10-08-2018, 01:17 PM
week six thoughts:
1) Notre Dame will probably finish 12-0. They had better hope georgia or Clempson loses one so the don't have to face Bama in the first round.

2) Arkansas scored 31 on Bama, ther's gonna be some tongues hanging out in Tuscaloosa this week

3) I'm not totally sold on the Mountaineers yet, Texas, TCU, Okie Light and the Sooners still on the schedule with a game in Ames this weekend. They'll get the chance to prove they're worthy of their lofty ranking.

4) Scott Frost hasn't thrown any players under the bus yet this week but the week isn't over yet. He'll still be ofer after he gets back from Chi-town this weekend

5) Posty was right, Kentucky was ranked a tad high

6) Red river shootout was a great game if you're not a Sooner fan.

7) LSU/Florida was a thrownback to the 70's when defense reigned. Good hard hitting game or two inept offenses, you decide

8) Life is good when the Lying petrino's get stomped.

9) Gus might be on the hot seat before long. I could easily see the War eagles at 7-5. He might have saved the hogs 50 million $

10) Kind of a MEH weekend outside a few really hard fought games.

Haven't looked at this weeks schedule yet, maybe tonight. Things are starting to shake out a little now. If Arkansas can upset Ole Miss this weekend all will be good in the world of CFB